• Loves Mickey!

Valentine Nights 2009

Tickets for Valentine Nights 2009 go on sale December 15th! We really loved this event last time and are really looking forward to it again! There are not many details on the website yet but here the dates will be 2/1, 2/6-7, 2/8-9, 2/11, 2/13, 2/14-15. The show is 35 minutes long and you can choose from two show times. The ticket to go from park opening is going to be 7,500 yen and from 5pm it's 5,000 yen.

This years website
    Valentine Nights 2009

Last years website
    Valentine Nights 2008

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Valentine Nights 2009

Thanks for posting. I didn't see an english button and I can't read japanese. What do they offer or do for Valentines day?

Since I can't read it either, is this a ticketed event where the park closes to regular guests on those nights?

• Loves Mickey!

It's a ticketed event but guests are not kicked out of the park for the event. There isn't a lot of details for this year yet but last you you received sparkling wine, a souvenir, a cell phone background, and something else I think. Last year they only offered the after 5pm ticket so it's nice they offered a ticket for people to come from the beginning of the day this year.

The show from last year was very nice and took place at the Broadway Theater. It had a full orchestra and a show as well as reading personal messages that you could send by mail and were chosen to be read out. This is in addition to the Season of the Heart event going on so even if you don't buy a ticket you can enjoy the event as usual.

• Adventures with Duffy

Thank you ichigopara. Sounds like a fun event. Its sweet they do something for V-day. Since we just got back for TDR, I hope they keep doing this for years to come. I already told my husband, I want to go back for V-day. lol I love to go to all the events.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    There isn't a lot of details for this year yet but last you you received sparkling wine, a souvenir, a cell phone background, and something else I think.
    Didn't they give out special moulded Valentines Chocolates featuring the various Disney "couples" at TDS? I remember some kind of event where that happened that made me scratch my head as to how one would go about keeping those without resorting to freezing them.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Thank you ichigopara. Sounds like a fun event. Its sweet they do something for V-day. Since we just got back for TDR, I hope they keep doing this for years to come. I already told my husband, I want to go back for V-day. lol I love to go to all the events.
    TDL and TDS had always done something special for couple on V-day and also for White day in March (like the "Season of the Heart" event at TDS), but I have to admit that charging extra for stuff like this is not one of my favorite things for them to do. It's too WDW-like. Taking people's money for something little in return... like this past year's Countdown Parade nights.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    TDL and TDS had always done something special for couple on V-day and also for White day in March (like the "Season of the Heart" event at TDS), but I have to admit that charging extra for stuff like this is not one of my favorite things for them to do. It's too WDW-like. Taking people's money for something little in return... like this past year's Countdown Parade nights.
    I see your point about not liking the extra charge. For me the difference between this and what WDW does is that guests who choose not to buy the ticket are not punished for it. They can still go and enjoy their entire time at the park and all the shows and decorations that go along with the event. At WDW it has a very nasty feeling they way they do it especially when they kick out people and put up decorations as people are leaving. It also gives them an excuse to not do anything for people who do not want to pay extra to enjoy what is done for normal admission at the other parks at WDW.The TDS event is also for adults vs kids like the events at WDW are.

This special event takes place during a slow period not a super packed time like Christmas or Halloween. On top of that it gives couples who want to enjoy a romantic date night at TDS the opportunity to do something special for a comparatively low price compared to going to an event like a concert or show outside the park. For 1,900 yen more than an after 6 you get to play and extra hour and get to see a show with reserved seating as well as enjoying the park. If you go from opening it's only 1,700 yen more. If it's like last year you also get sparkling wine and souvenirs so it's very nice and gives people incentive to go to TDS versus another date spot in the city.

• Adventures with Duffy

I agree, I don't like the extra charges, but Im use to it due to DL. They charge extra for everything. lol That is nice of TDR, not to kick guest out when there is something else that is going on. DLR, kicks guest out and that makes the other park way more crowed, which is fine if people get kicked out of DL into DCA, but the other way around, forget about it, its a mad house.

Anyhow, thanks for telling me about White Day. I really enjoyed TDR and do think its the best Disney resort.