TDR DVD Question

Hello,

I was wondering what is a good offical DVD from TDR that show alot of ride footage?

Thank you
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Re: TDR DVD Question

I don't know, but be advised that most of the official TDR DVD's are Region 2, which means they won't play in a North American DVD player unless it's been hacked.

I have several DVDs that I bought from Amazon.com Japan (yes, expensive, but I'm just doing my bit to stimulate the economy by wasting borrowed money). I also picked up a cheap Region 2 player. Just off the top of my head, the DVDs seem to be of good quality and are far less "gimmicky" than the US ones. There is not a lot of on-ride content; the shows are quick tours through the parks. All of the narration is in Japanese (if there's a subtitle option I have yet to find it). Tokyo Disney has also released several excellent special DVDs highlight entertainment offerings throughout the park's history.

If you want to see a lot of on-ride footage, go to YouTube. You can see complete ride throughs of all the big DisneySea attractions and 'Pooh's Honey Hunt' as well.

The Japanese DVD's only have subtitle tracks in Japanese.

MonkeyJoe, unfortunately there hasn't been a DVD release with many attractions featured. However, there are plenty of videos on YouTube, as Another Voice noted, as well as on the official site:

TDL:
    http:// www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/...wto/04_01.html

TDS:
    http:// www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/...wto/03_01.html
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• You have much to learn...

I haven't watched many of the official releases that are for sale at the resort- but a while ago my friend recommended an unofficial dvd for sale thru deepdiscount.com that has plenty of footage from both Tokyo Disney & Disneyland Paris

Travel - International Theme Parks Not Rated / Music Video Distributors / DVD

I see that TDR is releasing a 25th Anniversary set on BluRay. Does anyone know if it will be evilly encoded with the evil region settings just to be evil for the sake of evil (and Sony's bottom line)?

Another Voice, according to the Japanese press release, this BluRay release is Region 2.
    JoeInJpn

this BluRay release is Region 2.
    Evil, evil, evil.

Does the resort currently have other BluRay discs? Nothing else shows up on Amazon.jp.

• Loves Mickey!

The bluray region for the US and Japan is the same so if you live in the US it will play with no problem.;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    Evil, evil, evil.

Does the resort currently have other BluRay discs? Nothing else shows up on Amazon.jp.
    Sorry I should have said Region A. You're in luck if you're in the US. This is the first BluRay release for the Resort.
    JoeInJpn

Thank you for the responses. I was being dumb, I had just assumed that the Blu-ray regions would follow the DVD region settings. I can only assume that manufactoring issues (placing the two largest markets in the same region) overcame the studios' desire to chop the world up into tiny "release date" markets.

I've used a mid-level HD camera at TDR and DisneySea is amazing on a big screen TV. I can't wait to see what a professional disc will look like.

P.S. - Disney's Blu-ray release of Sleeping Beauty is flat out stunning. If you own a home theater system this is a disc you must have. The endless layers of detail and nuance in the animation marks the peak of Walt's art.