•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Talking Tokyo Disney Trip Report 2-2 to 2-6

Hi All I spent five days and four nights at the tokyo disney resort ... two nights at Tokyo Disneyland hotel and two nights at hotel mira costa... I actually like TDL hotel better . Lets start with the trip report shall we?

Monday: 2-2 welcome center/TDS/TDL Hotel
    It took us about an hour from tokyo to get to Tokyo Bay where the Tokyo Disney resort is located. One of the nice things is you can ship your luggage from where you are staying in Tokyo to TDR. it cost about 20 bucks and I highly reccomend it and it arrives next day On tuesday my bags were in my room. We just packed carry on and clothes for the next day.... it made things really easy I couldnt imagine carrying all my luggage on the subway.. We made it to the Welcome center and checked in upstairs is all the Disney resort hotels downstairs is the resort partner hotels.. We were also able to purchase our tickets, get our free monorail tickets... and we checked in it at the welcome center itwas around 12noon when did this so dropped of our carryone luggage got our tickets and we arrived in our hotel TDL hotel later in the evening it was waiting for us... And in japan the tip is included so they refuse tips... even at bars its strange. We purchased the 4 day magic your way passports which was 115,000 yen rougly 125-130 bucks which is a steal . You have to chose what parks you are going 2 on the first two days , the last two days you can park hop. we chose first day Tokyo Disney sea since it was open 10am-10pm plus legend of mythica was going on hiatus , we didnt want to miss it. So we boarded the fun mickey mouse themed monorails and headed over to TDS. One thing I Immediately noticed about the parks and the property in general is even though they have alot of sweepers around the guests keep the park really clean as it is. no graffiti , no trash on the floor , although I will say I always found it hard to find a trashcan one of my few complaints... The parks were overally very clean.

We Entered Tokyo Disney sea in all its majestic glory and had rougly till 2:30 before legend of mythica started. the weather was chilly i would say in 50's and its off season so no major attraction had longer than a fourty minute... what we did first was go on a major photo taking binge... You can take pictures of everything in that park... Medditaranean harbor is such a beautiful place you really dont feel like your in a theme park. It also has so many nooks and crannys that everytime i entered the park i tried finding new areas. Before Mythica started we went to the american waterfront and toured the area by taking one of the new york city vehicles around new york. they are very highly themed to the 20's 30's era old police cars, ice trucks, milk trucks, old style cars. Some of the American waterfront cars take you on a roundtrip view of AMWfront and one takes all the way to port discovery. Immediately I noticed the amazing amount of detail at this place . I also noticed how friendly all the cm's were.
    We stopped of for some cappucino popcorn... point of information TDS and TDL is full of popcorn its like japans favorite snack... you can buy a bag for 300yen which isnt so bad.
    We began to line up for mythica around 215 and we got a prime spot in the center front of the park. It was facing directly towards the volcano. Cast members lined the harbor to guide people. they had a sitting area up front and a standing area. we chose standing so it was easier to see and take photos. The show it was amazing... first off the japanese they are very enfactuated with all the characters especially mickey mouse but this show , the music, the water floats , the story . I didnt need to know alot of japanese to get the storyline. and the way the water floats were designed to circle the harbor. and then dock and the dancers come off and dance on land in front of the seating areas that was cool. They incorporate drums, kites , jets . fireworks.Unicorn floats... I mean what more can you ask for. Once the show was done it recieved thunderous applause nobody really quote unquote cheers loudly it seems we were the only ones doing that.
    Next up we headed to the lost river delta section of the park to go watch Mystic rythims at 3:30 at the hanger stage. I wanted take a picture before the show of the theatre inside but the cm's are very strict and good at getting people not to take photos even when i dont understand why photos wouldnt be allowed on something say dumbo.... they have some strange policies about that. Anyways about MR it celebrates earth, wind, water and fire not the singing group. They had great dancers, great effects it rained on stage.. they had a person dressed as a crocodile in the water... very lively soundtrack very well cheoraghaped... people running in from the back of the theatre.... it was a awe inspiring show.

After that show we headed to Arabian coast. Beautiful area we stopped for a quick snack in the cashbah food court then we made are way to the Magic Lamp Theatre to watch the 3d show. That was also very good. it incorporated 2 live actors and a 3d genie... the effects were on par with most 3d shows you see. Caravan carousel was also very fun 2 story carousel . Arabian coast also had some atmosphere entertainment going around at the time which was cool , they were men dressed in arabic attire dont know if thats an appropriate term but they were engaging the audience and they seemed to love it. After Arabian coast... we went to mermaid lagoon and the place was empty which i think took away from the atmosphere a little when i went back on wed it gave it a nicer feel to have lots of people in it. we did all the attractions except for the mermaid theatre. we hit up jumpin jelly fish the way it was suppose to be made. Flounders Balloon fish race. The teacups where I ran into sumo wrestler who were visiting.. all very fun attractions the balloon race and the teacup style ride is identical to fliks fun fair. the lighting and theme of the place was great... and the music was fun. in the shop they were playing little mermaid in japanese it was at the point of kiss the girl i giggled a litlle.
    Once we finished with Mermaid lagoon we headed back to american waterfront where we had at early dinner at sailing day buffet. The place is rougly 30 american dollars and it was a great little buffet, it had everything from sliced beef, chineese food, chicken, onion rings, wonderfully delicious and themed deserts and all you can drink non alcoholic which is plus.
    After dinner we saw mickeys dream company which is a show about a girl named margaret who cant dance and is looking for the dream key or something to that affect but they were alot of great dancers and singers as well as characters in it and ill know towards the end margaret screams out mickey mickey mickey and who shows up mickey mouse and everyones all happy and the show ends or you think it ends and then it goes it another closing number... so many climaxes so confusing.
    After that show We took the electirc railway over to port discovery where it was dark already and the place looked wonderful at night with the lights of aquatopia beaming and the neon... it was cool. Aquatopia had two sides one side facing the bay the other more park side. one had a waterfall. I went with the waterfall side first , the wait was only five minutes. its such a fun attraction you dont control where you go and you dont get wet at night but its cool. my only complaint was its a little rough at the return point where you go backwards back into the station it just seemed like the vehichle struggled and was hurting my back with so much bumping but it was a fun attraction none the less.
    We then lined up for Stormrider which had a wait of about 25 minutes. It only has one simulator which is a drawback but it looked like it fit a over a hundred people in it. this was also a attraction where they didnt let me take the picture in the preshow which was a shame because they had a cm acting about how we are going into the eye of a level five storm and the use this giant gun to control weather. we then entered the simulator it was a huge room.... giant portholes for each row door on each side that also had video projection on them while the show was going on .. Additionally you get wait when the storm happened and the"machine was failing" You also see giant parts of the weather controler gun fall into you... The screen was shaped sort of similar to soarin but alot smaller. This was a very cool attraction.
    Next up we headed back to Lost river delta and lined up for INdiana jones. The que for this attraction was so elaborately themed i coudlnt believe my eyes.... it was multil level at the beggining with murals on the ceiling. alot of fake historical artificats . the screening room was similar except the guys name was paco who told you to buckle up. and the loading area was similar as well. The attraction itself was themed to Alliens, they were parts that felt alot like the one in Adventureland but other parts especially the Allien parts that were very different it also reminded me of how Indy was suppose to be run like 1995 time when it was jerky and no lawsuits were impending... Great great attraction I rode that again on Wednesday.
    We were getting near closing time so we chose to ride 20,000 leagues under the sea which is cool also themed towards underwater alliens it had a wait of five minutes which was nice. it also had a feature where a bell would ring and you could use a joystick to control a flashlight to explore and see better all the treasurers of the underwater world.
    Once i got off the attraction it was almost 10pm ... I couldnt believe the time flew that fast. I did so much yet I had so much more I wanted to see. The good news I was going to be back on wednesday. I headed back to the park exit and tried to souvenir shop to look for merch but was not allowed to enter at 10:05 because apparently all shops close at 10 which pissed me off what if I only came for one day... But overall it was a beautiful day at TDS I even saw the volcano explode... I boarded the monorail to Tokyo Disneyland station and headed to my room at the TDL Hotel ... This is where im going to stop writing for now... I will write later about the TDL hotel experience , TDL on tuesday early entry and continue my adventures!
    Last edited by lighttragic; 02-14-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: adding in trip report

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disney Trip Report 2-2 to 2-6

Looking foward to your report. Some of us will be there today.

Some of us will be there today.
    You’re doing that just to make the rest of us envious, aren’t you.

And it's working...

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

hey can someone tell me how to upload images?

try uploading them on photobucket. That's what i did. I set up an account which is free, uploaded pictures from computer to photobucket then copied the link onto my trip report page. hope this helps
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

Hope that you will post your report soon

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Ok Folks I will post the photos Tommorow... Stay tuned I have many I will also link to Picasa... I will also start my trip report commentary tommorow 2

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Tokyo Disneyland Electric parade Dreamlights Monsters inc float^
    Last edited by lighttragic; 02-14-2009 at 02:43 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

more to come now that i figured it out

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

my first day has officially been added

Ugh--I remember distinctly not getting into the shops in time because I figured they would stay open past park closing. The lesson there was to buy all your souvenirs early and often.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

yea luckily I learned that and for future days when i saw something i wanted i bought it and had it packaged express back to my hotel Also which was a huge bonus my husbands wife friend is a balloon lady at disneyland and she met us at bon voyage one day where we went nuts and used her 20 percent discount 10 percent on food items i believe i saved over 65 dollars... it was great! bon voyage has alot of 25 anniversary items and most of what the parks had except for speciality items in themed stores