Western River Railroad Refurb

I was just checking the list of attractions that will be closed when I'm at TDR. On the list is Mickey's House, Space Mtn for a long rehab and Western River Railroad will be closed for a month. Can anyone tell me if it is similar to DL's Grand Canyon and dinosours. Anyone have any pictures of this attraction at TDR? Thaks for your help.

• Banned User

Re: Western River Railroad Refurb

I don't have pictures because flash photos are not allowed in the "Primeval World" section of the ride, but as far as I can remember, it is pretty similar to DL's section... minus the Grand canyon portion.
    However... it will be tragic that you will miss the little indian boy waving at the guests as the train rides by...
    I am curious about the Space Mt rehab... considering they just did one not too long ago to give the ride a face lift...

I got it. I do actually remember the little Indian waving, the big moose and all the deer. I think that was one of the few rides I actually rode when I was there last time. Thanks for sparking the memory. And after further investigation you are correct the primeval portion is a copy of the DL version minus the Grand Canyon.

• Banned User

Hmmm... so if you remember the little indian waving, then you have been on the ride before and should have seen the Primeval World portion. Don't you remember that?

As for the Canyon scene missing... well.. I kind of like how the Big Thunder Mt pretty much serves as a canyon preshow to the Primeval World.. with that unique stegosaurus (is that the correct name?) bones scene just before you go indoors.

It was a long time ago. And I went to the TDR for the day only. And was amazed at the crowd. I was so overwhelmed. I didn't even know about TDS. So that's why it took a bit to remind me. Now I check off my guidemap as I go, so years later I know what I've been on (whether I remember it or not).

• Banned User

Well TDS has only been there 7 years... so I am sure you probably visited before that? There is even a monorail now in place as well..

• Resident of the Caldera

The Primeval World section of the ride is identical in every respect to the one at Disneyland, which is taken from the Ford ride at the New York World's Fair (64-65). The Western River Railroad has a more greater amount of Indian scenery than the trains at the US parks. All the figures have greater detail and more movement (including the animals). They were just rehabbed a year or two ago. It is best ridden at night or when it's raining--very evocative at those times.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

On the list is Mickey's House
    Interesting, I wonder if the park will set up a tempory area to meet Mickey, seeing that this is one of the most popular attractions at the park, and usually post a 90 min wait time. Closing Space Mountain and the Railroad you can get away with, but not being able to meet Mickey, hmm.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Interesting, I wonder if the park will set up a tempory area to meet Mickey, seeing that this is one of the most popular attractions at the park, and usually post a 90 min wait time. Closing Space Mountain and the Railroad you can get away with, but not being able to meet Mickey, hmm.
    You would still be able to meet Mickey in other areas at TDL and TDS so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Mickey is one of the regular characters doing daily meet and greet at the park's front entrance to the right side of the floral Mickey garden. I would assume that will still be in place. Whether they will add another meet area for Mickey, well, I do not know.

• Banned User

You would still be able to meet Mickey in other areas at TDL and TDS
    Mickey is one of the regular characters doing daily meet and greet at the park's front entrance to the right side of the floral Mickey garden. I would assume that will still be in place.
    The only problem with the location for Mickey at the front is Cast Members will only keep the line open for a short time and after the line extends to a certain length, it closes down. I wonder if this will result in guest hanging around the area waiting for the line to re open.

• Banned User

I do not think you need to be concered with this Malin. You are working yourself into a heart attack. I am sure OLC will have the mouse avail for pics and greet.

• Banned User

Why TDLFAN I am very touched you are so concern about my health. Really I couldn't give care less, as it will have no efect on me, but I am interested in the park operations side of things, especially seeing that One Man's Dream 2 recently did a lottery system as a way to stop people from hanging out by the attraction. And I do wonder how guest will react when there find out Mickey's House is closed for business. Also from a financial point of view this may result in lost revenue, from the hundreds of photo sourvineers that are sold each day.

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    I was just checking the list of attractions that will be closed when I'm at TDR. On the list is Mickey's House, Space Mtn for a long rehab and Western River Railroad will be closed for a month. Can anyone tell me if it is similar to DL's Grand Canyon and dinosours. Anyone have any pictures of this attraction at TDR? Thaks for your help.
    Hello there, WRR is similar to the other Disney Railroad but it only has the dinosaur diorama and does'nt stop at other station but its start. You can see a full comparison of the different Railroads here :

5 Disney Railroad

Tata !
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Thanks for that. It was interesting especially having been to all the Parks, it helps point out the difference between each. Very enjoyable.