Am I the only Tokyo resident?^^

Seems like most posters here are visitors, which is really cool, but...

I live in Tokyo and went to Disneyland for the first time in my life last November. I'm from Georgia, but had never been in the US, either. I was so overwhelmed, I bought the Annual Passport in December! Now I *LOVE* TDR, especially DisneySea, but I often go alone. It's fine most of the time, since I mostly just take photos and write. But attractions and wait times^^ are much more fun with friends. Also...I'd like more people to share my newfound "Disney love" with who don't judge me for walking around a theme park with a teddy bear in my free time.^^

Any suggestions for TDR forums in English? I found lots for other parks, but MiceChat is the only one I could find that had a bonafide Tokyo section. Arigatou, MiceChat!^^

• Banned User

Re: Am I the only Tokyo resident?^^

Micechat is the only forum you need for TDR info and fun stuff. There are others, but this one is pure fans talking, as opposed to other sites having company people posting marketing news for the masses... so stay here for the long haul.
    BTW.. JoeInJpn and Ichigopara are US folks living in Tokyo as well and visit TDR almost weekly. I come to Japan on business monthly and hit the parks as much as possible as I have an AP there. We are planning a Micechat Meet at TDS on Valentine's Day Feb 14th in the late afternoon hours... like around 5pm. We also have another first timer visiting, ChrisFL, and we are planning to meet as well. You are welcomed to join and say hello.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

DuffyDad I'm going to be in town during part of May, and if your schedule is free it would be good to meet up. I will be at the parks on May the 14th-15th and again 18th -19th. If anyone else is also free to meet up on these dates let me know. I'll post a reminder a bit further to the departure date. My time is going to be limited but it would be good to meet with some people.

• Banned User

Oh malin dear. Too bad you are missing the Micechat meet at TDS on Valentine's Day.

Talking Re: Am I the only Tokyo resident?^^

Thanks for all the kind info, TDLFAN! By the way, are those "Lights of Romance" photos on your page from TDL? 2008? I haven't seen those sculptures...but I haven't been there at night yet, either. Is it in the courtyard around the Castle forecourt?

And, sure, Malin! May's my birthday month, so I plan to go to 'Land and 'Sea and let people congratulate me as many times as possible! LOL!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-05-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about TDLFAN's photos.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Thanks for all the kind info, TDLFAN! By the way, are those "Lights of Romance" photos on your page from TDL? 2008? I haven't seen those sculptures...but I haven't been there at night yet, either. Is it in the courtyard around the Castle forecourt?
    "Lights of Romance" took place every winter from 2003 until 2008. It premiered as a special show for the 20th anniversary and was retired last year. It was a part of the "Cinderellabration" event. It took place after dusk around the TDL hub gardens. It was simply spectacular..one of TDL's most glorious achievements in sight, sound and color. You can still find the cd on retail.

• Loves Mickey!

Hi DuffyDad! I sent you a private message, welcome to MiceChat!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Oh malin dear. Too bad you are missing the Micechat meet at TDS on Valentine's Day.
    That is a real shame, but I'm holding back from visiting until Monsters Inc officially opens. Maybe we could arrange another MiceChat meet in May if your in town, and others are available to meet up?

DuffyDad just to let you know, I have recieved the PM and will reply later on when I have a little more time on my hands.

• The 70th Matt Named Super

I'll be at TDR next month...3/25-28 & again on 4/1. I've never been before & I'm SUPER excited! Would love to say hello to you or others!!

Thumbs up Re: Am I the only Tokyo resident?^^

Ok, Matt!^^ That sounds SUPER! Not sure about my schedule, cos I work all those days, but I should be able to meet you maybe in the morning on one or some of 'em!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Supermatt70 View Post
    I'll be at TDR next month...3/25-28 & again on 4/1. I've never been before & I'm SUPER excited! Would love to say hello to you or others!!
    You should be excited. You are going to the best Disney Resort on Earth.