Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Central Florida

First Visit to TDR Planned - April

Hello everyone! I was directed here by some people on the Disboards, since they don't have a Tokyo Disney forum. My DH and I just bought our plane tickets on Friday and we have our hotel booked as well. We're going to Japan in April and spending 4 days at TDR, plus a few days each sightseeing in Tokyo and Kyoto. I'm reading all the posts and taking notes so we can maximize our time in the parks. I'm sure I'll have questions as the trip draws closer, but for now, I just wanted to say hello!
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

Welcome. I've spent the last couple of months planning my return trip there for mid May. So when the questions come up--go ahead and ask. There's a lot of seasoned TDR folks here.

• Central Florida

Smile Re: First Visit to TDR Planned - April

Thanks!!!
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Loves Mickey!

Hi! In your signature it says Palm and Fountain Terrace, will you be staying in one of those hotels? They are in my neighborhood so if you have any questions on the area let me know. Hope you have fun on your trip!

• Central Florida

Yes, we already have reservations at the Fountain Terrace for part of our stay in Japan. We are still throwing around the idea of staying at one of the Disney resorts, or one of the official hotels nearby for a couple of nights, but at double the cost of the P&FT, we may just stick with the Fountain Terrace for the entire Disney part of our trip.

Any opinion about that particular hotel? Are there any convenience stores or inexpensive restaurants in the neighborhood (besides what is in the hotel)? Based on traffic, is the free bus transportation usually the easiest, quickest way to get from the hotel to Disney?
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Banned User

DisBoards have no TDR forums there??? No Disney fan site should be without a forum about the very best Disney resort ever built and oparated!!

Anyways.. LeeLee, welcome to the best Disney Fan site on Earth and start firing away questions... because TDR is a totally different monster to tackle when you visit. There is lots of specific info you must know before you go on your first visit there.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
    Yes, we already have reservations at the Fountain Terrace for part of our stay in Japan. We are still throwing around the idea of staying at one of the Disney resorts, or one of the official hotels nearby for a couple of nights, but at double the cost of the P&FT, we may just stick with the Fountain Terrace for the entire Disney part of our trip.

Any opinion about that particular hotel? Are there any convenience stores or inexpensive restaurants in the neighborhood (besides what is in the hotel)? Based on traffic, is the free bus transportation usually the easiest, quickest way to get from the hotel to Disney?
    I've never stayed at the hotel so I can't give my opinion on the rooms but the location is not bad. It's by the bay and there are many restaurants nearby if you walk out the hotel and straight down the main road including Hawaiian, Spanish, Chinese, Tonkatsu, Sushi, Korean Barbque and a very nice bakery. (Some of these are closed Tuesday though) You are also fairly close to the Itoyokado which has a grocery store and K's denki a very large electronics store. The hotel has a Lawson but there is a 7-11 about 10 minutes by foot next to the Itoyokado and if you take a left from your hotel and follow the road there is a Family Mart also about 10 minutes away next to the Mitsui Garden Hotel (which has a Natural Lawson) as well as some more restaurants.

For your hotel definitely the free bus will be the fastest and easiest option. Make sure you have the bus schedule so that you can get on the bus as soon as it gets there and you don't have to wait around.

• Lost in Wonderland

The Ito Yokado is a large store (or miniature mall) and also has a McDonalds, KFC, a Japanese fast-food place (serves takoyaki and similar stuff), and a bakery. On the upper floors they have clothing and other goods (some toys, stationery, 100-yen store). You can take a regular bus a few stops from the hotel to get to the Ito. (Just take a bus headed to Shin-Urayasu Station.) There is also a Jonathan's (family restaurant), on the right side, before the Emion Hotel (about mid way to the station). If you head all the way to the Shin-Urayasu Station, there's a Saizeriya (Italian family restaurant), lots of women's fashion stores, a few bakeries, a gelato place, a crepe place, Starbucks, another McDonalds, a 300yen store (3-coin), and more restaurants.

Whenever I was walking to the Shin Urayasu train station, I'd always see so many of those Tokyo Disney Resort buses shuttling hotel guests to and from the resort. They looked so convenient.

• Central Florida

Thank you so much for the detailed information, ichigopara and Moving Sidewalk! I definitely feel better about our choice of hotel and location, and I'm sure the information on restaurants and stores will come in handy.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    DisBoards have no TDR forums there??? No Disney fan site should be without a forum about the very best Disney resort ever built and oparated!!

Anyways.. LeeLee, welcome to the best Disney Fan site on Earth and start firing away questions... because TDR is a totally different monster to tackle when you visit. There is lots of specific info you must know before you go on your first visit there.
    TDLFAN - No, the Disboards do not have a TDR forum. I sent a email request, and also posted a request for a forum, but one of the moderators said that there is not enough interest and sent me to Micechat. I think that there would be interest if they actually created a forum. But, whatever...they won't add one, so I am here now!

My planning will gear up after the holidays and I'm certain I will have questions then. I'm going to be creating some notecards to carry with me in my daypack with all the tips and hints I gather. We definitely want to maximize our time at the parks and avoid being frazzled or rushed if possible.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Resident of the Caldera

You can book at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in April for about $230 a night--much closer and on the Resort Liner (monorail) line.

• Central Florida

Thanks, Fukai. I just checked out the hotel, and it looks like the best I can get for the dates we need is $258 a night. The only problem is that the rate is pay in full in advance, and we don't have the cash right now. We're paying off our flights this month, and then saving up the rest of what we need between now and April.

If we just book the Hilton to pay when we get there, it's $287 a night. So, at this point, we're going to stick with the Palm & Fountain Terrace - that extra $700 we save will buy a lot of popcorn and souvenirs! But, if our $$ situation improves, I will definitely consider booking that Hilton. It looks very nice. (Or the Miracosta...a girl can dream, right?)
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• You have much to learn...

Have a great time & let me know when you get back how you liked the Hotel you are staying in. I've always stayed at the Hilton, but you're right about how pricey it can be. I'm going to look into other options for future visits, but staying at any of the hotels near the resort liner is perfect for getting to and from the parks.

You probably know the usual- get to the parks possibly 1/2 an hour before opening, get fast passes for popular rides like Pooh in TDL and Tower of Terror in TDS asap since they run out within a few hours- otherwise try riding Pooh right around parade time since about 1/2 of the park is waiting for the parade for hours.

Any other questions-please feel free to ask- this site has some great members and are very knowledgeable.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Hello LeeLee and welcome to MiceChat!

You are planning a trip to my favorite parks in the world. However, it is an experience that requires a lot of planning for several reasons. The parks have a very different flow than than I was used to. People queue up for Fastpass (and they run out early at the top rides). You've really got to research which restaurants serve food you might be interested in. Plan for crowds. I've never seen so many people in a park as I experienced at Tokyo Disneyland. Nor have I seen so many people waiting at the gates for a park to open. It was a literal sea of people. But everyone was so nice and polite. There are many coultural differences which it can help if you understand in advance.

Tokyo Disneyland was an experience that I won't forget. In fact, I'd like to journey back this year.

Take care and thank you for joining our community. We love seeing new folks and look forward to assisting you as you plan your trip!

Cheers and best regards,

-Dusty
    MiceChat Administrator
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Very good advise Dusty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast