Re: Any news on Monster's Inc?

why donīt they make a ride that makes everbody go "WOOOW"

?

thatīs what Walt would have done...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Monsters Inc. CM previews are well underway already. Initial reports online have ranged from "so-so" to "lots of fun!" At least one Hidden Mickey and Hidden Nemo have been spotted during the ride.
    Is there an English website where people are posting their reviews??

Wasn't there a link on here and a pic of the new DVD that the Tokyo Disney Resort was making for the ride? I'm not talking about the bonus stuff on the new Blu-Ray, but an actual Japanese DVD.

I did see it, didn't I?

ImagineerWarrior

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Monsters Inc. CM previews are well underway already. Initial reports online have ranged from "so-so" to "lots of fun!" At least one Hidden Mickey and Hidden Nemo have been spotted during the ride.
    Thank you for the update Joe! It will be fun looking for the hidden Mickey and Nemo. I don't know if this is out already but there is a picture of the cast costume on Deep.

• Loves Mickey!

In the new DisneyFan they cover the Monsters Inc goods and special menu selection. There is a lot of pins, like 21 of them at 600yen each. (Is it me or is that really alot??) The 26th anniversary goods design is Monsters Inc based too and really cute with Mickey wearing the CM costume! Some of the desserts look really unique and adorable like the one at Hyperion Lounge which is the ride vehicle and there is a Roz sundae!!

Forgot to mention they have been doing fastpass too!
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 03-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.

• Banned User

Can not wait to get my hands on some of this merchandise, especially the 26th anniversary stuff.
    In regards to pins.. A high number of pins seems to be the initiative from the WDC as applied to pin sales in the USA, HKDL and sometime DLP. MUltiple pins for one theme/topic seem to be the norm now a days.. If OLC is yeilding so much to the WDC in how they operate the parks, they may as well bring back Pin Trading to TDR.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    In the new DisneyFan they cover the Monsters Inc goods and special menu selection. There is a lot of pins, like 21 of them at 600yen each. (Is it me or is that really alot??) The 26th anniversary goods design is Monsters Inc based too and really cute with Mickey wearing the CM costume! Some of the desserts look really unique and adorable like the one at Hyperion Lounge which is the ride vehicle and there is a Roz sundae!!

Forgot to mention they have been doing fastpass too!
    You're making my hands itch for the new Disney Fan magazine. I probably won't get mine until the beginning of next month, but your updates make the wait seem even longer. I was thinking about the 26th Anniversary design a few days ago since it will be less than a month away. I think the Monster's Inc. idea with the Mickey in the cast member suit sound perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Can not wait to get my hands on some of this merchandise, especially the 26th anniversary stuff.
    In regards to pins.. A high number of pins seems to be the initiative from the WDC as applied to pin sales in the USA, HKDL and sometime DLP. MUltiple pins for one theme/topic seem to be the norm now a days.. If OLC is yeilding so much to the WDC in how they operate the parks, they may as well bring back Pin Trading to TDR.
    I think you could be right about the high number of pins. Are pins that popular at TDR? When I was there, I knew the event pins usually sold out towards the middle to the end of the event. Since I was there, they opened the Pirates Treasure shop with all kinds of pins so there must have been some kind of demand for them to warrant the opening of the shop.

When my okasan (Japanese mother) goes to the Pirates Treasure shop, she tells me that it's usually not crowded at all. I'm sure one could argue that the pins sales are still really good despite the low crowds at one point in the days. It's really hard to say for someone who isn't there all the time.

In the same email, my okasan talked with a Pirates Treasure cast member. She was told that March was the last month for the monthly pin series. I could have gotten it wrong in the translation. If this is true, I wonder why they stopped producing them since they were going through each attraction, restaurant, and shop. Perhaps, they didn't sell as well as they would thought so they stopped producing the series.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    I think you could be right about the high number of pins. Are pins that popular at TDR? When I was there, I knew the event pins usually sold out towards the middle to the end of the event. Since I was there, they opened the Pirates Treasure shop with all kinds of pins so there must have been some kind of demand for them to warrant the opening of the shop.
    There was Pin Trading at TDR a few years ago. The pin fans were out there in huge numbers and created a lot of traffic congestion in the park, and engaged in some behavior that apparently the OLC camp did not want to see happening in their parks. Therefore, they pulled the plug on pin trading. I agree with their decision. Many pin traders were out there congesting the Pin trading areas in FL and TL, and many were bringing huge pin boards to show off their pins.. not too mention the chaos that followed every limited edition pin release... maddening crowds at the gift shops. It was simply not pretty.
    However, I think the OLC has agreed to sell pins again because they know there is a fan base out there.. but they appear to be reluctant to re-initiate Pin Trading. Personally, I think WDC should stop the pin trading mania in the USA as it has become quite ridiculous. The massive amount of pin releases is simply beyong control. Disney killed the proverbial "goose that laid the golden egg here" and by making Pin trading so huge, they killed the fun of the hobby. But that's only my point on view on this.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I've never understood the whole pin trading thing, why if you purchase a pin would you a few weeks later wish to swap it for another one, thats second hand. I personally own about 3 pins and I'm not giving any of these up.

• Banned User

Back to topic. I rode Monsters inc today. very nice... but not as impressive as Hunny Hunt.

• Banned User

Looks strangely familiar...
    Last edited by Ice101; 04-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.

• Loves Mickey!

Today was a press day so there was lots of filming and photographing of food and merchandise going on! TDLFAN the store was open today but only to the press! There was lots of new merchandise though as see in the DisneyFan magazine in the toy store across the street. The popcorn bucket and special menu items were also out and there was less people in the park since the kids are back in school. The child can not get enough of Mike and Sully even though he's never seen the movie and was really excited about the decorations and especially the popcorn bucket!

• Loves Mickey!

Little bit of the attraction store

The press bag looked very nice!! I want one too!!

• Banned User

VERY COOL!! I like the ornamental posters above the Toy Shoppe.
    Glad to know the kids are back in school, and I wonder... one of your photos show NO line going into the ride. Was it closed to guests on this day?
    Cool merchandise.

During the media days for attractions, the ride is usually closed to real guests and available only to media and their "model guests".
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast