Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

question about tokyo disney merchandise =x

Hi I would like to know if some items from the 25th anniversary are in limited quantities or sold year long until the end of the festivities like the long key that they sell. any info will be great thx

• Banned User

Re: question about tokyo disney merchandise =x

Based on previous trends, I would have to say that most of the anniversary merchandise will be retired once the event ends in mid april. Currently they are selling a few leftover items from a year ago, but mostly the "grand Finale" line is up for sale in big numbers. All limited edition released for the anniversary back in April is sold out.

Sorry I missed this yesterday or I could have answered your question. There is still alot of 25th anniversary merchandise available. Most of the Limited Edition things are sold out and everyhing else will be slowly faded out before April 15. The original 25th anniversary KEY is no longer available, but the DREAM GOES ON key is still available. It is being sold at COSMIC ENCOUNTER in Tomorrowland for 1800 yen....initial pieces are sold seperate for 300yen and 100yen. Hope this helps.

Also just so you know---I looked closer at the auction link---instead of MICKEY , you can choose any name, but the key has limited space.
    Last edited by tokyodisneydad; 03-27-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: more info

• Banned User

Tokyodisneydad is correct. The LE key is no longer available, but the cute Mickey one is still being sold and is very popular. The line to get this key at Cosmic Encounter is very long at times. Yesterday the line for this was about 45 mins to an hour wait to place you order. You have to place an order for it and pick up later in the day. They ask you to choose color, and monogram pieces plus other parts that make up the entire key.. On average these keys can be over $50, depending on how long your name is and how nice you want it to turn out.

The key is 1800 yen and the large attachments are 300yen each with the small initials 100yen each. The Mickey one on the link you attached would have cost 2900yen plus tax. I'm not sure how many, but know there is a limit of letters that can be used. I think 2 big and 5 small like the Mickey one is about the limit of space available so the most you will spend for one is less than 30$, but I will double check that info tomorrow when I go. I'm just going by what the pamphlet says that I picked up the other day.
    Last edited by tokyodisneydad; 03-28-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: change info

• Resident of the Caldera

I waited on a very short line of 15 minutes last October for my 25th anniversary key. Got lucky on that!

If you want to buy 25th anniversary merchandise, and don't see it on eBay (where mostly pins and postcards are sold because they're small and cheap to mail), then send a message via eBay to a seller like disney_dream_mmkids, with whom I've done much business in the past, asking if she will buy you the items in the park. She will, but you'll pay a little more. At least you'll have them!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I waited on a very short line of 15 minutes last October for my 25th anniversary key. Got lucky on that!
    You sure did, and I am trying to remember if that was before they moved the Key shop from it's original Hub location to the Tomorrowland location due to the huge crowds in the hub for that souvenir.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
    Also just so you know---I looked closer at the auction link---instead of MICKEY , you can choose any name, but the key has limited space.
    I wanted to add that, I don't think it's possible to order the name MICKEY from a cast member. I have a similar name that I use for the personalizations. Initially, the cast member doesn't want to let her buy it because it's too similar to MICKEY. However, she explains it, and everything works out fine.

My guess is the person in the auction link bought a few keys, and mixed up the letters to get the name MICKEY because I'm sure a cast member woudn't outright sell it to him if they had trouble giving it to a name that was not the same but similar.

wow thanks for the info guyz u been helpful =D I am grateful to all of u

sry i have another question , im still think whether i should get the limited edition big key or not or just get a few of the regular keys, i would like your opinions on it and also I hear about custom fees on imported goods, will I have to pay customs if i did order they keys from japan? any info will be great

Personnally, I would get the limited edition big key, and i think you have to pay customs, dont quote me though, I'm not sure.

• Sock Puppet

Is it possible to get Tokyo Disney merch online anywhere? I see pictures of all the cute stuff and always want some of it!

• Banned User

There is no online TDR merchandise shop. E-Bay is just about the only way as far as I know.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There is no online TDR merchandise shop. E-Bay is just about the only way as far as I know.
    That's a real bummer, I think they'd make a ton of money off of us Californians. Seriously, there's always some Asian tourists at the park in their cute gear with their little trinkets, I'm jealous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast