Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New planning website in English

Hi all

I came across this interesting new vacation planner on the Tokyo disney website the other day while roaming around. Apparently it went live on the 18th.

Tokyo Disney Resort: Vacation Maker: User's Guide

This is in English and allows you to see availability of hotels, as well as restaurant reservations and shows within the parks.

We used our DVC points for our upcoming stay at Miracosta, but it was nice to check what shows might be available for the few days we're there.

Enjoy!

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: New planning website in English

nice. this will make booking my trip for next year a whole lot easier.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• MiceChat Travel Partner

What a great find! Thanks for sharing
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This website is great and I am very happy to see your now available to purchase tickets and book reservations online for the Resort outside of Japan. Also the Zed website has set up a E-Mail Address where you can enquire about buying tickets. I am sure anyone who has ever phoned up the international number in the past, will be very happy there can now book tickets, reservations online.

With my trip to China falling though, its got me considering a trip.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Checked out the website and found that there are some limitations. You can only plan from now through June and the max amount of nights avail to reserve is 5. Bed planning is weird but everything seems fairly detailed. Very cool that everything is in English! Many times have I played around on the vacation planning site and not understood anything... I would guess and click.

I think for a big vacation like TDL, I would go through a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations. Or join DVC.

Thanks for the link!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

the Tokyo resort seems to do things six months in advance on most aspects of planning.

we made our reservation for miracosta through DVC and it was six months ahead. Waiting for that date I could call to reserve the room was pretty nerve-wracking to say the least.

A question for some of you veterans of the resorts:
    If we're staying at Miracosta, should we buy tickets ahead of time? Or does the resort have a set number of passes to provide to guests?

We were planning on just getting our tickets when we arrive early in the morning to check in at the welcome center so I'm hoping that will work ok.
    Thoughts?

• TDR and Japan fan

when we stayed at the miracosta they told us our tickets are reserved and even if its full they say u will have your tickets anyways

• Resident of the Caldera

At_ease, by far the easiest thing is to buy your tickets at your hotel. You will be able to select exactly what you want with no hassle or problem. There is no limit to the number of tickets for hotel guests.

Blog Entries

How hard is it for an English only speaking person to get around and do things in the TDR? Are there plenty of people who speak English to assist you with things or are you going to have to figure out some way to translate?

• Just another Disney fan..

At TDR it isn't that hard if you don't speak English. Pretty much everything is bilingual, from the Guide Maps and Show Schedules (you have to ask for English at Guest Relations), to the attraction signs, restaurants and menues, etc.

There are not many English speaking CMs, but that isn't an issue. If you really have something that requires English translation, they will find someone who can speak English. For typical questions like directions for instance, pointing to maps and gesturing is usually all it takes to get the excellent CMs to provide you the information you are seeking.

• Banned User

I speak no japanese and most CMs at TDR speak no english.. yet! they always seem to provide me with the best customer service and respect I have ever recieved at a Disney park.

• Resident of the Caldera

You will encounter few problems with language. Just don't get freaked out if you're not immediately understood. Be patient and speak slowly. Words like "toilet" are understood with no problem. Rely more on the visual than on language.

• You have much to learn...

I'm looking forward to trying out this site for next year.

As for the language barrier- I haven't had any problems at all- even if many do not speak english & yes, the guest service is unquestionably the best in TDR.

When visiting the parks, I think that I actually listen and understand all of the Japanese instructions and procedures more than the average daily visitor does!

The cast will do their best to help you in any way they can, even if they don't understand a word you are saying

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    The cast will do their best to help you in any way they can, even if they don't understand a word you are saying
    Correct! Many times, I have had CMs come up to me and specifically give me a briefing in their best english skills possible. They are the most professional CMs out there. Try to have a Kissimmee CM at WDW do the same for japanese guests sitting on Main Street WDW for the parade amidts a sea of american tourists.

Not sure if it is a limitation in the system, but I didn't find any partial view rooms at MiraCosta, even when searching on dates in 6 month.

Also, I would prefer to filter the available rooms by hotel, that would make things even more comfortable.

As it was mentioned before, there is no need to book tickets ahead of time if you stay at a Disney Resort. You will be able to buy the tickets at the Welcome Center when you check in in the morning.

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast