Woohoo!!! Visiting TDR officially on Feb 13-15

or 2 of those days. I only have just over 3 days in Tokyo and am taking one day to check out the city (yeah, I know, not much time to do anything)

This is just a side-trip that I was lucky enough to take advantage of from my job.

So quick questions, is this a busy time? I know it's a weekend so it will be busier. Also, i know it will be pretty cold (for a Floridian at least), does it usually get really windy too since it's on the water?

Thanks!

Re: Woohoo!!! Visiting TDR officially on Feb 13-15

Hey Chris! That's great! I'm so happy for you. I've seen you on some other forums.. I think Universal ones on Disboards.. I'm nerdboyrockstar there.

But anyway, I'll be there in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    Hey Chris! That's great! I'm so happy for you. I've seen you on some other forums.. I think Universal ones on Disboards.. I'm nerdboyrockstar there.

But anyway, I'll be there in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.
    Ah yes, we're the dark side members, lol. That's awesome that you'll be there soon too, and take lots of pictures, I know my camera will be worn out by the time I get done!!

I'm not a huge picture taker but I'll try.. haha. Do you know where you're staying yet? And are you gonna do one day at TDL and the other at TDS?

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I'm not a huge picture taker but I'll try.. haha. Do you know where you're staying yet? And are you gonna do one day at TDL and the other at TDS?
    No, still planning where I'm going to stay. I don't have a lot of spare cash right now, so trying to budget. One day at each park, yes. They don't have simple park-hopping the same way they do here, from what I've seen, like if you get a 3 day pass, you can only park hop on the 3rd day.

anybody know how busy it might be?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    anybody know how busy it might be?
    It shouldn't normally be busy because it is the slow part of the year. However, it's also the last phase of the 25th anniversary so who knows because if the finale stage show is very good it could bring in more people right? The entertainment has been getting better throughout the anniversary so it could be a very nice castle show. It's also around Valentine's day so maybe there will be many couples. The ticket event for Valentine's nights last year at TDS was very good and I feel that if they do it this year the tickets for that will sell much faster. I know that if they do the event we will want to do it at least twice for sure. I think you will be fine though as long as you have a plan for what you want to do and keep an eye out as the date gets closer for word on how the crowds are.

• Just another Disney fan..

Exclamation Re: Woohoo!!! Visiting TDR officially on Feb 13-15

I see you will be there on a Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Weekends are extremely crowded at TDL and very crowded at TDS. TDL is so crowded and you waist a lot of time in lines (1-2 hrs for all major attractions).

If those days are your only options, I would do TDL on Fri and TDS on Sun. You won't get the two day pass discount because the days are not consecutive. While it will cost you a bit more this way, avoiding Sat will actually allow you to get more bang for your buck.

This is JMO. Hopefully others here can back what I've said up or share their opinion.

Do the crowds start to pick up on Friday compared to the weekday or is it still relatively less crowded?

• Banned User

Roger55, weekends in Feb may not be all that bad due to the cold weather, but it depends on the anniversary finale as Ichigopara stated. However, in regads to long lines... that is why I always suggest everyone going to arrive early before the gates open and start using FP for the rides asap and throughout the day. That way, your time at the park will be maximazed, even in crowded conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Roger55, weekends in Feb may not be all that bad due to the cold weather, but it depends on the anniversary finale as Ichigopara stated. However, in regads to long lines... that is why I always suggest everyone going to arrive early before the gates open and start using FP for the rides asap and throughout the day. That way, your time at the park will be maximazed, even in crowded conditions.
    Yeah, I would definitely be planning on that.

Also, if anyone is local and wants to meet up on one of those days, let me know.

• TDR and Japan fan

sundays are horrible at TDS we enjoyed more the mid week there it was so cool not much ppl