• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

All booked for another trip to Tokyo, Japan

Well I had planned to visit China on a tour, but unfortunately the company kept changing the dates, so I ended up canceling and with Airfare from the UK to Japan so cheap at the moment, with flights 310 each way, I've decided to book a return in May next year arriving the 13th of May for 7 nights.

Looking forward to checking out Monsters Inc and the new Jubilation Parade. Out of interest anyone know of any special events planned for May, and how the weather and crowds are?

Also has anyone seen Zed and is it worth e-mailing the boxoffice to book tickets?

• Banned User

Re: All booked for another trip to Tokyo, Japan

So, that means you can only afford TDR when it's "cheap" to fly there? I thought you argued with me that you could afford to fly to Japan at any time. I guess that is not the case then.

As for the info requested... it's nothing that you do not already know. Avoid the first week in May as it is Golden week holidays. The weather should be cool and comfortable. There should be a Monsters Inc special event going on, which I reported on back in the days when you were an LP baby exclusive. And as for Zed, I have not seen it but many report it to be quite spectacular and much better produced than over rated La Nouba.

• Loves Mickey!

Zed is great! We saw it at the beginning and end of previews and really enjoyed it and would see it again. If you go be sure to take advantage of the Ikspiari shopping promotion they are doing when you buy tickets.

The website has been updated too
    ??????????? ???????ZED?????????????

**Almost forgot to add that people are saying that the lottery system that was tested for One Man's Dream will be used in shows at both TDS and TDL at some point. It's a rumor so I don't know for sure if it will happen or when but you might want to keep that in the back of your mind when planning.
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 12-13-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Malin--not to derail your original post, but back sometime you had talked about going to Osaka to check out Universal Studios there. Did you ever do that? I'm gonna be at TDR May 11th-19th and was thinking about heading there for a day or so. Did you go?

• Lost in Wonderland

The pixies are heading to Tokyo DisneySea for a few months, which will probably be around the time of your visit.

• You have much to learn...

I saw Zed as well and really liked it! I actually just saw La Nouba in WDW last week and didn't like it at all and was very bored during most of it- but that is not the case with Zed.

About ordering tickets- we did send an email to the Zed site since the ticket ordering isn't in english online. They were extremely helpful and got us great seats and told us they would hold the tickets at the box office. When we got there-at first, they didn't understand what we wanted, but then one girl ran in the back, came out with 2 tickets, and handed them to us-the strange part of it was, we never gave our name, showed ID or even gave a credit card to validate it- but they were our tickets with the same seat assignments they had emailed us.

We had been charged when we ordered them, but must have been the only 2 tickets being held there. We were joking about it later on-about just how they must have been holding these tickets for over a month and were happy to get rid of them.

From what I understand, and Ichigoparra said to me- that ticket prices are too high and don't believe they are selling very well- but we had a fairly full theater. I assume most people just go to the box office and purchase their tickets, or order online and have them sent- rather than ordering and picking them up.

I would suggest emailing them to order since I'm sure early May will be much busier than when we went in November.

One last thing- I hope you do see Jubilation, but I wonder if that may end in April after the 25th closes.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I saw Zed as well and really liked it! I actually just saw La Nouba in WDW last week and didn't like it at all and was very bored during most of it- but that is not the case with Zed.

About ordering tickets- we did send an email to the Zed site since the ticket ordering isn't in english online. They were extremely helpful and got us great seats and told us they would hold the tickets at the box office. When we got there-at first, they didn't understand what we wanted, but then one girl ran in the back, came out with 2 tickets, and handed them to us-the strange part of it was, we never gave our name, showed ID or even gave a credit card to validate it- but they were our tickets with the same seat assignments they had emailed us.

We had been charged when we ordered them, but must have been the only 2 tickets being held there. We were joking about it later on-about just how they must have been holding these tickets for over a month and were happy to get rid of them.

From what I understand, and Ichigoparra said to me- that ticket prices are too high and don't believe they are selling very well- but we had a fairly full theater. I assume most people just go to the box office and purchase their tickets, or order online and have them sent- rather than ordering and picking them up.

I would suggest emailing them to order since I'm sure early May will be much busier than when we went in November.

One last thing- I hope you do see Jubilation, but I wonder if that may end in April after the 25th closes.
    Zed is doing well and they have done a lot to promote it on tv and in magazines but I do hear the ticket prices are a bit too high from people who have gone to see it and from friends considering going. The show in Macau on the other hand is not doing well at all and the other show they were considering for that city probably will not go through. Jubilation is definitely not ending after the anniversary but still nice to catch anyways!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So, that means you can only afford TDR when it's "cheap" to fly there? I thought you argued with me that you could afford to fly to Japan at any time. I guess that is not the case then.
    As I have on previous trips paid a lot more for airfare to Tokyo, I really do not see where you get the impression I can't afford flights to Tokyo, unless cheap. Obviously prices at the moment are good, and I feel I shouldn't waste the opportunity, as oil isn't going to sit at current prices for long.

There should be a Monsters Inc special event going on
    Sounds good to me, Monsters Inc is a big reason for my return and it will be nice to see a different event at TDL, as previous trips have been during Halloween. I take it TDS will continue its Annual Spring Carnival.

Zed is great! We saw it at the beginning and end of previews and really enjoyed it and would see it again.
    Happy to see you liked it so much ichigopara, I have to admit Cirque Du Soleil shows are usually very good.

Malin--not to derail your original post, but back sometime you had talked about going to Osaka to check out Universal Studios there. Did you ever do that? I'm gonna be at TDR May 11th-19th and was thinking about heading there for a day or so. Did you go?
    I did consider it but in the end decided against it. You have so much else to do in Tokyo alone, that a train journey to Osaka seems like time wasted. My plan is to visit one day, but I would combine it with a trip to Kyoto. But that is a long time away as I first plan to visit both Universal Studios in Singapore or Dubai first.

The pixies are heading to Tokyo DisneySea for a few months, which will probably be around the time of your visit.
    Sounds like quite a few MiceChatters will be at the Resort around the same time, TDR has been warned.

Already on to that and I'm currently awaiting a reply. I caught La Nouba myself just recently and I did enjoy it, but feel it needs changing. How were the crowds, I watched it on a Fri night and the venue was half empty.

Zed is doing well and they have done a lot to promote it on tv and in magazines but I do hear the ticket prices are a bit too high from people who have gone to see it and from friends considering going. The show in Macau on the other hand is not doing well at all and the other show they were considering for that city probably will not go through. Jubilation is definitely not ending after the anniversary but still nice to catch anyways!
    From the qoutes I have seen online, I felt there were within what you should be expected to pay for a show like this, especially in a big city like Tokyo.

Shame to read about the Macau show not doing to well, but I think the show needs time. A lot of Chinese tourist turn up with intentions to only gamble, so the concept of visiting a theme resort with shops, restaurants and shows is going to take time to grow on people. Hopely with more time people will see pass the gambling and take full advantage of what else Macau has to offer.

Jubilation is a big reason why I'm coming back, but I wonder what changes will be made once the 25th ends in regards to the mini showmode. By the way thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Allow me to derail.. It takes about 3 hrs on the faster shinkansen (bullet train) to get to Shin-Osaka Station, from Tokyo Station. The Universal Studios Japan park is an upgraded copy of the Universal Studios Florida park, and basically combines the best rides from Universal's Studios FL and Hollywood and also elements from IOA. The theming is great and features several unique attractions to this park alone. My feeling is.. if you are a Universal Studios fan, you will enjoy visiting USJ, and you should. Frankly, I think it is ther best of the three studios Universal has built in terms of theming and attraction roster.
    Highlights at this park..
    -A short version of Wicked- the musical.
    -Sesame Street 4D
    -Animation Studios feat. the Peanuts characters.
    -Most popular shows and rides form FL and CA are here as well... including Spiderman.
    -Hollywood Dream Coaster.
    -Peter Pan's Neverland show on the lagoon.
    ..and an extensive menu of food offerings and unique merchandise feat. Sesame Street, Charlie Brown, Hello Kitty, Woody Woodpecker and many other characters populating this park.
    Also, just like TDL, USJ also features special events through the year...for Xmas, halloween and oher celebrations.. Their Xmas tree is the largest and most technically advanced of any Xmas tree ever displayed in a theme park...so for that alone, I recommend visiting in mid november or early december.
    Any more info on this? drop me a note.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post

We had been charged when we ordered them, but must have been the only 2 tickets being held there.
    Oh, that's easy. Your two tickets were the only ones pinned on the Will Call bulletin board for that day with a Post-It on them that said "gaijin." Not too hard to figure out which ones are yours!