Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Turtle Talk to open on October 1, 2009

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that Turtle Talk, the new
    attraction at Tokyo DisneySea® Park, will open on October 1, 2009. The attraction will
    be located inside the S.S. Columbia in the themed port of American Waterfront.

FULL ARTICLE

• Banned User

Re: Turtle Talk to open on October 1, 2009

Do they have to open this show at TDR at all?
    (Thumbs down from me)

• Not here to help

well I hope it will make the lines shorter for the other attractions in November when I am there...
    perhaps it wont...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Do they have to open this show at TDR at all?
    (Thumbs down from me)
    Well, I think their next step is to close HISTA and replace it with Stitch Encounter...

• Minion

I think this is a sensible addition. TDS needs more "small" and kid-friendly attractions to flesh out the park...Turtle Talk is a very polished show, certainly the best of the ones using this particular interactive technology...though I don't know how well Crush's surfer lingo translates into Japanese. The location inside SS Columbia is thematically tenuous, but not completely out of place as at DCA, and moreover will not have an external visual impact on the park. So overall, I think it's a good addition.
    Down with the Hat

• Not here to help

perhaps they will make a journey to the center of the earth with a toystory theme next...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

perhaps they will make a journey to the center of the earth with a toystory theme next...
    Don’t give them ideas. There is already talk about “re-branding” Mysterious Island in light of the Disney’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea prequel. It’s similar to what was planned when the ‘Haunted Mansion’ movie seeped into theaters – replace the “classic” movie elements with the hip, new and edgy “relevant to modern audiences” elements. Disneyland Paris could get a similar re-branding in their corner of Discoveryland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Well, I think their next step is to close HISTA and replace it with Stitch Encounter...
    Doubtful. They already have Stitch featured in the Tiki Birds show.. and that version is not too popular with TDL fans out there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I think this is a sensible addition. TDS needs more "small" and kid-friendly attractions to flesh out the park...
    I don't think it is. TDS has an entire highly themed area for families with children in Mermaid Lagoon. This is where I think this Turtle tv show should have gone if they need it there so badly. Besides.. the Mermaid Lagoon area is so exquisite in theming, I am not sure that having the Nemo characters crash it would be a good thing.

Turtle Talk is a very polished show, certainly the best of the ones using this particular interactive technology...though I don't know how well Crush's surfer lingo translates into Japanese.
    The show may be the best interactive show there and in your opinion.."polished" but for those who have been to TDS and seen how lavishly polished and themed this park is as a whole, will agree that the Talk with Crush show is a substandard addition to the much more expensive lineup of TDS attractions.

I fail to see how this fits in with 1910's-20's New York. Mermaid Lagoon would be a much better fit, though still not perfect, at least it's UNDER THE SEA

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

so how much is 1.3 billion yen in US currency?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    so how much is 1.3 billion yen in US currency?
    Take that figure and divide it by today's exchange rate of 98.64 yen per dollar.

However, if you are planning a trip to TDR, its come to my attention that some airlines are offering round trip fares of around $600 from LAX. Go online and work it.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

I want to write that I can see how Turtle Talk loosely fits in TDS even if I don't like it. However, I actually can't think of a Port in TDS where it would fit.

Right now, this is actually an attraction that I could miss at TDS. This is disappointing because I can't and I would never say that about any of the other attractions. I could be proven wrong, but it's doubtful since I can't foresee too many enticing additions.

• Resident of the Caldera

Let's see, how does it fit? You're in an ocean liner, below decks, and you look out a large window and see the ocean with sea life in it. I think it fits just fine.

The park is indeed light on stuff for younger park-goers. And everything in Mermaid Lagoon is from The Little Mermaid--having a character show from a different movie would not fit at all.

Just my two cents. While adults may not find it to be the most exciting thing in the world, kids are amazed and love it. The fact that the theater is small means there is always a line at Orlando--not sure about Anaheim. There's probably no line in the Animation building at DCA for anything, is there?

I think for a lot of people the show is interesting once, as a demonstration of the technology. People aren’t used to talking back to animation and there’s a novelty there. It wears off quickly.

But I do think it’s a good addition to DisneySea. Every attraction in a park can’t appeal to everyone in it. The goal of a good park should be to have enough attractions – each with different appeals – so that all of the guests can find enough to spend an enjoyable visit.

Because of their small size, limited shows like ‘Turtle Talk’ fit this requirement perfectly. It’s cheap meaning that you can have a lot of these size attractions in all areas of the park. If OLC continues, it will be a good way to “fill out” DisneySea and offer a lot of variety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast