Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokyo Disney Resort January 14-15

Hello everybody. I am new to micechat and this is also my first trip report. These past two weeks I was in Japan visiting with a family friend in Fukouka. Before i left, I asked her if we can visit Tokyo Disney Resort, and when I arrived in Japan she said she made plans for me and her two daughters to go to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea for January 14 and 15. Here is my trip report

January 14: Fukouka to Tokyo Disney Resort

Day 1 : Tokyo Disneyland

We left Fukouka around 7:15 a.m for a flight from Fukouka to Tokyo. We arrived in Tokyo around 8:45. We then took an airport limo bus to the Tokyo Disney Resort. We arrived at the resort around 9:20. When we thought we could walk through the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to our hotel, one of castmembers said that we would have to walk around. We finally arrived at our hotel which was the Sunroute Plaza Tokyo. We checked into our hotel around 10:00. Since our room wasn't available, we left our bags at the front lobby. We then paid for our 2 day park tickets at the hotel. We then hopped on the resort cruiser buses which are pretty cool by the way. We finally arrived at Tokyo Disneyland around 11:30. After walking through the gates, we took pictures of the floral which looked very nice because Tokyo Disney Resort was celebrating its 25th birthday. We then walked down World Bazaar which is like Main Street at Disneyland. Our first ride was Star Tours. We then grabbed Fast Passes for Space Mountain. We then rode Star Jets which reminded me a lot of the old rocket jets at Tomorrowland before they moved them down. After Star Jets, we used our fast passes for Space Mountain. After Space Mountain, we walked into Fantasyland. We went into Mad Hatter, which sold Disney hats, and I bought the mickey ears scorcer hat. By this time it was around 2:00 and we saw a bunch of people sitting down near the main sidewalk and one of my friends asked what time was the parade and she said it started at 2:30. So we also sat down and got front row seats. We then came up with a plan that I would get fast passes for Splash Mountain, one of us would save of spots for the parade, and the other one would get lunch. Around 2:30 after we got our fast passes, lunch the parade which was called Jubilation started. This parade was awesome. The floats were really well designed and all of the performers were outstanding. After the parade, we stood in line for Pooh's Hunny Hunt. This ride was really cute, but really cool. The ride was cute because it was based on Winnie the Pooh and the ride vehicles were hunny pots, but the cool part of the ride was that it was trackless and the ride vehicles were run by technology called LPS. We then used our fastpasses for Splash Mountain. We then rode Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, It's a Small World, and the Carrousel. After riding the Carrousel, we found a great spot to watch the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade. The electrial parade was really cool espically of all the floats with all of the floats. After the parade ended, it was around 6:30, and we did a little shopping. I ended up buying several pins, and several 25th anniversary souvenirs. It was around 7 and the park was closing, but we started getting hungry. We had footlong hotdogs and soda. We finally left Tokyo Disneyland around 7:30. We arrived at the hotel and went to our room. Our room was on the 6th floor looking at towards the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and Tokyo Disneyland and it was so pretty. Around 8:00, I found online that there was this huge disney store in the resort called Bon Voyage that was open and didn't close until 11:00. So we hopped on the bus and went there. We were there until 10:45 after doing a lot of shopping and headed back to the hotel. We arrived back at the hotel around 11:00 and went to bed to get ready for another long day at Tokyo DisneySea.

Day 2: Tokyo DisneySea

We woke up around 7:00 to get ready to go Tokyo DisneySea. This was our only night at the Tokyo Disney Resort, so we packed up our luggage to check out. We also woke up early because we had early entry. We arrived Bayside Station around 9:00 to take the Tokyo Disney Resort Line to Tokyo Disneysea. We finally arrived at 9:20 and headed for the entrance. After passing through the gates, i saw this awesome globe that spun around that floating on water called the DisneySea Aquasphere. It was totally cool. We then went under the Miracosta Hotel. After passing under the hotel, I saw this amazing harbor and Mt. Prometheus. It was awesome the architecture around Meditteraen Harbor felt like you were in Italy. We then headed for Mysterious Island which is a land where the ride Journey to the Center of the Earth is located. While we thought we were in the line for Journey to the Center of the Earth, we were really in line for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. While waiting in line, I went to go get Fast Passes for Journey to the Center of the Earth. After we went on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, we went on Journey to the Center of the Earth. After going on Journey to the Center of the Earth, this was my new favorite ride at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Journey to the Center of the Earth was also my favorite ride because of the ride vehichles and the scenes of the ride were so well done it actually felt you were on a journey to the center of the earth. We then headed for Lost River Delta which had Raging Spirits and Indiana Jones. We went on Raging Spirits, which was a awesome roller coaster and that it went upside down. We were about to go on Indiana Jones when there was a closed sign near the entrance. We were totally disappointed. We then headed for Port Discovery. Port Discovery was another favorite part of Disneysea of mine because Port Discovery had a futuristic feel to it. We went on Aquatopia which it kinda of like autopia, but it uses the same technology as Pooh's Hunny Hunt LPS system. We also went on Storm Rider. After Port Discovery, we headed for American Waterfront. Here we had lunch and watch a show called Donald Duck's Boat Builders. After lunch we went on Tower of Terror. This was my second favorite ride at DisneySea. Tower of Terror ride was awesome as well as the theming of where you wait in line to get on your elevator. After riding Tower of Terror, we did some more shopping and got our ride photo. After Tower of Terror, we were about to ride the gondolas, but a castmember told us the Legend of Mythica was about to start and they closed the ride. We then found a great spot on the harbor and watched one the best Disney parades I have ever seen. The Legend of Mythica was the best parade I have ever seen because the floats were so well designed and very colorful. The parade consisted of Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Minnie, and the main character Mickey Mouse who was the center float high above the harbor. It was totally cool and after about 15 minutes more floats came into the harbor which consisted mythological creatures such as unicorns and dragons which breathed fire. After the Legends of Mythica was over which was around 3:00, we headed for the exits, took last minute pictures. We then hopped aboard the monorail that took us to Bayside Station. Along the way, we passed Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland was really awesome from the height of the monorail. We exited the monorail and took the resort cruiser to our hotel to get our bags. After getting our bags, we hopped aboard to take us to Haneda Airport to get on a 5:45 flight back to Fukouka.

In conclusion, I thought the Tokyo Disney Resort was one of the best Disney parks i have ever been since the last time I went to Disneyland was in 2000, but I hope to go this year during the summer or maybe my birthday since I will get in for free. I also loved the Tokyo Disney Resort because of how well the theming of the rides and how clean were the parks. My favorite rides at Disneyland were Star Jets, Splash Mountain, and Pooh's Hunny Hunt. My favorite rides at DisneySea were Journey to the Center of the Earth, Towe of Terror, and Aquatopia. I also plan to go back to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2011. When I come to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2011, I will stay 3 days and 2 nights and then I want to stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I would also plan to stay with my friend like this past for two weeks and then she will take me to South Korea and then I will extend my trip when I go to Hong Kong for two days with a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland, and then I would like to go to Taiwan, and maybe Vietnam.

P.S. Here are some photos. Hope you like them

http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/t...009/?start=all
    Last edited by TDRFAN25; 01-19-2009 at 08:07 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort January 14-15

Well.. allow me to be the first one to welcome you to the best Disney fan site in the universe, Micechat. Hope you find our little disfunctional Disney family to your liking and can stick around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25
    In conclusion, I thought the Tokyo Disney Resort was one of the best Disney parks i have ever been but the last time i went to Disneyland was in 2000
    Fear not... DLR in CA is still the other great DL park around after Tokyo, but no truer words can be said about Tokyo Disney Resort..which I find to be the overall best of them all.

In order to share your photos... try www.photobucket.com. easy to use and to upload pictures directly to your post.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report! Great photos !!!

• Central Florida

Thanks for the report. It sounds like you did a lot in the time that you had. Great photos, too!
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Banned User

Thanks for adding the photos TDRFAN25. We must show the rest of the World how nice TDR continues to be on an ongoing basis.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Awesome photos, great report!

Thank you everybody for nice comments. By the way i added more photos, to see the updated version click on the link in my original post.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

One of these days....

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Hey Great Report, was it busy I am actually going to Tokyo leaving this monday ... I will be at the resort for 5 days 4 nights starting Monday Feb 2nd I am curious what the crowds were like.
    Thanks~

• Banned User

I will be at TDR as well this coming monday or tuesday and I anticipate the crowds to be moderate in size at least through february... This is the slow season at TDR, the weather is cold and the park hours may be reduced. Refurbishings will be taking place in some areas, but you have to remember the "25th Anniversary Grand Finale" event is going on with some new offerings and shows at both TDL and TDS. Those new things may bring some additional guests into the parks, especially if you visit during the weekend. I always advise folks to arrive early at the park before the gates open so they can enjoy the entire day at the park, since there is so much to so and see there.

• Resident of the Caldera

Early entry for DisneySea while staying at the Sunroute Plaza? Haven't heard that before.

The crowds weren't too bad. It was busier at disneyland because of all of the little kids, but DisneySea was not at all busy. Most of the popular rides had a 10-15 minute wait including Journey to the Center of the Earth; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Storm Rider. Aquatopia was a walk-on. The ride that we actually had a 40 minute wait was Tower of Terror.

I know i was suprised with the early entry but i worked out really good for us because we had to leave DisneySea early to catch our flight back to Fukouka. We were only at DisneySea from 930-300 and we did a lot of rides and even had time to shop, but i wished we had more time to enjoy the rides and the scenery. Next time when i go i am staying at the resort for 3 days and then staying at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    We were only at DisneySea from 930-300 and we did a lot of rides and even had time to shop, but i wished we had more time to enjoy the rides and the scenery.
    Not to mention.. the very elaborate daytime and night time lagoon shows, and stage shows found at TDS.

Next time when i go i am staying at the resort for 3 days and then staying at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.
    And if you really stay at the TDL Hotel, I am coming along with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Not to mention.. the very elaborate daytime and night time lagoon shows, and stage shows found at TDS.

And if you really stay at the TDL Hotel, I am coming along with you.

I saw Legend of Mythica which i say is one of the best shows on the planet. When i go back to TDR and stay at the TDL Hotel will be in 2011, so better start saving.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

ITs during the week Monday Feb 2nd-Friday Feb6th so Im hoping it wont be so bad park hours are 10-9 at TDL and 10-7 at TDS , early entry will be at TDL during that time kinda bummed early wasnt at TDS but its encouraging to hear your wait time werent that bad TDL Fan so you will be their on Monday February 2nd Also>>?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast