• Central Florida

Disney Toys and Souvenirs

Besides in the Disney parks, are there any other places in Tokyo that my husband and I might find interesting and unique Disney souvenirs. We've seen video of those Disney tappers. We're looking for things like that to bring home. Are there specific toy stores in the city that carry lots of Disney stuff, or maybe a store in Ikspiari?

Thanks.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Banned User

Re: Disney Toys and Souvenirs

The merchandise at TDR is very unique and only found in the resort. So unique in fact that even the Disney Store in Ikspiari does NOT carry TDR related goods. However, be abdvised that the merchandise at the resort is very much geared to the japanese audience and the foreign visitors may have a hard time finding items that would make good gifts or even clothing that would fit due to sizes being done in small japanese measurements. Finding a tee that reads TDL or TDS is harder to find at times. Many of the merchandise is seasonal or tied to any specific event happening at the parks. Still, within the parks, you will find a lot of gift options as I believe TDR to have the most varied selection of goods, but not necesarily merchandise that has the TDR logo on it. You have to search among the millions of gifts available. Much of it is really nice quality souvenirs, food items, clothing, cellphone straps, plushes, stationary items.. and lots of curio items.. but TDR does the best quality for these items I think. You will find yourself going.. "thats so cute! that's so cute" all of the time.
    The TDR hotels also have unique hotel-related gifts so check the hotel gift shops too, in addition to Bon Voyage, which is TDR's answer to World of Disney. When visiting TDSea, take your time and roam some of the less obvious stores in the park. They sell very unique stuff. Likewise at TDL, which have some of the most interesting shops in World Bazaar, like their retro toy store, Home store and other unique clothing stores.

In the city, there are tons of Disney Stores that have unique line of merchandise unique to Japan. There is one on TDR at Ikspiari, and nearby locations in Odaiba and Minami-Funabashi. However, if there is one Disney store you should see.. it's the one in Shibuya. 3 stories of wonderfully themed areas.

There are other toy stores in Tokyo as well.. most notably, Toy Park in Ginza, Kiddy Land stores, D-Form, and many stores in Akihabara (known for electronic stores) also carry lots of Disney merchandise and collectibles. Bic Camera megastores is one such example. When you arrive in Japan, pick up the latest Yokoso Japan guide for foreign tourists at the tourism office at the airport. It has great information and nice maps to make your life easier while in Tokyo.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 01-01-2009 at 10:46 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I agree TDR has the BEST merchandise. I love the uniqueness of it all. I covet the plushies and other items I own... especially the ones from the 90's like my TDL 15th anniversary Jester Mickey plushie.

Love TDR stuff! I have found it easier to get TDR/TDL/TDS branded shirts and sweatshirts compared to my first trip. I was really surprised that first time I went and all I saw were Mickey Mouse shirts with WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS printed on it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I agree TDR has the BEST merchandise. I love the uniqueness of it all. I covet the plushies and other items I own... especially the ones from the 90's like my TDL 15th anniversary Jester Mickey plushie.
    Aimster, did you know there were 4 different Jester Mickey plushes produced (one per every 15th anniversary season)?? The Blue Jester summer season Mickey and the red jester Xmas season Mickey are my favorite ones.

• Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The merchandise at TDR is very unique and only found in the resort. So unique in fact that even the Disney Store in Ikspiari does NOT carry TDR related goods. However, be abdvised that the merchandise at the resort is very much geared to the japanese audience and the foreign visitors may have a hard time finding items that would make good gifts or even clothing that would fit due to sizes being done in small japanese measurements. Finding a tee that reads TDL or TDS is harder to find at times. Many of the merchandise is seasonal or tied to any specific event happening at the parks. Still, within the parks, you will find a lot of gift options as I believe TDR to have the most varied selection of goods, but not necesarily merchandise that has the TDR logo on it. You have to search among the millions of gifts available. Much of it is really nice quality souvenirs, food items, clothing, cellphone straps, plushes, stationary items.. and lots of curio items.. but TDR does the best quality for these items I think. You will find yourself going.. "thats so cute! that's so cute" all of the time.
    The TDR hotels also have unique hotel-related gifts so check the hotel gift shops too, in addition to Bon Voyage, which is TDR's answer to World of Disney. When visiting TDSea, take your time and roam some of the less obvious stores in the park. They sell very unique stuff. Likewise at TDL, which have some of the most interesting shops in World Bazaar, like their retro toy store, Home store and other unique clothing stores.

In the city, there are tons of Disney Stores that have unique line of merchandise unique to Japan. There is one on TDR at Ikspiari, and nearby locations in Odaiba and Minami-Funabashi. However, if there is one Disney store you should see.. it's the one in Shibuya. 3 stories of wonderfully themed areas.

There are other toy stores in Tokyo as well.. most notably, Toy Park in Ginza, Kiddy Land stores, D-Form, and many stores in Akihabara (known for electronic stores) also carry lots of Disney merchandise and collectibles. Bic Camera megastores is one such example. When you arrive in Japan, pick up the latest Yokoso Japan guide for foreign tourists at the tourism office at the airport. It has great information and nice maps to make your life easier while in Tokyo.
    Thanks for the detailed reply!

Kiddy Land on Omotesando was already on our itinerary. I just added Hakuhinkan Toy Park in Ginza and the Shibuya Disney Store. Where is D-Form? I don't see anything about that one online.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

Not necessarily, Disney....but Miniatures. They can be found all over the place in Japan. At the convenience stores and toy stores look for these small boxes about 5 inches by 3 inches. Inside are plastic miniature replicas of things, such as: food, animals, comic book characters, toys, cars, furniture, people and anything you can imagine. I also recall seeing some of Disney characters (or was that in a gumball machine at my local Walmart--can't remember). Anyways, they make great gifts and the quality of detail is incredible. I brought back several for friends and they were such a hit--and were fun to collect while I was there. They make great inexpensive gifts for those that wouldn't appreciate the uniqueness or cost of a TDR souvenir.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
    Where is D-Form? I don't see anything about that one online.
    I misspelled it. It's D-FORME (get it?) It's a type of shop that sells all sorts of "this and thats, bits and bobs"... curio gadgets if you will. Not necesarily Disney stuff, but weird and wonderful items that are so "japanese". It's in Shibuya, close to Daikanyama Station, 2nd floor in the Mode Cosmos Building. This is their site online ????D-FORME ??????????????????????/????

• You have much to learn...

There's a great toy/collectible shop in Ueno area of Tokyo-right across the street from Ueno station-but there are many exits from the station- the way I found it is, if you find the Hard Rock Cafe- it's out that exit, right across the street. It has about 8 floors & carries tons of stuff.

I don't remember the exact name or correct spelling right now, but it is something like Yamashuria. If someone knows thecorrect name, or exact location-please correct me since I have my own way of remembering things. There is a zoo located in this area as well that has Panda Bears, but unfortunately the days I was visiting, they weren't being viewed on those days.

I did go to the Toy Park in Ginza as well, but wasn't too impressed by it- It's great for toys in general, but didn't seem to hardly have anything but a few plush that is Disney related. It was the only shop I had ever seen Oswald the Lucky Rabbit stuff though.

I have yet to make it to any of the Disney stores, other than Ispiari & still would want to check out Kiddy City- I just never seem to have the time to figure out an easy way to get there.

TDR merchindise is just awesome!! I love it. The plush and collectibles are my favorites.

• You have much to learn...

You really can't find a better selection outside of the Resort- The Disney stores come close, but still not as good as the Park Merchandise- I love the merchandise themed to each event and season as well, the one thing I've complained about before, that you can't get it after the events closing date.

I would still rally for an outlet somewhere to pick thru any leftovers. I know they sell it to cast members if it's left over, but it doesn't help the rest of us who don't know any.

The Disney Stores are the next best thing & have their own line of product that you can't find in the parks either.

• Central Florida

Thank you all for the excellent information!

Disney toys and souvenirs are definitely our first priority, but we also want to look at other toys, so all the good information on toy stores is a big help.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop

2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Banned User

Again, for toys, look no further than the Toy shop on TDL's World Bazaar, facing towards the new Monsters' Inc ride.

• Resident of the Caldera

Bring an extra EMPTY large hardside suitcase with you for your stuff!

• Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Bring an extra EMPTY large hardside suitcase with you for your stuff!
    We actually are bringing an empty suitcase! We're thinking about putting a smaller suitcase inside a large suitcase. The smaller suitcase would be packed with clothes and shoes. Then, on the way back, we'd have an extra suitcase to put our souvenirs in.

The other option is bringing a large empty duffel bag - then at the end of the trip, putting the souvenirs in the nice suitcase, and the dirty clothes in the duffel bag.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop