I'll be staying at..

the Hilton Tokyo Bay for the Tokyo Disney part of my trip. What are my options for getting there from my hotel in Shinjuku? I'll be staying at the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku..

Would I just take a train from Shinjuku station to the Maihaima stop? I'm also not sure how far the hotel is from there.. would I need a taxi?

Thanks..

• Banned User

Re: I'll be staying at..

Shinjuku to TDR will take about 45 mins to get to. Taxi? I would not recommend it. It will be a very expensive ride... in the vecinity of a $100 or more. Personally, I do not care much for Shinjuku. Too far from Disney for me, but would be Ok if Disney is not a priority in your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Shinjuku to TDR will take about 45 mins to get to. Taxi? I would not recommend it. It will be a very expensive ride... in the vecinity of a $100 or more. Personally, I do not care much for Shinjuku. Too far from Disney for me, but would be Ok if Disney is not a priority in your plans.
    TDR us a priority, which is why I'll be moving from my Shinjuku hotel to the Hilton Tokyo Bay.

My question was how do I get to my hotel from Shinjuku to the Hilton Tokyo Bay on my day of check-out/check-in.

I'm guessing I would take the train from Shinjuku to Maihama? And then a taxi from the station to the hotel or..? Whatever's cheapest and most convenient. Thanks.

• Banned User

Take the train from Shinjuku to Maihama. Check in for your hotel at the TDR Welcome Center next to Maihama stattion. From there, you can 1) take the TDR Line monorail to bayside station and either walk to the hilton or take the 1 minute ride on the Disney cruiser bus for free. You can also take the free Hilton shuttle or Disney Cruiser from TDL's Main entrance (a very short walk from Maihama) straight to the hotel.

EDIT: your bags are delivered free of charge from the Welcome Center to your hotel... so you won't have to carry them around. This in fact gives you an option to start enjoying the parks right away and arrive at your hotel later in the day.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

easy You could try staying at the Kieo Plaza in Shinjuku, which is a Good Neighbor hotel and offers free shuttle service to and from the Resort each day, and even has the TDR tv information channel available in hotel rooms.

• TDR and Japan fan

Oh yes keio offers that that how we went to the resort well they took us all our luggage there bc we were staying then in the miracosta,
    btw keio plaza its a very nice hotel which i recommend

• Banned User

Keio is nice but still .. too far from TDR and the bus service timetable is something that can interfere with plans... since they operate that bus so infrequently thru the day, and is subject to traffic which in Tokyo... it can be troublesome most times.

I suggest you avoid Shijuku at all cost.

I did the opposite trip, as I stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay for a few days and then transferred to the Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku. I think I ended up taking my stuff on a bus to the Maihama station from the Hilton, and then taking the train from there to Shinjuku, and then taking the hotel bus from the Shinjuku station to the hotel.

The main advice I could give is to not take much luggage--I had a backpack, a small duffle bag and a wheeled carry-on, and I had a few moments where I thought I might actually rupture something lugging it all around. The train I took required me to transfer once or twice and occasionally I had to take everything up or down stairs with no elevator/escalator assistance.

Thanks so much for the advice guys.

I'm gonna stay in Shinjuku for the first part of my trip. Then when I move to Tokyo Disney, I'll take TDLFan's advice to take the train from Shinjuku to Maihama and then drop our bags off at the Welcome Center.

I doubt I'll hit the parks just yet.. but I'll probably just get a feel for the area and check out Ikspiari. Check out the entrances to the parks, get my monorail tickets, so forth.. Then on check out day, I'll take the Limousine Bus from the Hilton to Narita airport.

lonegungirl, I think I might just have one suitcase on wheels and maybe a backpack or a duffle.. I'm worried about hauling those in the train stations but I guess it's part of the adventure.

I arrive in Narita at about 6:30pm so my options are pretty limited to get to my hotel. The last limobus to my hotel is at 5 so I'll have to take the NEX to Shinjuku.

• Resident of the Caldera

easy: here's what you need to do if you have some large suitcases and want to save money. Arrange with your hotel in Shinjuku to take the Limousine bus to Narita airport. At Narita Airport, buy a ticket at the Limousine bus counter for the Hilton Tokyo Bay. I know the latter ticket costs about $24. Not sure how much the ticket from Shinjuku to Narita is, but the total shouldn't be more than $60 tops. Big savings off the taxi (whose price can increase the longer it sits in traffic).

I say to do this through Narita airport, however, since I've never been through the domestic airport (Haneda) and that might be a better choice for the plan. TDLFAN will be able to tell you that.

A long time ago, when I didn't have the money for a cab, and found that there is no easy way to get from LA out to Disneyland, I discovered that I could take the Super Shuttle to LAX, and then take a different Super Shuttle out to Disneyland. It took a little longer, but it saved a lot of money. And you if you have large suitcases, the Tokyo Subway can be difficult to negotiate.

• Banned User

I would take the JR Narita Express train if traveling from NRT airport to Shinjuku. I avoid busses.

I have thought of doing the shuttle-airport-shuttle-hotel thing in retrospect. The only thing is that you'd want to know when the last shuttle to Tokyo Disney leaves the airport--they tend to finish earlier than some of the other routes.

The first time I visited, I missed the last bus to Disney from the airport, and ended up taking a shuttle to the Brighton Hotel, then lugging my stuff upstairs and across the street to the train station, then trained to Maihama (where the welcome center had long since closed), then lugged it over and onto the monorail, then lugged it on the bus, and finally to the hotel. When those happy, unfailingly cordial bellpeople met me at the bus and took my luggage to the cart, I could have hugged them.

• Banned User

I am sure it was good cardio workout..

my opinion is, courier the luggage from hotel in shinjuku to the hotel in maihama. i used to do that when i move from tokyo city to maihama. the courier charge for one big luggage is below 2k Yen.