Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When's the best time for a spring/early summer trip?

So, I just took my first visit last weekend, and it was great. I saw almost everything at both parks once, but want to see the couple of things I missed and repeat quite a few things I didn't. So, now I'm planning a second trip. And I know that I want to go after Monsters, Inc. opens in mid-April. And from then, I will have until about till the end of June before I leave Japan (I'm in school here for a year, luckily for me and being able to visit TDR). So anyways, I'm just wondering if any more experienced TDR travelers can tell me when is the slowest time from mid-April to late June, and if you can tell me how they compare to Mid-December crowds that would be great, too. Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: When's the best time for a spring/early summer trip?

Avoid early may as that is Golden Week holidays. I would say most of the month of June is Ok. The parks may be a bit crowded but not packed. However, keep in mind that is also rainy season, soplan accordingly.

Thank you! I could work with rain, that's how I had a relatively uncrowded day at TDL on Sunday (if only it hadn't also been freezing). I even got walk up perfect parade viewing (Jubilations right out of CBJ, it had stopped raining by the time I got out, luckily; and Electrical Parade right off of Peter Pan; it was great).

Oh, also, can you tell me when the CBJ shows switch over? Thanks again!

• Resident of the Caldera

Go in the third week of April.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Go in the third week of April.
    However, with a new ride opening the 2nd week of april, it may be a bit crowded as well.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "sometime around Spring or Early Summer"???

• Resident of the Caldera

Yes, but it won't be as croweded as Golden Week!

• keh!

i went this past june, first week of june on a weekday. and i must say, the crowds were great. there were a lot of people in the park, but the lines were so short! the longest i waited was 25 min. for the tower of terror, but other rides like indiana jones and journey to the center of the earth were 15 min. or less. we had the nice bay breeze too, so it wasn't hot at all.

I'm also planning to go there during early summer next year I haven't been to TDR for a loooooong time, so I'm also a bit worried about handling the crowds. The last time I went to TDL was Christmas 8 years ago, and 3 for TDS during August. Coupled with poor planning, we only did a few attractions (besides going around the shops) and I've always regretted since for not being able to do any (yes, none) of the popular rides both times.

• Banned User

Hikarii, the trick to that is getting to the parks early and enter as soon as the gates open. Head for attractions with Fastpass and start taking advantage of that from early on. As soon as the blockout window for a fastpass is over, you must get another one for any major ride you have not done. This will garranty you will see most every E-ticket and popular ride throughout the day, even when the parks are very busy. This coming summer, the most popular ride will be Monsters Inc as it will be new, and HUnny Hunt remains quite popular after all these years. Likewise for Astroblaster and over at TDS... TOT.

I'm been experimenting the above stradegy in HKDL yesterday and this morning. My parents and I just kept going through Space Mountain in mostly every blockout window. I hope what we've done would be good enough for TDR. Oh, I'd just like to take this opportunity to ask about TDR's version of Space Mountain. Would it be worth queueing for the TDR one, given I've been on the HKDL's one for a zillion times? Likewise for any duplicate rides, like Buzz Lightyear, etc? (Execpt Hunny Hunt of course XD)

• Banned User

Ok.. you should know.. TDR is not like HKDL. At HKDL, you do not need to be at the gate one hour before opening time. In fact, I have arrived at HKDL at 1pm and still have been able to see a lot of what the park has to offer. So, whatever you learn from your HKDL experience, throw it out because it will not apply to TDR.. unless, you visit TDR in a very slow time like mid January. At TDL alone, there is so much more to see and do, you will not have enough time in the day to do it all...so you pretty much have to be moving all day long from opening time until closing. These two parks are as different as day and night.

how is July for the TDR.

• Banned User

July sees a bit of crowds... and there is a chance the weather can be a bit hot and it may rain on some days. Usually the early part of July sees the Star Festival event, so those days may be a bit crowded. But summer really begins in August.. very hot and crowded at the parks daily.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    July sees a bit of crowds... and there is a chance the weather can be a bit hot and it may rain on some days. Usually the early part of July sees the Star Festival event, so those days may be a bit crowded. But summer really begins in August.. very hot and crowded at the parks daily.
    when would you go if you had 3 days and you wanted to make sure that every major attraction is opened?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast