Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Loves Mickey!

Monsters Inc. sneak review

Ok! So today I was thinking that I could take a break from TDR for awhile because the lottery for Monsters was over and we were going everyday that was sunny and it was fun but exhausting and my TDL annual pass was expired! So I check Deep and saw the Monsters Inc costume and thought "Oh is it new? Thats cool!" but then more pictures were added of a line of people!! Of course I couldn't go because my pass was expired and I didn't expect sneak previews this early!! So I called my husband and told him the ride was open and he asked if I wanted to renew my pass and of course the answer was YES!!

So usually previews are closer to opening and for short time periods so I thought previews were over pretty early but someone on Deep Disney said it would be until 8:30pm. I told my husband and we thought it would probably not be possible tonight to make it. But my husband called around 6pm and said leave the house now we are getting your pass so I ran to the bus forgot my phone and ran back to the house and then back to the bus again, lol. Ran to the building next to TDL where you can get the pass and then we ran to the Monsters Inc. attraction. So we got there at 7pm and there was a 1 hour line. Even though the line was an hour wait there was no fast pass the the time passed by very quickly.

There is a video playing in the outer queue which was cute and entertaining and I took a few minutes of video to give you an idea (it's still uploading) but the line kept moving (remember no fast pass!) so it was a little difficult. I really like the CM costumes! They look very nice especially the winter coat and the best point is definitely the M belt buckle! The inner queue is like the entrance room in the movie and the desk is pretty cool and there is two ceiling paintings with a little hint of the meet the world attraction with a new map painting and another painting of monsters which is very cute! They said there was no pictures in the building so I followed the rules but you can see many photo's on Deep Disney so check it out! There is an anouncement telling you to keep all hands and tentacles in the vehicle and to watch your children and little monsters, lol. The ride vehicle looks just like the concept art and is three cars attached allowing 3 people per car.

Of course this is the preview time so the ride can always be adjusted so take our opinion with a grain of salt. My husband and I had slightly different opinions of the ride but both agreed the flashlight is not that useful. When there is a trigger you flash the object and find a hidden monster but the monster is a little slow to pop out it's also not that dark so you don't feel so much like you need the flashlight but the child LOVED the flashlight and was all giggles by the end of the ride. The different sets are very fun and the one where Mike's girlfriend lands in the water looks very cool. The ride moves along very quickly kind of like Roger Rabbit so looking with the flashlight for monsters is a little distracting for the ride. I think I will let the child play with the flashlight and just enjoy the scenes next time. The Boo AA is so unbelievably cute and every scene with here is so adorable and interesting to watch! The AA and scene design were very nice to look at in my opinion. So at the end there is Rose who interacts with the guests but the timing I think was a little slow and not as interactive as I thought it would be. In the end my husban thought it was ok but would rather ride Pooh or Buzz and gives 3 out of 5 stars but I definitely like it much more than Buzz and wanted to ride it again right away and wanted to try without focusing so much with the flashlight but the queue was closed and would give 4 out of 5 stars but felt that for now Pooh is overall counting queue and everything a better experience. The child loved it and came out giggling so if you have a toddler they will really love it I think.

I think however that a lot of what wasn't perfect for me can easily be tweaked like the speed of the discovered AA's and the Rosaline interaction and speed of the vehicle. For my husband I don't know but for him the flashlight was over hyped. Definitely looking forward to what other people think and I don't usually do reviews so I hope this wasn't to hard to read through. :P

Many people...

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Monsters Inc. sneak review

Thanks for the review!

I'll be at TDL for the offical opening festivities next month. Can't hardly wait!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for the preview! From the pictures at Deep Disney, it looks like a more detailed version of the ride at DCA. There seem to be many similarities...especially the Roz AA at the end who "talks" to you directly. Still, the quality here looks better than DCA because they obviously spent more money.

• Banned User

I am sorry but TDL is no DCA. This is a real Disney theme park, and not an Eisner's.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Even though the line was an hour wait there was no fast pass the the time passed by very quickly.

There is a video playing in the outer queue which was cute and entertaining and I took a few minutes of video to give you an idea (it's still uploading) but the line kept moving (remember no fast pass!) so it was a little difficult.
    Again... reason why Fastpass should be eliminated forever from Disney's parks. Lines move much faster without it. People need to get over it.

please forgive my noobiness with this, but is the preview only select days? or is it passholder only? or resort guest?

sorry for all of the questions. we're going in about a week and a half and we'll be at the miracosta. my boyfriend would flip if we were able to see this attraction

thanks for posting the info!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Thanks for the preview! From the pictures at Deep Disney, it looks like a more detailed version of the ride at DCA. There seem to be many similarities...especially the Roz AA at the end who "talks" to you directly.
    When I first saw the Deep Disney pics, I have to admit that I was disappointed. It really reminded me of the DCA version of the attraction, which even Disney identified as a "strong C ticket" at the time. After all I've heard about it, I hope that it turns out better than just a DCA Monsters ride with a flashlight added.

Still, the quality here looks better than DCA because they obviously spent more money.
    That's what gives me hope after thinking about it. One has to look no further than the various Pooh attractions to see that the outcome can be dramatically different on what at first glance might appear to be similar rides. I really won't know until I see it myself.

where is the Deep Disney link?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by at_ease View Post
    please forgive my noobiness with this, but is the preview only select days? or is it passholder only? or resort guest?

sorry for all of the questions. we're going in about a week and a half and we'll be at the miracosta. my boyfriend would flip if we were able to see this attraction

thanks for posting the info!
    Hi at_ease! The truth is I have no idea how they are doing the preview this time because usually it is for short periods of time much closer to when the attraction opens. This time it was a whole month before opening and it was an all day thing which took a lot of people by surprise. The good news is that you do not need to be an annual passholder or resort guest and that this was open to everyone! It also looks like they are doing it today as well! I really hope you get to ride the attraction when you come !

This is the video from the outer queue last night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=bI8C7pBvuQ8

• Banned User

I have no point of reference here. I have not been to DCA since before they opened their Monsters Inc ride, but knowing that TDL's version was built from scratch, as opposed to retrofitting an old ride system with a new show like DCA's, gives me some hope.

ONE MORE question Ichigopara... Is the gift shop attached to the building already opened? Do they have nice new merchandise? (OK, that was two questions.)
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 03-10-2009 at 06:55 PM.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have no point of reference here. I have not been to DCA since before they opened their Monsters Inc ride, but knowing that TDL's version was built from scratch, as opposed to retrofitting an old ride system with a new show like DCA's, gives me some hope.

ONE MORE question Ichigopara... Is the gift shop attached to the building already opened? Do they have nice new merchandise? (OK, that was two questions.)
    I did not see any gift shop last night but will look again today. There is already new merchandise at the toy shop across from it in World Bazaar though but I think there will be much more new merchandise when the attraction officially opens. I'm just about to head out now to meet Joe at TDL!

• Banned User

I am so jealous!! I wish I was there to join you both!! But am sitting here with a sprained ankle and to add insult, a case of laringitis.
    But at least I went to the MK today for a few hours.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am so jealous!! I wish I was there to join you both!! But am sitting here with a sprained ankle and to add insult, a case of laringitis.
    But at least I went to the MK today for a few hours.
    I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well but hope you get better soon! I checked today and the store is definitely not open but will keep an eye out for when it does.

• Loves Mickey!

We just got back home now and when we rode today it was an hour and a half wait but like yesterday the line kept moving so it was not bad.Today I enjoyed the attraction much more the speed seemed just right and the flashlights found more monsters and they seemed a little quicker to pop up but it could be my imagination haha. We sat in the middle car today as opposed to the last car yesterday so I wonder if the car you sit in makes a difference. It is a really cool ride and I think today after the second time riding it I do in some ways like it more than Pooh. My son wanted to ride it again and so did I but I held him almost the entire queue before and it was past his nap time so we were both exhausted. I wonder if it will be open tomorrow...Maybe we will go in the morning to check it out lol.

Edit: Forgot to add we found a hidden Mickey today!!

• Not here to help

3 out of 5... 4 out 5... it sounds as if it isnīt a big deal... I was hoping it should be like the coolest darkride ever
    oh well I have to try it in november. hope there will be fastpasses for it

I havenīt been in DCA but that version looks really bad on youtube and should be replaced by something fun. atleast the tokyo version looks expensive
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Hi Ichigopara, thanks for the calls. Sorry I couldn't meet up today. After riding, I headed straight out the gates and came to the office. The CM's announced a 110min. wait when I started queuing but it only took about 70min. The line moved pretty smoothly. The ride was fun although I was preoccupied doing something else (FmoInsLteMrsI,iNnc.G). Also spotted some Deep Disney folks as I arrived. GRRRRR.

LOOK FOR TANZANIA.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast