Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Welcome to Micechat and the TDR forums! You are going to the best disney resort on Earth!

  2. #17

    • Central Florida
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    151

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Hello LeeLee and welcome to MiceChat!

    You are planning a trip to my favorite parks in the world. However, it is an experience that requires a lot of planning for several reasons. The parks have a very different flow than than I was used to. People queue up for Fastpass (and they run out early at the top rides). You've really got to research which restaurants serve food you might be interested in. Plan for crowds. I've never seen so many people in a park as I experienced at Tokyo Disneyland. Nor have I seen so many people waiting at the gates for a park to open. It was a literal sea of people. But everyone was so nice and polite. There are many coultural differences which it can help if you understand in advance.

    Thanks Dusty!

    Between Micechat, and the scattering of trip reports I'm locating all over the internet, I'm learning a lot about the unique aspects of visiting TDR. I actually have a loose schedule that I'm setting up that lists park hours, show and parade times, refurbs, food options, etc. Plus, it will list when we need to leave the hotel, ideal times for eating to avoid crowds, which rides to run to first thing in the morning, etc. I don't want to plan out our whole day, but want to be prepared for all those things you mentioned so we can make the most of our visit.

    I have read several reports where people didn't plan for the crowds, or weather, and then had a day that wasn't as good as expected because they couldn't ride certain rides, or got too cold or too hot. We're going to do everything in our power to avoid those types of things.

    I will post a report with photos when I return. I'll let you all know if all the notes work for us, and if I learn anything new to help others with their trip planning.
    WDW Annual Passholders

    Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

  3. #18

    • Central Florida
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    151

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    Welcome to Micechat and the TDR forums! You are going to the best disney resort on Earth!
    Thanks, kustomboy! It certainly does look like the best one! I can't wait to find out for myself. We leave in 108 days!!!!!!!!!
    WDW Annual Passholders

    Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
    Thanks Dusty!

    Between Micechat, and the scattering of trip reports I'm locating all over the internet, I'm learning a lot about the unique aspects of visiting TDR. I actually have a loose schedule that I'm setting up that lists park hours, show and parade times, refurbs, food options, etc. Plus, it will list when we need to leave the hotel, ideal times for eating to avoid crowds, which rides to run to first thing in the morning, etc. I don't want to plan out our whole day, but want to be prepared for all those things you mentioned so we can make the most of our visit.

    I have read several reports where people didn't plan for the crowds, or weather, and then had a day that wasn't as good as expected because they couldn't ride certain rides, or got too cold or too hot. We're going to do everything in our power to avoid those types of things.

    I will post a report with photos when I return. I'll let you all know if all the notes work for us, and if I learn anything new to help others with their trip planning.
    May I recommend Kevin Yee's Tokyo Disney Made easy book? It's full of information to make your first time visit enjoyable. Trust me..in regards to TDR, you can do all the planning in the world but if you do not arrive there at least an hour before opening times and start the Fastpass game from early on... you will be overwhelmed anyways. There is simply so much to do at these two parks in Tokyo! I hope you have at least 4 days to play there, so you can take it easy, and enjoy as much as possible.
    BTW.. I noticed you are in Central FL. What a coincidence.. so am I!

  5. #20

    • Central Florida
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    151

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    May I recommend Kevin Yee's Tokyo Disney Made easy book? It's full of information to make your first time visit enjoyable. Trust me..in regards to TDR, you can do all the planning in the world but if you do not arrive there at least an hour before opening times and start the Fastpass game from early on... you will be overwhelmed anyways. There is simply so much to do at these two parks in Tokyo! I hope you have at least 4 days to play there, so you can take it easy, and enjoy as much as possible.
    BTW.. I noticed you are in Central FL. What a coincidence.. so am I!
    We definitely plan on getting there an hour before opening, but that will be an effort on our parts as we both love to sleep in. We plan to wake up early on our first day in Japan and will try to keep that early routine so it'll be easier for us on our TDR portion of the trip.

    We will spend a half day exploring the hotels and Ikspiari, then we have 2 days at TDL and 2 days at TDS. We're going in mid-April on weekdays, so we hope the crowd levels will be reasonable.

    Yep, we're in Central Florida! Less than an hour door to gate from WDW. We were just there on Friday. EPCOT was a lot emptier than we expected for the day after Christmas, but MK was jam packed.
    WDW Annual Passholders

    Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    I am only 15 mins away from the arch on I-4, and were there two days ago on the 27th. MK was crowded but not horrible like in previous years. May go there tonight for the "Fantasy in the Sky" midnight show.

  7. #22

    • Central Florida
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    151

    Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am only 15 mins away from the arch on I-4, and were there two days ago on the 27th. MK was crowded but not horrible like in previous years. May go there tonight for the "Fantasy in the Sky" midnight show.
    Lucky! We really can't move any closer as we need to be near our jobs, but we can't complain as we're closer than most. We probably won't be back for another couple of weeks - we've got a lot of stuff to get done in the next few days. But, we've got a weekend stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge in January (passholder discount, YAY!) for the husband's birthday coming up.

    So, they are doing the "Fantasy in the Sky" NYE show tonight? Cool! We usually go on July 3rd for the ID fireworks show. Almost the same show, and fewer crowds! Sometimes we watch from the Contemporary...
    WDW Annual Passholders

    Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] late April / May visit?
    By Werner in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
  2. 2 Mainland Chinese Astronauts planned to visit HKDL
    By PennysBayChronicle in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 03:25 AM
  3. Early April Visit Pointers PLEASE
    By JangoFett in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •