• Just another Disney fan..

TDL Christmas Castle Show Digest

Reading through the latest Disney Fan magazine, I saw it has a list of all the Christmas castle shows going back to 1997. See how many of these names bring back past memories...

1997 "Christmas Fantasy"
    1999-2000 "Christamas Town Fantasy"
    2001 "Christmas For You"
    2002 "Sparkling Christmas For You"
    2003 "Mickey's Merry Christmas"
    2004 "Mickey's Christmas Present"
    2005 "Mickey's Magical Christmas Tree"
    2006-2007 "Twinkle Holiday Moment"

And for this year...

2008 "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time"

• Banned User

Re: TDL Christmas Castle Show Digest

It brings back a lot of memories because I saw all of those shows and have the cd's to each one as well. It's quite a Disney show legacy what OLC has built here. In the meantime.. over at the MK, we have only seen two xmas shows over that same amount of time.. Sparkling Xmas Spectacular and the current Xmas show which is so lacking, I can't even remember the name of it...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    It brings back a lot of memories because I saw all of those shows and have the cd's to each one as well. It's quite a Disney show legacy what OLC has built here. In the meantime.. over at the MK, we have only seen two xmas shows over that same amount of time.. Sparkling Xmas Spectacular and the current Xmas show which is so lacking, I can't even remember the name of it...
    "Celebrate The Season"!!!

By the way Roger55, great list!

I have seen them in videos online and their great!

Here's 2 things to think and talk about:

1. Should "Twinkle Holiday Moment" be in that list as a "TDL Christmas Castle Show"'. That show was nothing like what happed from 1997-2005

2. Will "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time" end up in that
    famous list?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    "Celebrate The Season"!!!
    Gee thanks. Even that name is boring and forgettable.

1. Should "Twinkle Holiday Moment" be in that list as a "TDL Christmas Castle Show"'. That show was nothing like what happed from 1997-2005
    Still, that show had a more magical ending than "Celebrate the Season...(of witches?)"

2. Will "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time" end up in that
    famous list?
    Most probably, and I am even sure it will be even better than "Celebrate the Season...(of income taxes)".

Gee thanks. Even that name is boring and forgettable.

Still, that show had a more magical ending than "Celebrate the Season...(of witches?)"

Most probably, and I am even sure it will be even better than "Celebrate the Season...(of income taxes)".
    Last year WDW turned on the strobes and the lights for the finale of Celebrate the Season, like TDL's Twinkle Holiday Moment

I'm begining to think more and more that "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time" will earn a spot on that list. If anyone of has time today, look at Deep Disney's lastest update. The Stage is huge! Only thing I'm worried about is the show will be all X Games. I HOPE is has some TDL Magic in it. The magic we saw 1997-2005.

• Loves Mickey!

Last year WDW turned on the strobes and the lights for the finale of Celebrate the Season, like TDL's Twinkle Holiday Moment

I'm begining to think more and more that "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time" will earn a spot on that list. If anyone of has time today, look at Deep Disney's lastest update. The Stage is huge! Only thing I'm worried about is the show will be all X Games. I HOPE is has some TDL Magic in it. The magic we saw 1997-2005.
    The stage looks really great! There are 4 half pipes and to see everything you will have to see it more than once from different angles. I second the recommendation to check out the pictures at Deep Disney it looks like it will be a fun show!

• Shubisha

Ya I don't consider Twinkle Holiday Moment to be a castle show, just a castle lighting show like all the parks had last year, WDW included("let's decorate it with popcorn!" *groan*).

Love the soundtracks from 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 though.(2003 I just like the theme song, and 2005 is fun because they used a song from frickin My Little Pony and then Share a Dream Come True and Home Alone too :P).

• Banned User

A little too late IMHO..
    Only thing I'm worried about is the show will be all X Games. I HOPE is has some TDL Magic in it. The magic we saw 1997-2005.
    I am worried about this as well.. and trust me, I wil give the show poor marks if that is all there is to it.

BTW.. the current Disney Fan issue already has a picture of this year's TDL Christmas Fantasy CD on it... and will sell for 2,600 some-yen.

• You have much to learn...

I've only managed to see Mickeys Christmas tree and Twinkle twice- so I'm hoping for something really good next week. I didn't find out much about the new show other than what has been discussed here, but is there going to be a lottery system with seats this year? If so, where would they distribute tickets?

• Banned User

Based on what I saw on the latest Disney Fan, there will be a lotto system, but I am not sure if there will be seats. It could be a standing area in front of the stage... not sure yet. Ichigopara? Info on this?

• You have much to learn...

I thought I saw something like that too-I don't have the issue with me now, but do remember seeing something pointing to Tomorrowland right above Space mountain, if my memory serves me correctly. I was thinking that may have been the area to go to to get the lottery tickets.

I was assuming they may be doing the lottery system as well, but didn't know if it had been confirmed yet-

• Loves Mickey!

Based on what I saw on the latest Disney Fan, there will be a lotto system, but I am not sure if there will be seats. It could be a standing area in front of the stage... not sure yet. Ichigopara? Info on this?
    The people I have talked to say there will be seating for the lottery but I don't know for sure though.

• Yo!

I can't believe Twinkle Holiday Moment is having its spot defended on that list. While it's definitely a nice greeting show with a pretty finale, like almandot said, it's nothing more than a glorified castle lighting. Compared to what TDL did every year before that, it definitely is NOT a castle show in the broadest sense of the term, IMO.

And I'll be the first brave soul to say that WDW is definitely getting a lot more crap flung its way than need be. Yes, its castle show may be a bit dated, but I'd certainly take an actual castle show over Twinkle any day. WDW's show has stuff going for it, too, including the "talking" characters (which Japan still doesn't have) and the beautifully lit castle during the finale (which outshines Japan, IMO). Would I pick WDW's show over an actual TDR castle show? Hell no! Do I think it deserves all the crap in the world flung in its direction? Also a hell no.
    "Keep Moving Forward."