explore, ride and see shows in Undersea Kingdom and Indy's area
    visit Future area ride Storm Rider, aquatopia, train to New York area
    get FP for Tower
    see shows and the cruise ship
    Dinner
    use FP and ride Tower
    rest of the night see nighttime shows and ride whatever else

Sorry for screwing up the port names... more questions about TDLR
    Recommended Snacks? Flavored Popcorn...which ones?
    where to go for Lunch and Dinner?
    How early do we have to wait to get a good spot for the water shows?
    Where is there a good viewpoint for the night shows?

what changes should I make?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Help with TDLR itinerary

You should take into consideration that most FastPass run out by early afternoon.

Attractions like the Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear can post some rather long wait times too, that will rival attractions like Splash and Pooh and I think Buzz can often be the most popular ride in the park, as it is still the newest, until Monsters Inc opens.

Also note even attractions like Pirates and the Jungle Cruise can post some long wait times, 40-60 minutes depending on the time of the day.

When visiting the parks I feel an itinerary doesn't work out to well as it doesn't accomendate wait times or breakdowns. My advice to you is to make a priority list of what attractions you would like to see the most and work down that list. Also as Pooh is very near to Haunted Mansion and Splash you should try and ride these attractions while in the area, instead of going back on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    My advice to you is to make a priority list of what attractions you would like to see the most and work down that list.
    This is the best advice. Figure out what you must do and take the time and do it. Getting to the park early will help get that done faster. Figure out than what you'd like to see and what you don't necessarily need to see and just have a fun day. I will say that I noticed that the lines for rides at TDS were considerably shorter in the evening compared to TDL. It seemed like people did not stay at TDS into the evening for rides. TDS has some must see shows like Big Band Beat and I enjoyed Mystic Rythms as well. The two scense of Donald's Boatbuildies are great fun too and a nice snack break during the day.

Just be prepared to go with the flow. Fast Passes will run out on most major rides in the morning so if it is on your must do list be prepared to stand in some lines.

• Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post

Yes, does anyone have any recommendations for good viewing spots for parades at TDL or the water shows at TDS? We'll have cameras with decent zooms, so we don't have to be right up close...but would like a clear view since it's our first visit to TDR.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Resident of the Caldera

Your list is overly optimistic and you can't accomodate that many rides in the times you've alloted. You should get on line at the gate 45 minutes before the park opens. Run in and turn right at center street--get a FastPass for Monster's Inc., then run to Pooh and ride it. Walk over to Splash Mountain and either ride it, or get a FastPass if you're able. Head to Big Thunder and ride that or get a FastPass if you're able.
    Note that I've left off Space Mountain because it doesn't compare to the version in Anaheim. However, if you must, you should get a FastPass for it at the end of the others I've suggested (and ride it in the evening).

Wait until later in the day for Pirates--the line will be 60 minutes at peak, but dwindle to 5 minutes later in the day. The Mansion is a toss up--it can be long or short.

Save Mickey Mouse Revue, Tiki Room, Western River Railroad, Country Bears, Swiss Family Treehouse, Mark Twain (a must!), and so on for just after lunch when everything else is impossibly crowded. Watch parades later in the day.

Good luck!

[quote=Fukai;3493447]Your list is overly optimistic and you can't accomodate that many rides in the times you've alloted. [quote]

I agree. For example,

park opens
    8am-8:30am
    get fastpass for Pooh
    ride most of the rides in Fantasyland
    use FP and ride Pooh
    8:45 Head towards Tomorrowland
    First of all, you need to be at the gates 45-60 minutes before the park opens, or it will take you 15 minutes just to get through the turnstiles and another 10 to get Pooh FP unless you sprint (and then, it's still 5 minutes). By that time, the line for Pooh FP will take 10-15 minutes just to get a FP (this may be lessened if you're going after Monsters Inc opens). You'll be lucky to get the Pooh FP and ride even one of the Fantasyland rides by 8:45, let alone all of them and use the Pooh FP.

But you have the idea right. Get there early (like 1 hour before park opening). Proceed quickly to your first FP, then ride another FP attraction via standby. Then tackle the Fantasyland attractions. Then go about your day, trying to keep up with whatever FP schedule works out for you that day.

I don't remember if you mentioned in another thread how long your visit will be, but my general advice is to not try too hard to see all of the attractions and as a result miss some of the other stuff, such as the parades and shows.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
    Yes, does anyone have any recommendations for good viewing spots for parades at TDL or the water shows at TDS? We'll have cameras with decent zooms, so we don't have to be right up close...but would like a clear view since it's our first visit to TDR.
    At both TDL and TDS, the viewing spots for shows really depends on your interests since there are many really nice viewing spots. My favorite places for the shows at TDL are near Cinderella's castle (since you can get the castle in the parade picture). At TDS, you can get really nice viewing spots in many places since the Mediterranean Harbor area has a nice view from all around the show area.

At TDR, many people are willing to wait hours before the parade or water show for the really nice places. I remember waiting a few hours for some of the parades and water shows at both parks. I can't confirm that this is still the norm, but I don't think it has changed since attendance is huge at the parks.

My suggestion is to check out the times of the parade/water show on the free Today! Guide when you get to the park (or on the TDR website before you leave, if the info is available). With that knowledge, keep an eye out for the crowds around your chosen viewing area as the time gets closer to the parade/water show. Then, change your schedule of priorities for the day accordingly. Of course, you could also find an empty spot just before the parade and still probably get some nice pictures. Either way, good luck ... you're, in my opinion, in for the most beautiful parades and water shows that Disney has to offer!

• Banned User

OK.. PET PEEVE!!

The resort's official name is TOKYO DISNEY RESORT or TDR for short, not "TDLR". Note there is no "land" attached to the resort's name.

Now carry on.. and please, do not refer to WDW as "The World". It drives me nuts!

To answer a few questions that I see and just throw in my two cents(because I don't have three )

Flavor popcorns that I like are Strawberry in TDS and Curry in TDL( buy the souvenior bucket you can refill it for the same price as a small and there are ALOT of flavors to try)
    When eating in TDS I usually just eat small things most of the day--there is so much to try like the Gyouza Dog between Mysterious island and Mermaid lagoon.
    As for a restaurant and view of the night time show--Cafe Portofino in Mediterranean Harbor has reasonable Italian food and offers a nice view of the harbor---If you are lucky enough to get a balcony table it can be a good place to watch a show--especially at night.
    Finally for now---don't waste a FP on INDY --if you are willing to break up your group for one attraction then there is a single rider line.
    As for Raging Spirits...it is well themed, but not worth more than a 10 minute wait IMO.
    Last edited by tokyodisneydad; 03-22-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
    To answer a few questions that I see and just throw in my two cents(because I don't have three )

Flavor popcorns that I like are Strawberry in TDS and Curry in TDL( buy the souvenior bucket you can refill it for the same price as a small and there are ALOT of flavors to try)
    When eating in TDS I usually just eat small things most of the day--there is so much to try like the Gyouza Dog between Mysterious island and Mermaid lagoon.
    As for a restaurant and view of the night time show--Cafe Portofino in Mediterranean Harbor has reasonable Italian food and offers a nice view of the harbor---If you are lucky enough to get a balcony table it can be a good place to watch a show--especially at night.
    Finally for now---don't waste a FP on INDY --if you are willing to break up your group for one attraction then there is a single rider line.
    As for Raging Spirits...it is well themed, but not worth more than a 10 minute wait IMO.
    Which rides at the resort have a single rider line?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Which rides at the resort have a single rider line?
    At TDS:

- Raging Spirits
    - Indiana Jones Adventure*
    - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea*

* = Single rider available under certain conditions.

TDL does not offer single rider program for any attractions.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

thx Joe

I think the TOT fass passes would be out by the afternoon, other than that it looks good and practical.