• Resident of the Caldera

Has Anyone Bought Double Tickets to Double Up on FastPasses?

From the crowds I see in TDLFAN's photos, I am considering a plan for my trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort the week after next and was wondering if anyone has ever done this.

I want to buy myself TWO 4 day parkhoppers. I use the first one to enter the park, do the rides that need to be done immediately and get my first FastPass, then exit the park. (As I recall, your ticket doesn't get scanned when you exit.)

Then, I reenter the park using the second park hopper. I now have two active parkhopper tickets and get double FastPasses. Working the two passports in tandem, and not paying attention to the (unenforced) return times, I think it would be possible to get FastPasses for every ride in the park on a given day.

Anyone tried this before?

• Banned User

Re: Has Anyone Bought Double Tickets to Double Up on FastPasses?

I am sure it can be done. They don't scan tickets on the way out (which park does that? CA?) and all you need is a handstamp and your used to ticket if you return thru the "re-entry" line. However, do you really want to pay double the amount of money to spend at the parks 2 days only, when all you gotta do is get up early both days and take advantage of entering the park within 20 mins opening time??? Seems like a waste on money on your part.

I've done both parks before on about 8 different trips. It seems busier now, and even by getting there early (which I always do), and using FastPasses well (which I always do), some days the lines are so long by 10 or 10:30 am that you can't fill in your time between FastPasses by going on rides ... the lines are just too long. I won't wait on a line that's longer than 35 minutes or so, and have pretty much always avoided this by using FastPasses efficiently and filling the time between with other attractions.
    But if it's going to be as busy as it has been recently, then being able to double up on FastPasses will mean the ability to hit a lot more attractions in one day.

• Banned User

If you can afford it, then more power to you.

• Lost in Wonderland

Sounds like a good idea for the busy season when you have limited time at the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If you can afford it, then more power to you.
    For an overseas visitor the incremental cost of an extra admission ticket is a tiny addition to the overall cost of a visit to TDR. The benefits you get (i.e. twice the number of FastPasses, plus two attempts at winning the castle forecort stage show lottery) far outweigh the incremental 1% or 2% you're going to add to the cost of the trip. I've considered doing just this myself in the past, but never got to the point where I felt I really needed to.
    Last edited by SuperDry; 04-09-2009 at 10:10 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
    I've considered doing just this myself in the past, but never got to the point where I felt I really needed to.
    That was exactly the point that I was trying to make, it may not be necesary to go that, but and I am not advising him to refrain from doing so.. If he wants to spend the money in order to make his time more productive, then he should.

Cheers, SuperDry--my feelings exactly. When you add the cost of airfare, other transport, hotel, and food all together, the cost of buying a second four-day park hopper is pretty inconsequential.

• Banned User

And where are my 'cheers'? I told you first to go ahead and do it, did I not?

One small warning, don't expect the return times to be "un-enforced"..they are much stricter at TDR than elsewhere.

In particular exactly HOW late you are seems to matter too, if you arrive a few minutes late or even a half-hour, you may simply receive a disapproving glance. But I've heard of cases where if you try to return hours later, you are outright refused.

Personnally I would never do that. Even in the busy season I can hit most the E tickets at DS, Disneyland is a bit trickier. Just get to the park slightly earlierer than everbody else!

I've never ever had a CM at any park (including Tokyo Disneyland) refuse to allow me to use a FastPass even when returning hours after the return time. I've read that it happens once in while, but it hasn't been my experience.

And, TDLDAN, cheers to you as well.