• Banned User

Disney Fan magazine milestone.

This week, the "Disney Fan" magazine released it's 200th issue. This particular issue has great photography from the parks and reports from the international (meaning USA) resorts. It's a collector issue.
    Also, FYI.. there will be a special Disney Fan issue released this week and it will be a special 25th anniversary issue, so those of you who collect the Disney Fan magazine in the US.. take note. Sometimes the special issues are not part of the regular subscription.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Disney Fan magazine milestone.

Wow! I'll have to see if I can track down a copy. I liked the special issue they did a few years ago with the DVD included, that was great!

• You have much to learn...

I was thinking that I may miss out on the 200th issue as well, but was actually surprised that it somehow came out as a regular issue as a part of my subscription plan- It wasn't one of those squarebound covers- I know I had to purchase the Halloween issue separately & was never able to track down the 25th anniversary issue.

Gurgi- they had several copies in NYC at Asahiya book store on 45th St off 5th ave- I don't think the shop on 41st street gets them lately

• Disney fan from Thailand

Thanks for new, i will hurry to order this book at japan book shop.

The 200th Issue, while it has some special sections looking back at past Disney Fan issues, is not a "special issue" so it part of the regular monthly cycle. The final "25th Anniversary Special" is outside the monthly cycle, like TDLFan explained. By the way, new issues of the regular magazine come out on the 22nd of each month.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I was thinking that I may miss out on the 200th issue as well, but was actually surprised that it somehow came out as a regular issue as a part of my subscription plan- It wasn't one of those squarebound covers- I know I had to purchase the Halloween issue separately & was never able to track down the 25th anniversary issue.

Gurgi- they had several copies in NYC at Asahiya book store on 45th St off 5th ave- I don't think the shop on 41st street gets them lately
    Oh, awesome, I'll have to go check that out. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Banned User

Hmmm... I wonder how much my premiere Issue #1 of the Disney Fan (sorcere Mickey on the cover) would be worth right now... and how much it would fetch if I auctioned it on Ebay...Hmmm..

• Banned User

BTW.. the special anniversary issue releases tomorrow on March 5th and will sell for 800 yen. I hope to get mine tomorrow before leaving Tokyo.

BTW #2.. we had a bit of snow come down last night in Narita but quickly melted.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    BTW.. the special anniversary issue releases tomorrow on March 5th and will sell for 800 yen. I hope to get mine tomorrow before leaving Tokyo.

BTW #2.. we had a bit of snow come down last night in Narita but quickly melted.

The price for the regular issues has been raised to 800 yen. The special anniversary issue will sell for 900 yen.

• Banned User

Thanks for the correction. However I only paid 857 yen for the special anniversary issue yesterday at the duty free bookstore in terminal #1 at Narita Airport (store next to McDonalds *after* the security checkpoints and Immigration checks) by gate #27.

• Disney fan from Thailand

That's your lucky TDLFAN, i intended to order it at japanese book in my country (Book Kinokuniya) but they said this book not in their stock order and not be selling in their shop. So, i have to order through Amazon Japan and just received it yesterday.

it's ok for me although their shipping cost quite very expensive