Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

disneysea best disney park ever?

Is Tokyo Disney Sea the best disney park ever?

Re: disneysea best disney park ever?

In some ways, yes.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    Is Tokyo Disney Sea the best disney park ever?
    I would say that TDS is the best non-kingdom park built, while Disneyland is the best "Kingdom' Park.

• Minion

In terms of theming and attention to detail, yes. Overall, Disneyland still has the top spot in my opinion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• When Will It Return?

Depends if you count DisneySea as a "Disney Park." If you asked Jay Rasulo who invented "Disney Parks" he would say it's not because Disney doesn't own the place.

I tend to agree. When I was at Tokyo DisneySea, it was painfully obvious that Disney was not in charge here, despite Disney characters, trademarks and recognizeable images everywhere you turn. But that's the extent of it.

IMO, Tokyo DisneySea is an OLC Park with Disney characters in it. Especially when you consider that none of the lands are based on Disney-specific ideas (e.g. A Bug's Land) and have much more general and original themes to them.

Disneyland Park is the best Disney-owned park I've ever been to, though my favorite is still Epcot.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    IMO, Tokyo DisneySea is an OLC Park with Disney characters in it. Especially when you consider that none of the lands are based on Disney-specific ideas (e.g. A Bug's Land) and have much more general and original themes to them.
    Ah, but don't forget about Mermaid Lagoon. That's actually very Disney-specific.

Personally, I love spending time at DisneySea, and would rather spend more time there than at any other park. But at the same time, it doesn't have as many rides and shows, and they don't get as much seasonal decoration (Christmas, Halloween) as the main Magic Kingdom parks. Nor do they have many Disney characters out.

But DisneySea has the best atmosphere of any of the theme parks, making it fun to take your time and explore.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Well Mermaid Lagoon was based on the Little Mermaid movie and that play's a big part of the parks theme. Also while Arabian Coast is not just based on Aladdin, the movie is heavily referenced thoughout the land and in attractions like The Magic lamp Theatre and the 3 story Carousel.

Disney Sea is one of the best parks, but is it the best, I'm not to sure I would rate it over Disneyland Paris and Disney's Animal Kingdom, which are personally my two favourite parks.

• Banned User

Depends if you count DisneySea as a "Disney Park." If you asked Jay Rasulo who invented "Disney Parks" he would say it's not because Disney doesn't own the place.

I tend to agree. When I was at Tokyo DisneySea, it was painfully obvious that Disney was not in charge here, despite Disney characters, trademarks and recognizeable images everywhere you turn. But that's the extent of it.
    I totally disagree with you here. This park has "Disney" plastered all over it. It is quite an achievement for Disney's WDI and to say this park is not "disney" is actually quite laughable. Plus quoting what Jay Rassulo might say is even more laughable and puts your entire credibility here at risk.

Another misguided opinion that only someone disconnected with Disney's films and products can come up with. You are on a roll.
    Mermaid Lagoon... was based on Little Mermaid. Aladdin was the inspiration for Arabian Coast. Mysterious Island is basically lifted from 20K. Lost River delta takes a cue from the Adventureland theme... New York and Med Harbor, while not related to Disney's films, brings the maritime theme front and center.. with a dash of elegance and nostagia that has always been a Disney "theme/ feel" in all of it's parks.. including the original DL.

Disneyland Park is the best Disney-owned park I've ever been to, though my favorite is still Epcot.
    EPCOT? Yuk. That place is so stale and unfocused. At least the themes of TDS do fit together and work well. As for DL being the best DL park.. Yes, I agree, with DLP being a very good park as well.

"IMO, Tokyo DisneySea is an OLC Park with Disney characters in it. Especially when you consider that none of the lands are based on Disney-specific ideas (e.g. A Bug's Land) and have much more general and original themes to them."

The statement highlights what has been the down fall of the entire Disney organization.

"Disney" used to mean a style of entertainment, a level of quality, a certain flair in showmanship.

Now they've sold people on the idea that "Disney" is something that contains Disney-brand characters - or a Disney price tag on the box. "Disney" is no longer a genre of entertainment, it's a merchandise brand name meant to hock wares of a single corporation.

Tokyo DisneySea is the most Disney park (save for Disneyland naturally) because it embodies the sense of joy, imagination and exploration that used to typify pre-brand Disney productions. It has nothing to do with characters or film tie-ins - it has to do with making places from the imagination spring to live.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice

Tokyo DisneySea is the MOST Disney park (save for Disneyland naturally) because it embodies the sense of joy, imagination and exploration that used to typify pre-brand Disney productions. It has nothing to do with characters or film tie-ins - it has to do with making places from the imagination spring to live.
    Very well said Another Voice. It's nice to see I am not the only one being discriminating about quality in regards to the Disney parks.

• Resident of the Caldera

There is certainly nothing less Disney about DisneySea than there is about any second gate. Why is DisneySea "less" Disney than Epcot or Animal Kingdom? DisneySea competes with Epcot as the finest second gate at any Disney Resort in the world. To say that it's not a "Disney" park is to say that ANY non-Magic Kingdom is not a Disney park. Are you saying that?

Disneysea is indeed an AAAAmazing theme park, i always tell my friends you could go there bindfolded, snap away with a camera and you'd still get amazing pictures. it really is that stunning.

But i will echo the thoughts of others in my top 10 favourite Disney parks in comes in at number 5...

Just goes to show that it takes more than Beauty to become the best.

(Worth noting i've not been to Hong Kong yet)

SW

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Another misguided opinion that only someone disconnected with Disney's films and products can come up with. You are on a roll.
    I don't think it's possible to have a misguided opinion... It may be your opinion that his opinion is misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    EPCOT? Yuk. That place is so stale and unfocused.

I wonder why no one ever asked about DisneySea at Long Beach CA. the real second park of Disneyland.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    I wonder why no one ever asked about DisneySea at Long Beach CA. the real second park of Disneyland.
    Because the state of California doesn't make up 7 ports of call by itself. Oh, sure, you can do a California version of American Waterfront, but that's about it. I see nothing in the state in which I was born in that would indicate a Lost River Delta kind of area or even a Porto Paradiso area. Silicon Valley may do nicely for a Port Discovery, but that's a stretch in it of itself.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast