• Will return Soon...

Talking Off to Tokyo May 24th-30th The Planning has begun

Well After the quick purchase of rediculouly cheap flights from Melbourne to Toyko, I've planed out my qucik Week Stay in one of the greatest cities in the world Tokyo!

My Itinary is-

May 24th- Arrive, Check in Hotel
    May 25th- Tokyo DisneySea
    May 26th- Tokyo Disneyland
    May27th- Tokyo Disney Resort PArk Hopping
    May 28th- Tokyo- See a few Shrines and Temples, Visit Akihabara, go to Tokyo Tower, go to Roppongi Hill, General Looking around
    May 29th- Geek Day, Sony Building, Odaiba Island, I loved this area last time, check out the Panasonic Centre, Sega Joyopolis, Shopping, Then off to Shibuya check out a few things, Find the place i got my Nike Air Forces last time get some more. Have a bit of a look round Shinjuku Genral touring again today.
    May 30th- I Fly out at 9pm so In the morning going to take the train down to Yokohama, Have a look round, visit the Raman Museum, then head back to Tokyo if got time just some last minute looking round near the hotel. Then off to the airport. Home :-(

So its a bit of a whirlwind trip. But seeings as i was only there in September 08, I spent 2 and a half weeks in Japan then so this is Just seeing a few things i missed last time and of course getting my TDR fix.

So I just have a couple of Questions-

Rail- Looking around looking like i will get a Sucia Card at the Airport. As they have a deal for 3500yen you get the Suica Card, A one way trip on the Narita Express and the Suica Card with 1500yen credit after that. So that is looking like the best deal and i will just chuck on credit on the Card at the Station throughout the week. As i have my Brother with me who has never traveled OS, the Sucia Card seems eaiser then trying to get him to understand the Ticket machines and figure out what length ticket to get each time. And the Sucia Card Trips cost the same as paying for a ticket anyway, just seem like less hassel.

Last time I used a Rail Pass but didn't seem cost effective this time as I was not using any Shinkensan Trains were these make the cost worth while.

Unless anyone has any better options for Travel from the Airport We need to get to Shinjuku Station, as were staying about 5 min walk from there.

Accomodation- Were staying in Shinjuku, I know not the best spot for visiting TDR from but the hotel is nice and the deal was really good. So just get up earlier to get there an hour before opening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good places to eat, little gems, or some less know places to visit that we shouldn't miss.

Really Excited for this trip great to not have a long build up of waiting for once! Only 16 Days to go!

Re: Off to Tokyo May 24th-30th The Planning has begun

I would do Tokyo Disneyland and then Tokyo DisneySea

^^ Agree with Brisal73 there. Do Tokyo Disneyland the first day, then Tokyo DisneySea the second day.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Miss Bee Taylor

We'll be in Tokyo the same time as you (we're from the San Francisco area)!
    But--we are visiting the city of Tokyo our first few days--then heading out to the parks on May 28th in the evening---

Sorry that we'll miss you out there...
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• Resident of the Caldera

You might find the biggest hotel near your hotel and see if the Airport Limousine bus goes there. That will cost you about $25 a person, and it's easy to get a taxi from that large hotel to yours (which should be within ten or fifteen minutes away).

• Will return Soon...

Thanks for the imput guys! Reason im doing Disney Sea First is my brother is coming with me and he isn't interested in TDL at all, but from what his seen on TDS he really wants to visit it for the detail and atmosphere. I would normally go TDL then TDS, but its more of a shock my bro wants to go to either!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    You might find the biggest hotel near your hotel and see if the Airport Limousine bus goes there. That will cost you about $25 a person, and it's easy to get a taxi from that large hotel to yours (which should be within ten or fifteen minutes away).
    Thanks for that, we have looked at that and it actually stops at our hotel (Shinjuku Washington) I may look at using it to get back to the Airport. as the Suica Card deal is a good one (works to only about $20 for the train trip to Tokyo, then also get the same as credit to use)

Can't Wait 2 Weeks to go!

• Will return Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee View Post
    We'll be in Tokyo the same time as you (we're from the San Francisco area)!
    But--we are visiting the city of Tokyo our first few days--then heading out to the parks on May 28th in the evening---

Sorry that we'll miss you out there...

Ah! So Close Well Hope you have a great trip! we seem to be doing a similar trip just opposite ways :-p

• Will return Soon...

Quick question,

Of course the plan of attack is to get in to TDL first go straight to Monsters Inc for a Fast Pass, now which direction is the best to get to this queue? should i high tail it down to sid est to the front of Monsters Inc, but i have a feeling the MAchines are in a different place.

Can anyone tell me the best route to get into this queue fast for a FP. Then we plan to get over to Pooh.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Off to Tokyo May 24th-30th The Planning has begun

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
    Rail- Looking around looking like i will get a Sucia Card at the Airport. As they have a deal for 3500yen you get the Suica Card, A one way trip on the Narita Express and the Suica Card with 1500yen credit after that. So that is looking like the best deal and i will just chuck on credit on the Card at the Station throughout the week. As i have my Brother with me who has never traveled OS, the Sucia Card seems eaiser then trying to get him to understand the Ticket machines and figure out what length ticket to get each time. And the Sucia Card Trips cost the same as paying for a ticket anyway, just seem like less hassel.

Last time I used a Rail Pass but didn't seem cost effective this time as I was not using any Shinkensan Trains were these make the cost worth while.

Unless anyone has any better options for Travel from the Airport We need to get to Shinjuku Station, as were staying about 5 min walk from there.

Accomodation- Were staying in Shinjuku, I know not the best spot for visiting TDR from but the hotel is nice and the deal was really good. So just get up earlier to get there an hour before opening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good places to eat, little gems, or some less know places to visit that we shouldn't miss...

Quick question,

Of course the plan of attack is to get in to TDL first go straight to Monsters Inc for a Fast Pass, now which direction is the best to get to this queue? should i high tail it down to sid est to the front of Monsters Inc, but i have a feeling the MAchines are in a different place.

Can anyone tell me the best route to get into this queue fast for a FP. Then we plan to get over to Pooh.

I think Suica is the way to go. Way less hassle and since you're only sticking around Tokyo with no shinkansen, it probably does work out to be just as cost effective if not better than the Rail Pass. It will free you up to take any train lines, not only JR. Even the TDR Monorail uses Suica now.

ABSOLUTELY be there AT LEAST an hour before opening if you want to ride Monsters, Inc. I'm not sure which gate is the best. Perhaps the Castle gate, though. From any of them, you have to literally RUN from the entrance around the central courtyard and over to the attraction. The FastPass machines are next to the attraction, but you can't just run to it; you have to do the circuit around the Castle Forecourt. I suggest going for the FastPass, not the Standby queue. If you're very lucky, maybe you can even get the FastPass very quickly and then head to the Standby line. You'd have to be VERY lucky for this to really be effective, though. The Standby line will probably already be so long as to not be worth waiting in with your FastPass, but it frees you up to do something else. Good luck!

Junkadelic in Naka-Meguro is the best Mexican, best atmosphere restaurant in all of Tokyo for my money. It's a bit out of the way, though, I guess.

Homework's Pantry is also very good, healthy, and has two convenient locations in Roppongi (in the station) and Marunouchi (near Tokyo/Yurakucho Stations).

If you're going to Yokohama, be advised that this year is that city's 150th anniversary celebration! There is a LOT to do there, but in my opinion La Machine's giant spider puppet is not to be missed, so try to go on a weekday when it walks the streets! I know your schedule looks pretty set, bigglesworth. I think you can still see the spider at the Red Brick Warehouse; it just won't be walking around.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-14-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: May 30 is unfortunately a Saturday.

• Will return Soon...

Well in Tokyo finally! Lovely thunderstorm to start the night. But off to Bed gotta be up bright and early for TDS!!

Thanks again for all the help from everyone!

• Central Florida

Well in Tokyo finally! Lovely thunderstorm to start the night. But off to Bed gotta be up bright and early for TDS!!

Thanks again for all the help from everyone!
    Have fun! Report back in detail when you get a chance.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Will return Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
    Have fun! Report back in detail when you get a chance.
    Thanks!

Just a quick update, about to head off for the day at Tokyo Disneyland! beautiful weather, DisneySea was pretty low yesterday! got on everything a few times!

Been a blast so far, will report in full here when i get home, but i have my personal site with some pics http://web.me.com/bryce_marley

• Banned User

Lovely thunderstorm to start the night.
    Only one? We had four lovely thunderstorms at WDW today!

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I would do Tokyo Disneyland and then Tokyo DisneySea
    Good idea.

I went there in May last year and it was EMPTY at DS. You should have lots of fun