Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we talk food at TDR?

I know I want to hit Queen of Hearts in TDL for the theming... and I definitely wanna try a Gyoza Dog that I've heard so much about.. and some flavored popcorn..

But what else do you recommend at the Tokyo Disney Resort as far as both parks and Ikspiari without breaking the bank?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Can we talk food at TDR?

Cape Cod Cook - Off over at Tokyo Disney Sea has a nice character show ( Donald's Boat Builders ) The food is mainly Burgers and Fries, although quality is rather good. Other places at TDS that I recomend are New York Deli for sandwiches and Zambini brothers which offer good pizza. By the way food portions are smaller compare to western standards, so you may like to try the Sailing Day Buffet, which is all you can eat.

Regarding TDL, Queen of Hearts it very good, and I also enjoyed Grandma Sara's Kitchen in Critter Country.

I have never tried Table Service, but most people don't really rate it to highly for what you pay. Ikspiari is also supposed to have quite a few good Restaurants, according to locals.

Blog Entries

Are those Chinese food cart items (Sorry don't remember the name) that people will wait in line for an hour for really as good as I've heard or is just one of those Japanese idiosyncrasies?

• TDR and Japan fan

well i had alot of table service and let me tell u it was excellent i loved it, the queen of hearts its amazing, i liked their shrimp and i must tell u about every food its delicious there i didnt complain on anything.

• Resident of the Caldera

The Nautilus Galley, downstairs in Mysterious Island, serves great Gyoza (pork dumplings--we think of them as Japanese food; the Japanese think of them as Chinese food), and also Turkey legs. There's rarely a line even on busy days.

Also in Mysterious Island, the Vulcania restaurant does good Chinese food.

I would avoid Zambini Brothers--not very good. Much better quality is Ristorante di Canaletto for Italian.

There's also a pretty decent Italian restaurant on the 4th floor of Ikspiari. (As well as Imahan, a good Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki restaurant.)

Unlike some others, I very much like the Blue Bayou in Adventureland. And, like Malin, I like the Cape Cod Cookoff and enjoy watching the Donald's Boat Builders shows.

If you like Mexican or South American, there are two restaurants serving that style cuisine in the Lost River Delta area of DisneySea. In fact, I can't think of another theme park beside Epcot that offers so many different types of cuisine.

Whatever you do, don't order a hot dog and expect it to taste like a hot dog. It only looks like a hot dog.

• Minion

I really enjoyed the Yucatan Sausage Rolls. They are way tastier than the Gyoza Buns in my opinion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Zambini Bros at TDS is great for quick service italian fare. All sit down places at TDR are for the most part great but expect smaller portions than what you expect in the USA. But at TDS especially, the theming in those places is extraordinary.

My wife loves the mexican food at TDS!!! I'll put in another vote for Cape Cod Cookoff only if to watch both parts of the Donald Boatbuilder's Show.

Without breaking the bank...I liked Hokusai, which was not as expensive as I would have expected, for Japanese food in TDL. I also really like House brand curry, so I enjoyed the Country Bear restaurant--but you'd want to know in advance that you like Japanese curry, since that's almost all they have there. We thought the noodles in China Voyager in Adventureland were very respectable as well.

I was a little disappointed in Ikspiari for food, as there seemed to be relatively little Japanese food that wasn't (for me) sort of expensive. There was a place called the Noodle Bar in sort of a food court type of area that had pretty good udon for around $6, and a lot of people in our group ate multiple times at the Kamaaina Burger and thought that the portions were more in line with American portions.

I thought the mystery gyoza buns were ok, but I don't think I'd wait forever in line for them again. Then again, I'm not a huge bao person, anyway.

• Loves Mickey!

Since you are going when it gets cold you should keep in mind that they sell different kinds of soups at The Gazebo in TDL which is nice to drink while waiting for the castle show or parades. Like TDR_FAn said the Yucatan Sausage Rolls are really good and I agree better than the Gyoza Dogs. At TDS go to Magellans and enjoy a cocktail or dessert set that way you can enjoy the restaurant atmosphere without breaking the bank also the dessert set drink refills are free if I remember correctly.

It really depends on what you like though. Do you like sweets? At Ikspiari they have Angelina's (great milk tea in the winter and famous for montblancs) and Pierre Hermé Paris Salon de Thé (the man is a sweets genius!). Club Ikspiari is supposed to be very good and Roti's House has international award winning beer that they make on the premises (the sample set is not expensive at all, 1500 yen I think). It's Mono Cafe has these delicious roll breads in different flavors that are super cheap at 180 yen and the yaki soba one is only 150 yen (I recommend the Santa one right now!) Also at Ikspiari at the food court level is Gindako which has very yummy takoyaki!

For hotel dinning on the cheap try the same thing as Magellans and order the dessert set at Bellavista Lounge or Hyperion lounge which are about 1950 yen. Order a cocktail at Canna or the Dreamers Lounge at TDLH or try the sweets at Sherwood Garden Cafe. Something a little more expensive but that should be very nice is the afternoon tea set at Dreamers Lounge which is 3000 yen I think. There are only 15 of those a day though so get there quick at 2:30pm when it starts! (I'm going to try it this Sunday!)

As for popcorn try as many as possible! Here is a cheaper way to do it that the locals use. If you get the popcorn bucket you can get refills for 500 yen right? Well forget that! Save 200 yen by asking for a regular box refill instead.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. You named a lot! Not sure if I can eat that much.. or can I? Haha.. Will definitely give some of these a try.

The fun part is going to be figuring out how to order.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    Thanks so much for your suggestions. You named a lot! Not sure if I can eat that much.. or can I? Haha.. Will definitely give some of these a try.

The fun part is going to be figuring out how to order.
    My advice is to forget all our recomendations and discover the wide variety of food for yourself. The choice is endless and its easily my favourite Disney Resort to eat at.

Ordering food at the Resort is easy, all you need to do is call out in English what you wish to order, and the CastMembers will know straight away, and if he/she doesn't than you will be given a menu which you can point out what you wish to have, don't forget all signage is in both English and Japanese. It really is a very simple process.

Food in Tokyo Disney are great. I love Chinese dishes there.

• Banned User

China Voyayer in Adventureland is one of the best places and it is a conuter service location, and well themed.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Since you are going when it gets cold you should keep in mind that they sell different kinds of soups at The Gazebo in TDL which is nice to drink while waiting for the castle show or parades. Like TDR_FAn said the Yucatan Sausage Rolls are really good and I agree better than the Gyoza Dogs. At TDS go to Magellans and enjoy a cocktail or dessert set that way you can enjoy the restaurant atmosphere without breaking the bank also the dessert set drink refills are free if I remember correctly.

It really depends on what you like though. Do you like sweets? At Ikspiari they have Angelina's (great milk tea in the winter and famous for montblancs) and Pierre Hermé Paris Salon de Thé (the man is a sweets genius!). Club Ikspiari is supposed to be very good and Roti's House has international award winning beer that they make on the premises (the sample set is not expensive at all, 1500 yen I think). It's Mono Cafe has these delicious roll breads in different flavors that are super cheap at 180 yen and the yaki soba one is only 150 yen (I recommend the Santa one right now!) Also at Ikspiari at the food court level is Gindako which has very yummy takoyaki!

For hotel dinning on the cheap try the same thing as Magellans and order the dessert set at Bellavista Lounge or Hyperion lounge which are about 1950 yen. Order a cocktail at Canna or the Dreamers Lounge at TDLH or try the sweets at Sherwood Garden Cafe. Something a little more expensive but that should be very nice is the afternoon tea set at Dreamers Lounge which is 3000 yen I think. There are only 15 of those a day though so get there quick at 2:30pm when it starts! (I'm going to try it this Sunday!)

As for popcorn try as many as possible! Here is a cheaper way to do it that the locals use. If you get the popcorn bucket you can get refills for 500 yen right? Well forget that! Save 200 yen by asking for a regular box refill instead.
    I can't believe I missed this.. If you look, we actually posted at the same time. Thanks for the popcorn suggestion!

I want to try all these places but if I did, I would miss most of the attractions and shows and TDLFan will have my head.

But again thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let you know how I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast