Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneysea Spring Carnival Event

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Can any one recomend a good spot to watch the new Spring Carnival Show Fairies Primavera?
    Usually the Lido Stage or the very center sop by the lagoon, closest to the park entrance. And be there early so you can get a spot and show view. The show is huge and usually tales place all around the Miracosta side of the Lagoon.. from the Lido Stage, all the way to the Zambini Bros Restaurant, and on the water as well.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Disneysea Spring Carnival Event

• Banned User

Thnaks for the photos. As always.. TDS is classy classy classy.

• Banned User

Am I the only one that thinks that it is simply not possible for TDS to get a World of Color show that will be as epic and large as DCA's? I mean really, inless the park wants to cut out boats from the entire equation, I don't see this happening. Sure maybe they will keep the name but it would have to feature barges and floats which, the way I think about it, isn't as good as an AMAZING fountain set up.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Usually the Lido Stage or the very center sop by the lagoon, closest to the park entrance. And be there early so you can get a spot and show view. The show is huge and usually tales place all around the Miracosta side of the Lagoon.. from the Lido Stage, all the way to the Zambini Bros Restaurant, and on the water as well.
    Thanks TDLFAN I'm still not sure if I'm going to like the show or not, as it appears to be just one big Meet & Smile show but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Atleast the decorations from DuffyDad's pictures all look nice, thank for posting the pics by the way...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Am I the only one that thinks that it is simply not possible for TDS to get a World of Color show that will be as epic and large as DCA's?
    Its a bit early to speculate on this as I'm sure TDS will be upgrading its equipment for the show which will be 10 years old by World of Colours debut. I'm not too concern as if there is one thing OLC does well is that it does not like its parks to be upstaged by the other Disney parks.

• Banned User

Its a bit early to speculate on this as I'm sure TDS will be upgrading its equipment for the show which will be 10 years old by World of Colours debut. I'm not too concern as if there is one thing OLC does well is that it does not like its parks to be upstaged by the other Disney parks.
    Yes, I am saying TDS can't handle the equipment for the show I think. World of Color is a state of the art water show that is inches below the water, in TDS you can't do that.

• Fleeting Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Yes, I am saying TDS can't handle the equipment for the show I think. World of Color is a state of the art water show that is inches below the water, in TDS you can't do that.
    I agree. Unless TDS goes with a completely different setup with barges somehow, or found a way to sink the fountain setup very deep, I really don't see WoC happening. And I'm glad for that. Not only am I reaching a breaking point when it comes to cloned attractions and shows, but I would choose the ability to have multiple spectacular lagoon shows day and night over one nighttime fountain show, no matter how good. Also, TDS frankly could do much better than WoC. Since it's designed for DCA's bay, WoC is working with a huge set of limitations that TDS just doesn't have. TDS has a marina for performance barges, spaces all around the harbor for performers, an in the round set up (unlike WoC which it designed to be best viewed from the viewing plaza they are building), and most of all TDS can do pyro where DCA can't. Why saddle yourself with a limited show? At least take it and juice it up.

• Banned User

Thanks TDLFAN I'm still not sure if I'm going to like the show or not, as it appears to be just one big Meet & Smile show but I'm willing to give it a chance.
    This is is not like Meet and Smile. This is a huge special event lagoon show with hundreds of performing moving from one end of the harbor to the other. There are many colorful props used in the show and gazillion of costumes..some remincent of the old Tapestry of nations at EPCOT. You may not enjoy the show's subject.. being flowery and all that, but it is a very nice TDR-style big show and worth seeing.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: Disneysea Spring Carnival Event

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    This is is not like Meet and Smile. This is a huge special event lagoon show with hundreds of performing moving from one end of the harbor to the other. There are many colorful props used in the show and gazillion of costumes..some remincent of the old Tapestry of nations at EPCOT. You may not enjoy the show's subject.. being flowery and all that, but it is a very nice TDR-style big show and worth seeing.
    Just to be clear, it seems like you guys are talking about two different shows... TDRFAN, you're talking about the Spring Carnival Fairies Primavera show while ICe101 and kaliwolf are talking about World of Color which is to be implemented in the near future (next year?), right? Malin, I think, is talking about both?^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-26-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Malin is talking about both^^

• Banned User

Did they change the soundtrack for Primavera Spring Carnival? Before didn't they use "Here comes the Sun" and in the recent excellent video posted by jcent, it does appear.

Hey there ICe101, I replied to this in the YouTube comment and I'll answer it here as well. You're right about the change, the Beatles song "Here Comes the Sun" was used in last year's show. This year, it was replaced with "Spring Fever" by Elvis Presley. My favorite part of the show is still "The Carnival of Spring" and the dance moves they do during that song. Hehehe.

More information about the the recent CD release here:
    http://jtcent.com/nempa/2009/04/spri...-released.html
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Okay thank you for the confirmation Joe.

• Banned User

Just saw the "Fairies Primavera" show. Did not disappoint. Very colorful and 'fulfilling'. Loved the new Tink and Friends barge on the water. TDS was actually a little busy today.. more so than TDL. It's the first time I see (what appeared to be) more guests at TDS than TDL. This is what happens when OLC sleeps in their laurels and do not launch a special event on TDL's anniversaries.

• The Darkness to Light

I just saw Joe's video on YouTube last night. Cute show. Loved it.

I will also say this. I've been opposed to the idea of Tinkerbelle having a voice because I've always been a fan of her pantamime acting. This puts me into a very strange position because I like the Disney Fairies franchise. (I know, it's a guilty pleasure.) But I like the Japanese voices for the characters. They are cute, but they don't try to be overly cartoony-cute like the samples I heard from the states.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast