Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Quick update from TDL today..

Hi all... went to TDL this morning and by the time I left at 12:30pm, they park was closed due to capacity.
    Anyways.. got to ride Monsters Inc Ride & Go Seek. A solid D-ticket. I will have my official review of the ride and comments on other aspects of my visit today, plus photos from my first experience riding Monsters sometime next week in the Micechat Weekend Update. I also had a negative experience today (my first ever.. and involves that dreaded Fastpass system from hell).. but at least I won a spot in the lotto for the first showing of Dreams Within, but because of the Fastpass situation, I missed the show, and I had won a great seat too! So I am not too happy, especially when Guest Relations made no effort to make up for my troubles, but more on that later as I am not returning to the USA for another week. I shall be at HKDL tomorrow saturday the 28th.. if anyone is around, feel free to say hello.
    Gotta run to the airport. Ciao.

Re: Quick update from TDL today..

You're in town?!?! Hmm, I have some goodies to give you as well as some Funderful Disney thingies. :-)

Sucks to hear about your bad experience, but glad you enjoyed Monsters!
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

It was jam packed today.....I was in the park today from 8-5:30. did the 8:00 dash to line up to ride the Monsters Inc. Ichigopara's review was pretty spot on. It had it's moments and makes a nice addition (IMO), but it is definitely no Pooh's Honey Hunt. By the time I left there was a 220 minute wait to get on. Now that I know what to expect I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it. I will be back in the park next Monday---so if you see the big Blonde/ Brown haired gaijin say hi to tokyodisneydad.

• Banned User

From the videos I have seen it seems like the biggest problem is that the ride doesn't stop long enough for people to enjoy the animatronics. Its like you move really fast stop for 8 seconds find 2 or 3 monsters and then go on. Still looks fun and is far superior to DCA's but I mean from a video watchers stand point it isn't quite as amazing as Pooh.

• Banned User

Your opinions are pretty much on target. However, I rode first and watched the video later today.. and I have to say the video does not do justice. The sets are much nicer and I personally liked the city neighborhood set. But will comment more on my official review later this week. I just landed in Hong Kong and have to get to bed as I am going to HKDL tomorrow for a few hours.

• Banned User

Oh yeah I definitely am not questioning the detail in the showrooms. It is the ride system itself that I find odd. Seems to move a bit to fast to fully enjoy the flash light experience.

Wow, crazy, it seems that from all these posts that all the rides pass an hour. Off topic a little but is there any kind of ride that has like 15 mins like to what we have at the Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland in CA?
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Resident of the Caldera

You mean a 15-minute wait?

The Tiki Room.

Country Bear Jamboree.

Mickey Mouse Revue (until it closes in May).

Swiss Family Treehouse (which never has any wait).

Star Tours seems to rarely have more than a 10 minute wait.

The Mark Twain.

Westerland Shooting Gallery.

Not many things have a wait under 30 to 60 minutes at Tokyo Disneyland unless you're there when the gates go up. (Pirates is often a walk-on later in the day, as are Western River Railroad and Jungle Cruise, both of which are better at night anyway.) Haunted Mansion is a wild-card--sometimes it's a walk on and sometimes it's 60 to 90 minutes. When it transforms into Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare it becomes 90 to 180 minutes.

The major rides like Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, Splash Mountain, and now Monster's Inc. (and Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare) often have lines from 2 to 3 hours when the park is busiest.

• Banned User

2-3 wait times are common since they installed Fastpass. Before FP, when everyone waited in the same line, most wait times for major rides did not exceed 90 mins on the crowdest of days, as I recall.

Before FP, people actually had to wait in those 90-minute lines in order to ride popular attractions.

• Banned User

Yes, it's better when we all pay the same price and wait the same wait times. It's the fairest way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Yes, it's better when we all pay the same price and wait the same wait times. It's the fairest way to go.
    So, you're willing to give up your AP and pay the full single-day admission price for each and every day you enter the park?

• Banned User

Having an AP does not mean I should have lesser benefits over some who pay the full price of admission for single or multi-day passport. Au contraire.. with all the money I spent on the TDR AP, they should pass me to the front of the line all of the time, but since I recognize that to be unfair.. I am willing to wait in line whatever amount of time to ride an attraction, as long as everyone waits the in the same line without favoritism or catering to lazy people who do not like to wait in line like we all did years before Fastpass killed the queue experience.
    Then again, I do not care to go into this argument with you because it's pointless to try and change your (or anyone's) mind on this.

• Banned User

Moving on.. went back to TDR today March 31st.
    Both TDL and TDS were packed packed packed! Most wait times for rides with Fastpass at TDL were from 120 mins, up to 230 mins (Monsters's Inc). In contrast, popular attractions withOUT Fastpass like POTC and JC were around 40 mins wait. Hmmm... it's clear to me why Fastpass needs to go for good...

Over at TDS, Even Raging Spirits was clocking a whopping 150 mins wait on the stand by line. For Disney management and OLC to allow these overly exagerated wait times is simply a huge disservice to their guests once FP are gone for the day.. and trust me.. I arrived there at 4pm and there were NO attractions offering FP anymore.

Anyways... like I said before, both parks were jammed packed. I personally like to see TDS so busy. They were even running the TDR Line monos every 3 minutes to keep the crowds moving. There were long lines everywhere... for food, restrooms, and in cashier registers at most gift shops. Even Ikspiari was packed with shoppers like I have never seen it before.

I look around and see the chaos around me and have to wonder again, why WDC keeps telling people the MK is most visited park on Earth. What a bunch of croc. TDL was so crowded that even Custodial was not able to keep up with cleanliness in some areas. A shame really because I know they can do better.

At least one positive thing happened out of all this overcrowded chaos.. I won a seat for the last "Dreams Within" show yet again, twice in less than a week!! A good thing because today was my last chance to see the show before it's retired.

I also caught BraviSEAmo! which is now presented at 7:30pm as opposed to it's regular 8:05pm showing. Due to strong winds, the fireworks got cancelled tonight.

Next time, I am planning to go back to TDL on it's 26th anniversary, april 15th. Which reminds me... that is Opening Day for "Monsters Inc Ride & Go Seek". Printed advertisement for the new ride is now appearing around Tokyo.. in trains and stations.. and there is an add on TV as well.

And that is my update from Tokyo.. To those of you I like, catch me at WDW later this week for the Flower fest at EPCOT. See you at the parks.

Getting rid of Fast Pass is a no brainer.

What they really need is to bring back tickets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast