Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?

Oh too bad!

Re: Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?

Does anyone know the next time they will audition for Tokyo?? I was wanting to move there just for fun, and my friend told me I should be a face character for Disney, so I've been trying to find out.

• Dancing my heart out ;D

What are the dance auditions like? Does anyone know how the audition process goes?

<<Does anyone know the next time they will audition for Tokyo?? I was wanting to move there just for fun, and my friend told me I should be a face character for Disney, so I've been trying to find out.>>

I'm pretty sure they audition every 6 months or so. A friend of mine is dancing over there at the moment, and he auditioned in Sept, for the Feb contract change. So they audition pretty far in advanced. They usually do 4 to 5 days of auditions.

<<What are the dance auditions like? Does anyone know how the audition process goes?>>

I went to the last audition in Hollywood in Feb, and I can only tell you what I know from the experience. They took everyone in groups of about 150 (there only happened to be 2 groups that afternoon). They taught a short ballet combo, maybe 6 counts of 8. Then they did a big cut, and let a lot of people go. They then taught a longer jazz combo which was about 30 seconds long, not too difficult if you have had dance training before. They then made another cut. With the remaining people, we did the jazz combo again, while they made another cut. And then the same thing once more. Thats when I was cut. Sometimes they go on to a tap combo depending on the show they are casting for. They like smaller girls, and tended to keep the people who have had ariel experience (which I didn't)

Hope this helps anyone!!

Cant wait to go to the next audition!!

Hi guys!
    Short stint away, i'm back to book my flight to LA for the next round of Tokyo Auditions!
    Any new hints or tips that anyone has come across?
    Wish me luck!

Leanna

Hi. First of all I just want to say thank you to all the people in this thread and others that helped to explain the Disney audition process. Without your posts, I wouldn't even know where to start!

I've decided to try for the upcoming Tokyo Disney audition in September in LA. This will be my first time auditioning for such a thing. I've been wanting to move back to Japan for a long time (I live there as a child) and while I plan on going over there next year as an English teacher, I felt that if I could do this it would be so much better since I loooove Disney and have always wanted to try working at one of the parks.

I will definitely be doing the face audition and maybe the dance but I haven't decided yet. Can anyone give any tips on what they look for? Especially in terms of physical characteristics for each character?

Also, I'm not sure which character is best for me to try for, so I would like to get some opinions. I am 5'4 1/2" and have blue/grey eyes. (does eye color even matter anymore though with contacts?) I am also about 110lbs. Here are some pics:

I imagine Disney would want a more smiley and less dramatic looking headshot though, lol.

I was thinking Snow White may be my best bet because of my ultra pale skin. But I'm not sure my face is round enough. All the Snow White's I've seen seem to have very round faces.
    Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 09-14-2009 at 09:19 PM.

I am going to be auditioning in LA, and am wondering where to find the height charts for the characters, Whenever i find a link it doesn't work for me. I'm 5"3.

Quote Originally Posted by stargirl.marie View Post
    Hi guys!
    Short stint away, i'm back to book my flight to LA for the next round of Tokyo Auditions!
    Any new hints or tips that anyone has come across?
    Wish me luck!

Leanna

LUCK! from your profile pic, you look like you would make a cute fairy! See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
    Hi. First of all I just want to say thank you to all the people in this thread and others that helped to explain the Disney audition process. Without your posts, I wouldn't even know where to start!

I've decided to try for the upcoming Tokyo Disney audition in September in LA. This will be my first time auditioning for such a thing. I've been wanting to move back to Japan for a long time (I live there as a child) and while I plan on going over there next year as an English teacher, I felt that if I could do this it would be so much better since I loooove Disney and have always wanted to try working at one of the parks.

I will definitely be doing the face audition and maybe the dance but I haven't decided yet. Can anyone give any tips on what they look for? Especially in terms of physical characteristics for each character?

Also, I'm not sure which character is best for me to try for, so I would like to get some opinions. I am 5'4 1/2" and have blue/grey eyes. (does eye color even matter anymore though with contacts?) I am also about 110lbs. Here are some pics:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6035/img9056edit.jpg
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/309/img9232edit.jpg (headshot)

I imagine Disney would want a more smiley and less dramatic looking headshot though, lol.

I was thinking Snow White may be my best bet because of my ultra pale skin. But I'm not sure my face is round enough. All the Snow White's I've seen seem to have very round faces.

Hi there!
    I too will be auditioning for Tokyo but at the Australia audition!
    I have been to a couple before and the people that they picked out were quite different! So I don't know what they think sometimes!

You are in the princess height range which is about 5'3 to 5'7 and I think you have the face for maybe Belle or maybe even Sleeping Beauty!

Eye colour usually doesn't matter I don't think.

Good luck to you at the audition, maybe we will both end up working together! =P Hopefully anyway, I have been wanting this for so long!

Tale as old as time, True as it can be..
    - Beauty and the Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Ashes View Post
    I am going to be auditioning in LA, and am wondering where to find the height charts for the characters, Whenever i find a link it doesn't work for me. I'm 5"3.
    Hi,
    I too am about 5'3/5'2.

In Tokyo the cast for Alice and Wendy who are both about 4'11/5'2.
    Princess height is usually from about 5'3 to 5'7.

So like me you are kind of in the middle! But that kind of gives you options for both!

The Disney fairies are also in that height range(except Tinkerbell)

I have never worked there myself(want to more than anything in the world) but I have heard from other people.

- Beauty and the Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz025 View Post
    Hi there!
    I too will be auditioning for Tokyo but at the Australia audition!
    I have been to a couple before and the people that they picked out were quite different! So I don't know what they think sometimes!

You are in the princess height range which is about 5'3 to 5'7 and I think you have the face for maybe Belle or maybe even Sleeping Beauty!

Eye colour usually doesn't matter I don't think.

Good luck to you at the audition, maybe we will both end up working together! =P Hopefully anyway, I have been wanting this for so long!
    Thanks for your input! I actually hadn't considered Sleeping Beauty since she has blonde hair, but facially yes, I think we are similar. I was also thinking there might be a possibility for Mary Poppins or even Cruella Deville (haha, that would be interesting)

Good luck at your audition and yeah, it would be great if we end up working together!

How many people are auditioning for the Tokyo Disneyland auditions on now?

For those that do, good luck!

- Beauty and the Beast

so I'm reading everyone's comments and I'm a little confused. So for the face character auditions they also teach you a dance number? Correct me please. And lastly do you need to have a professional head shot? Thanks
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

from the blue haired aussie living in canada who visits TDL every Halloween....GOOD LUCK to all of you in your auditions! i hope i get to meet some of you at TDL one day.

Yeah, we'd love to see the headshots here on MC too! We already have some lovely looking people who are auditioning show their mugs here. :-)
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast