Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Mini-Report from The Tokyo Disney Resort for Monday and Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    TDS closing JTTCOTE for maintenance june 1st. Hmmm, I wish management at WDW took notice and did the same for Everest in DAK which is in bad need of maintenance and some improvements.
    True, and I agree with you...they should...

...the difference is of course that there is so much else to do at TDS that guests will not feel shortchanged even if JTTCOTE is closed.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post

...the difference is of course that there is so much else to do at TDS that guests will not feel shortchanged even if JTTCOTE is closed.
    That is no excuse, it isn't like WDW has a dead month. February is a perfect time for a 3 week closure.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post

Sorry but I disagree with you. DAK has enough to do for everyone in a single day. This is not a half day park anymore like it was when it opened.
    And if that is a problem, then too bad. There are 3 more parks to spend time at. Besides.. there is always a percentage of people who will not ride a coaster, so to me..Everest closing for a little while to improve the show would be worth it in the end.

Then again, WDW's management is full of idiotic ideas in order to "not disappoint the guests" like sending the face characters out with unbrellas to do the parade during torrential downpours in the summer months.

• Resident of the Caldera

Crowds definitely picking up a bit today, Friday, however even with Spring Carnival, things were very manageable in DisneySea.

Spring Carnival tends to suck up guests already in the Parks. It was packed around Med Harbor today for the first performance at 11:50am. The rest of the Park after lunch wasn't very crowded.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Fukai, thanks for the updates. It's quite the interesting juxtaposition to read just how crowded TDR could get just as the 25th Anniversary was coming to an end and then to read your mini-report to find out that it wasn't nearly as crowded.

TDLFAN, totally, got it right. The Spring Carnival event will bring some guests to the park, and Golden Week has the potential to really bring the crowds to the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    I'm hoping that with Golden Week over and the Japanese kids still in school, the crowds should be manageable. We (me and my girlfriend) are staying with her sister in Yokosuka--it's the only way I could even afford the trip--so I'm going to have to struggle to get them out of bed and to the park early to run and get fastpasses first thing for Pooh and Monsters.

My girlfriend's sister is clueless about the place, she thinks it's just some rinky-dink half-park worth half a day. She'll see

And I specifically planned and bought airfare to get there before Journey to the Center of the Earth goes down for refurb. It's one of the rides I'm most anticipating; I love me some dark rides, and count them as credits just like coaster fans do.
    Since your staying at Yokosuka, your really going to need to get up early. If your taking the trains/subways, I would try to check the train/subway schedule and plan for an early departure. I think Yokosuka to Maihama is quite a long ride. It's definitely more than an hour and possibly two hours.

By the way, I completely understand staying with your girlfriends sister in Yokosuka during your stay in Japan despite the long distance from TDR. When I am every able to return to Japan, I'll be staying a similar distance from TDR (in Ome-city).

I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to change your girlfriends mind once she gets there. It was also really smart to plan to get to TDS for Journey to the Center of the Earth before it goes into refurbishment. It's something that I wouldn't want to miss, too!

• Miss Bee Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Currently I'm shooting for either the 26th and 27th or 27th and 28th. We won't have a long time in Japan, but it may also be the only time I'm ever out there, so we're making a point to see TDR for at least 2 days.

I'm hoping that with Golden Week over and the Japanese kids still in school, the crowds should be manageable. We (me and my girlfriend) are staying with her sister in Yokosuka--it's the only way I could even afford the trip--so I'm going to have to struggle to get them out of bed and to the park early to run and get fastpasses first thing for Pooh and Monsters.

My girlfriend's sister is clueless about the place, she thinks it's just some rinky-dink half-park worth half a day. She'll see

And I specifically planned and bought airfare to get there before Journey to the Center of the Earth goes down for refurb. It's one of the rides I'm most anticipating; I love me some dark rides, and count them as credits just like coaster fans do.

What days are you planning on going, Bee?
    You are right that some of our days will be in Tokyo---we head over to the parks on May 28th (evening). It sucks that part of our time there is on a weekend...but...I just knew that if we went out to the parks first, I wouldn't want to leave to visit the glorious city of Tokyo. I know me. Once I am at a Disney Park--I don't want to leave to go anywhere else (my husband and daughter had to pry me away from Disneyland Paris--to go back into city and to catch our train to London).

I told two of my daughters, if they want to go back into Tokyo once we get out to TDR--they can go back for a day or so. But, I know I will want to stay right where I am at.

And--whew--we are getting to TDS just in time before the JTTCOE closes!! We plan on doing TDS the first few days there--then to TDL the last few days at the resort (non weekend days to have --if possible--lighter crowds).
    Last edited by Aunt Bee; 04-24-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

I had the good fortune to eat at Club 33 in Tokyo Disneyland during my trip ... friend of a friend, etc. It is completely and utterly different than Club 33 in Anaheim. The food was superb--fine nouvelle cuisine.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I had the good fortune to eat at Club 33 in Tokyo Disneyland during my trip ... friend of a friend, etc. It is completely and utterly different than Club 33 in Anaheim. The food was superb--fine nouvelle cuisine.
    Was that during the 25th anniversary on April 15th last year? Because I am told the Club 33 at TDL is only opened to sponsoring companies at TDR and not the regular fangroups as is the case with DL's as well.

No, I ate there last week.

I have a friend who has some "juice" in the Disney company and was able to secure me a reservation.

Good for you Fukai. Last time I was in Club 33 was a couple of years ago. And I got in because my ex-boss went to school with the mayor of Urayasu. Hahaha.

Are you back in the States now or still in town? Shoot me an email will you please? The address is in my signature below. Thanks.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Miss Bee Taylor

I've been lucky enough to dine at the Club 33 in Anaheim several times. The food there is not cuisine around--especially for the prices you pay. I figured we were paying more for the atmosphere than anything else.
    (a friend of mine is a member--so we go every so often with her and her husband).
    WDW-July 2010

Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

The Chateau Briand in Club 33 in Anaheim is pretty damn good. And you can't beat the price: it costs less to eat in Club 33 than it does to buy a single day park hopper, and you get a park hopper ticket free for every person in your party!

• Miss Bee Taylor

The Chateau Briand in Club 33 in Anaheim is pretty damn good. And you can't beat the price: it costs less to eat in Club 33 than it does to buy a single day park hopper, and you get a park hopper ticket free for every person in your party!
    Goodness, my last post didn't make much sense did it?

I have eaten at Club 33 (Disneyland-Anaheim) several times (never for brunch though--only dinners)--and I am sorry to say that is has been some of the most sorry food for the price. The creme brulee was pretty darned good though (and my daughter loves their lobster bisque). But--sorry--I felt their steaks were kind of on the tough--side (and that is usually what I have ordered each time).

But again--I wasn't really there to eat the best meal in the world. I have gone for the great company & atmosphere. Having a 'free' ticket is just a souvenir for me. I have an PAP anyway...
    WDW-July 2010

Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

Wow, I remember going there around april and seeing the same thing. Thats great how low the crouds are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast