Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Question Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?

I'm going on the 24th to the dance audition, and then on the 26th to the face audition. :]] Very excited!

I'm in the height range for Alice, Wendy, or Tinkerbell.

Anyone else going??

• Shubisha

Re: Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?

I have to say I'm impressed how it's always the Tokyo audition that gets new members onto micechat posting about it I'll be there.

• Banned User

Re: Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?

Are they finally casting in the Americas? I thought OLC had only decided to cast people from Australia for those parts.

• Shubisha

They always cast from America(as well as Australia and England). Sometimes it's perhaps financially better for them to cast from Australia and there can seem to be a bias towards it but that's all speculation really.

The working holiday visa setup that exists between Japan and Australia, Canada and the UK also helps.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    They always cast from America(as well as Australia and England). Sometimes it's perhaps financially better for them to cast from Australia and there can seem to be a bias towards it but that's all speculation really.
    Yes, I have always known that, but a former CM who is a friend told me recently they were only hiring from Australia at the moment.. maybe that is not correct after all...

• Shubisha

2 auditions ago a fair amount of the people chosen were from America.. At the recent audition, the one that hasn't even gone to tokyo yet until next month, almost nobody at all from Disneyland got chosen it seems, except for a few that are being taken for a special event. Either they really liked the people from elsewhere or it had economic influences given that the economic "crisis" took off immediately after the auditions took place. But they're still holding these next auditions in America and England so they can't simply be hiring only from Australia right now.

• A Weather Eye Open

I would love to audition. It's not going to happen for me this time around, unfortunately, but I would like to keep track of when they are holding auditions for the 2 Asian parks and try out in the future. I definitely want to travel in my life, and working at Disney parks over there would be a great opportunity!

And please come back and write a little report describing what it was like and how you did!
    Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 02-14-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Shubisha

Tokyo's auditions are every 6 months.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by lauranelson27 View Post
    I'm going on the 24th to the dance audition, and then on the 26th to the face audition. :]] Very excited!

I'm in the height range for Alice, Wendy, or Tinkerbell.

Anyone else going??
    Good luck at the auditions!

Now, I could be wrong about this, but don't you have to wait 6 months in between auditions?
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

I'd like to go as well. I'm from Canada though.
    So it's a bit of ways, and I don't really know what the audition will entail?
    Any hints or tips?
    Thanks!

Leanna

Quote Originally Posted by stargirl.marie View Post
    Any hints or tips?
    Thanks!

Leanna
    I can tell you what the face character audition USUALLY entails.

First they'll line you up and just look at your face. After that they'll teach everyone a simple dance routine and have you perform it for them a couple times. A cut will be made after the dance. Sometimes they'll make those who didn't get cut dance again, but sometimes they don't. After that they usually have interviews with people, but you have to come in as one of the face characters you think you would be portraying. After that is another cut.

If you make it that far they take your measurements and you just have to wait and see if you get the call saying you got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by stargirl.marie View Post
    Any hints or tips?
    Thanks!

Leanna
    What part of Canada are you in? After the Los Angeles auditions, they are doing some in New York City. So that may be closer to you. Following NYC, they are having auditions in London.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    ..almost nobody at all from Disneyland got chosen it seems, except for a few that are being taken for a special event.
    Maybe because the US parks advertize for "people who can move well.." as opposed to OLC looking for real professional performers who are in shape and exceptionally beautiful on in shape?

I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. So NYC is on the opposite side of me as well!
    Thanks for the help RescueTheDay!
    I know I should just take a chance and fly to LA but it's alot for them to just stand and look at my face for 10 seconds.
    I'm not even sure I look like a face character!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast