Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Events up coming

I have just checked up on the TDR website to see what events were coming up. It seems TDS will recieve another run of Spring Carnival while nothing is planned for TDL except the Monsters Inc opening. I had heard something about an event being planned to celebrate the opening of the attraction, but can't seem to find any more info, except for what has been reported on here as rumour. Anyone else heard more?

• Banned User

Re: Events up coming

We have already discussed the Spring Carnival event here. As far as I know, the Monsters Inc event will be happening but has not been formally announced yet.

From what I know, a Monsters Inc-themed event will be held in Disney's Ambassador Hotel from April 15 until June 30.
    Link (Japanese)

• Banned User

Thanks for the response, so unfortunately nothing new to report. I'm sure with April 15th fast approuching more info is bound to come out soon.

• Lost in Wonderland

I'm guessing the Fairies (Tink/Rosetta/Silvermist/Iridessa/Fawn) will be a part of Spring Carnival this year, since they should be arriving at DisneySea around April. It fits thematically.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I'm guessing the Fairies (Tink/Rosetta/Silvermist/Iridessa/Fawn) will be a part of Spring Carnival this year, since they should be arriving at DisneySea around April. It fits thematically.
    Out of interest the Fairies turning up at TDS, is this fact or speculation, as its the first I have heard of this happening. I'm not sure Tokyo Disney Sea would be a suitable destination for these characters.

As far as I heard the fairies are only coming for spring carnival. After that they should be gone.

• Banned User

Hmm well Tinker Bell has a huge following for reasons I don't understand. But I'm not sure how popular the other Fairies are in Japan and I just don't see the theme working with the Spring Carnival. It will be interesting to see if what you have heard is true. Duffy may have competition.

One hears whispers that the whole 'Fairies' project has fallen far, far short of Disney's expectations. Right now Disney is so bad off they are culling a lot of franchises (the new Pooh has been killed for example) so Tinkerbelle may soon find herself without friends in the very near future.

• Banned User

Disney may only have there own timing to blame here. The World is in recession and consumers are in full panic mode, not exactly a smart time to launch a new franchise.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I do think that the Tinker Bell movies may fare ok, but I agree that the Fairies franchise may not have exactly met Disney's expectations as the new "Disney Princess" rival...

I think it was a little silly of Disney to think they would get to the same level of the Princesses so quickly.

About the Fairies and how they would fit with Spring Carnival. I think it's a pretty easy fit personally. The Tinker Bell movie was all about the fairies bringing spring to the mainland. Now they'll probably be bringing spring to DisneySea.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Out of interest the Fairies turning up at TDS, is this fact or speculation, as its the first I have heard of this happening. I'm not sure Tokyo Disney Sea would be a suitable destination for these characters.
    Well it's not speculation. But I wouldn't say it's a fact, as plans are always subject to change. Wouldn't it be neat to have fairies flying over water? It's just a thought.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    Well it's not speculation. But I wouldn't say it's a fact, as plans are always subject to change. Wouldn't it be neat to have fairies flying over water? It's just a thought.
    There may be some truth in this. The TDR News website is listing the Spring Carnival Event for TDS from 4/22 to 6/30, and Tinker Bell is in the logo. You can click on the link and scroll down to see it.

EDIT: I just noticed the mention of Tinker Bell and her fairy friends in the Japanese description.

I think RescuetheDay got it right since it it sounds as if the Tinker Bell and the fairies are going to be bringing Spring to TDS (like the Tinker Bell movie). If I recall, the Tinker Bell movie was also released in movie theaters in Japan.
    Last edited by honoraryhatter; 02-13-2009 at 07:13 PM.

• Banned User

Interesting but to be fair she's also featured in the 25th TDR logo. Out of interest whats the plotline to the Tinker Bell Movie, because I have very little interest in watching a movie about Fairies, is it really about Tink and her friends bringing spring to everyone. I'm hoping the flower displays are good because I feel the entertainment side is going to be lame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast