Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Best Hotel to stay at in Tokyo

Ok so Im looking to perhaps book something for next year to Tokyo Disney Resort.And Im currently looking at Hotels.Can anyone who has been before please give us some advice when it comes to hotels to stay at.And do you recomend staying on resort? Thanks

• Banned User

I highly recommend staying at TDR Hotels if and only if you are willing to spend that much money of just visiting Tokyo to go to TDR. All Resort hotels are great but rarely go for less than $300 a night. This price applies to most first class hotels around TDR, like the Oriental at Shi Urayasu. Other hotels can be had for under $250 a night such as the OLC owned Palm & Fountain resorts. Most hotels in Tokyo are around the same price, and others are small business hotels can be reserved for cheaper. Use hotels.com or Japanhotel.com and get an idea of what is there...

• Bending Unit

As far as I'm aware, the cheapest hotel on the resort (can never remember if they're called 'good neighbour', but I mean out of the selection of hotels surrounding the two parks) is the Hilton Tokyo Bay, probably with a bay view. It's cheaper to stay somewhere in Tokyo, but you have to travel in by train, so if time is a pressing, stay on the resort.

Staying in the resort means you pick up a Disney Resort Liner (bus) to a monorail station. The last time we stayed in the resort the monorail was free, but this has recently changed (at least, with the Hilton). You then take a monorail to the park. I'm sure the prices are listed on-line. Actually, from the Hilton it's often faster to walk across the street to the monorail station, but the bus is well-themed.

Of course, if you're staying in the MiraCosta you simply hop into the park from your window.

The Hilton was fine. They do a good breakfast and have a new foodcourt (didn't try the latter).

• Banned User

>>Staying in the resort means you pick up a Disney Resort Liner (bus) to a monorail station<<

That would be the Disney resort 'Cruiser' bus.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...t_cruiser.html

• Bending Unit

Yeah, Cruiser. That's the number. Looks like a Mickey-fied diner on wheels, you have to love it.

• Banned User

I do but sadly, a lot of people in the USA don't like them or the TDR Line monorails, prefering instead the ghetto buses at WDW.

So this November I will be visiting TDR!!!

Still shopping for a room. Has anyone stayed at Le Meridien Grand Pacific?

If so, did you go to TDR from the hotel and how long did it take?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• Banned User

Le Meridian in Odaiba?? Takes about 10 minutes to walk to Tokyo Teleport station, then about 8 minutes to Shin-Kiba station from there, then about 6 mins to Maihama (where TDR is at) So travel time can be around 25-40 mins depending on how much time you have to wait for trains at connecting points.

I have stayed at the Nikko Hotel across the street from Le Meridian. Very nice 1st class hotels... But honestly, if you are going to spend that much money, maybe you should consider staying on property for a little more money...

• Santa Barbara, CA

Park Hyatt in Shinjuku..hands down.. expensive but worth it. 1 hour from the park.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I have stayed at the Nikko Hotel across the street from Le Meridian. Very nice 1st class hotels... But honestly, if you are going to spend that much money, maybe you should consider staying on property for a little more money...
    Thanks TDLFAN!

A little more money (from what I have found) would mean at least $175 extra per night to stay on property.

Found a rate at Le Meridian for just under $200. Since we are staying a week, that would be an extra $1225 for our stay. Thought I could use that money for Souvenirs.

Would you know of any closer Hotels for around $200 a night?

Thanks in Advance!

• Banned User

The newly opened OLC hotels in Urayasu are cheaper...but they are economy class. Sort of like the All-Stars at WDW. The new Hotel Emion is also supposed to be in the $200 range.

Also, I would doubt you will spend over $1000 on souvenirs at TDR. Seems to me most westerner guests do not find the merchandise there appealing enough since their merchandise is driven by the needs of the japanese, rather than nice park souvenirs (except for the special event merchandise which I like a lot.)

• (harmlessly)

When you say "the needs of the Japanese", what do you mean? The cute factor?
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by stalking lily chou-chou
    When you say "the needs of the Japanese", what do you mean? The cute factor?
    I'm not sure exactly what the original poster meant, but the gift shops were the one area where I was disappointed with DisneySea. I came fully equipped with lots of money to buy souvenirs but wound up buying nothing. The shops seemed full of very cheap items stamped with the the Tokyo Disney Resort or DisneySea logo. And they were selling at what I thought were extremely high prices--even for Tokyo. For instance, there'd be something like a handerchief stamped with the logo and selling for the equivalent of $8. I suspect this merchandising is to take advantage of the Japanese habit of omiyage or souvenir gifts. In other words, they weren't selling souvenirs you'd buy for yourself but rather token gifts you'd take back to give to other people.

• Bending Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie
    I'm not sure exactly what the original poster meant, but the gift shops were the one area where I was disappointed with DisneySea.
    Hmmm... interesting. My experience is the opposite: though I was disappointed with the lack of DisneySea labeled clothing, I thought the prices of the souvenires were reasonable on the whole. For example, I bought a Genie Handbag (I don't remember how much for, I think 8 = $16) for a friend, good quality. She loves it. Bought myself a DisneySea hooded top. Seemed to me that the Japanese who visitted the parks were more interested in Disney characters, e.g. Mickey and Minnie merchandise, than Tokyo Disney (Resort) items.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodriguez
    Hmmm... interesting. My experience is the opposite: though I was disappointed with the lack of DisneySea labeled clothing, I thought the prices of the souvenires were reasonable on the whole. For example, I bought a Genie Handbag (I don't remember how much for, I think 8 = $16) for a friend, good quality. She loves it. Bought myself a DisneySea hooded top. Seemed to me that the Japanese who visitted the parks were more interested in Disney characters, e.g. Mickey and Minnie merchandise, than Tokyo Disney (Resort) items.
    Maybe we went to different shops? I mostly went into the shops right at the entrance to DisneySea and found them to be full of cheap souvenirs at wildly inflated prices. I never got to Ikspiari or the shops within the various lands. Maybe next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast