Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cinderella Attraction and Toy Story Mania! Coming to TDR

This information was just released by OLC:

URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that two new attractions are scheduled to open in Tokyo Disneyland Park and at Tokyo DisneySea Park. Opening in 2011 inside Cinderella Castle in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland Park will be a new walkthrough type attraction themed to the Disney classic film Cinderella. At Tokyo DisneySea Park, the new attraction Toy Story Mania! will open in 2012 in the themed port of American Waterfront.

JTCEnt.com News Page:
    http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_090507.html

OLC Press Release (PDF FILE):
    http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20090507_02e.pdf
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Will return Soon...

Re: Cinderella Attraction and Toy Story Mania! Coming to TDR

Wow! I'm intrigued by the Cinderella Walkthrough, as i have never experienced the original.

Still gotta wonder about Toy Story Mania for TDS. I have no doubt with OLC's Money and commitment to the Show it will blend in wonderfully, I'm assuming, as rumored in the cape cod area of TDS. I really hope they pull it off. But can't help feeling concerned.

EDIT: Ok looked at the Press Release, which contains concept art for both attractions. The Ballroom for The Cinderella Walkthrough looks beautiful, and the Concept art for TSM, Looks very nice, looks like a romanticized version of a nice waterfront Amusement Park/or carnival. Minus the entrance to the actual ride the surrounding area looks beautiful in the concept art.... It's actually EXACTLY what most of the pier at DCA should look like!

Also by the looks of it I'm thinking this might end up in between the buffet and the Sailing Ship Columbia it looks like a new Alcove type area. I like it!, I Love that they create an entire sub-area to make the theme of the ride fit nicely instead of shoe horning the ride in, completely out of place. I think this might actually work... I Heart OLC!

Guess ill have a better idea once i experience TSM in October.
    Last edited by bigglesworth003; 05-07-2009 at 05:03 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Interesting, very interesting! In the next few years it looks like TDR is adding quite a few nice attractions. Sure, all but one are clones from other parks, but if anybody can make them stand out from the pack, it's OLC. The Cinderella attraction sounds interesting, and very appropriate. Much like the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough at Disneyland. The ballroom concept art looks nice, but it doesn't quite look like the film version. Still, it's very good that they are actually using the old space for another attraction rather than turn it into a shop, restaurant or sit unused.

Toy Story Mania looks like it's going to not be in Cape Cod after all, and sandwiched between the two areas. That's good as it will be a nice transition from the rougher New York area to the quiet and subtle Cape Cod. The concept are looks nice, and it does look like a very classy hybrid of DCA's Paradise Pier and DAK's Chester & Hester's area.

I had always hoped the Castle Mystery Tour, with its uniqueness, great fx and AA, and original storyline, would one day return. I'm sorry to hear that is being permanently replaced.

But I'm relieved that TSM is going into New York with an exterior based on turn-of-the-century Coney Island (http://www.monoclecreative.com/Auc/-...eylunapk/1.jpg) rather than getting shoe-horned into the sleepy fishing village of Cape Cod. Looks like BlueSkyDisney and others had it wrong.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Interesting.. to take the Sleeping Beauty concepts and rework them for the Cinderella castle. Sounds like a solid addition.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Toy Story Mania looks like it's going to not be in Cape Cod after all, and sandwiched between the two areas. That's good as it will be a nice transition from the rougher New York area to the quiet and subtle Cape Cod.
    The only empty space to build this attraction is in the corner between Broadway Theatre and ToT, past the Waterworks bathroom building. I don't think it will be sandwiched between the two areas.

Hey there's a reason it's called "Blue Sky"...

That's when it's in the concept phase. When BSD reported it a while ago it may have been going in there. Things change, plans evolve. And they didn't get it totally wrong. They've said it was going in the American Waterfront, which it is.

"but it appears to not be going where some people have thought. Most thought that it would be wedged somewhere in the Victorian themed New York area of this section, when it will most likely be placed in the nostalgic and decidedly more rural Cape Cod section. Again, this is still in the early stages, so things could change."
    That was over five months ago and a lot could have happened since then. I've found BlueSkyDisney a lot reliable than most other sites and they always add that things could change. For all we know it could have been WDI or the Oriental Land Company that made the decision to put it there.

ImagineerWarrior
    Last edited by ImagineerWaryur; 05-07-2009 at 02:33 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

Four planned attractions opening in the two parks--great news.

What announced attractions do we have coming up for: Disneyland? Zip.
    Walt Disney World's FOUR parks? Zip.
    Only California Adventure is getting any love in the US.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, there are attractions for Disneyland in the works, but nothing has been made official yet. I think most of the focus over there is on DCA first, which makes sense. They need to relaunch that park, and they shouldn't do anything to distract from that.

• You have much to learn...

Toy Story will be much better in American Waterfront than in Cape Cod- yet I still think they should do some sort of Duffy attraction other than a meet & greet knowing how popular he is there.

Hopefully someday WDW & DL will take notice of all that TDL does to improve their parks & follow their examples. But I also hope that TDR starts creating original attractions, rather than copying from existing rides and attractions.

Theres so much more they can do with TDS- I would hope they would venture forth and build some area dedicated to Atlantis somehow.

I'm sure the Castle will be beautifully detailed and I'm sure that they will take Toy Story mania to the next level.

Just watch... TSMM will be amazing and completely different than the two EXACTLY the SAME clones here in the states. There's OLC vs. Disney for you.

The Cinderella Castle walk-through will be interesting. I'm pretty sure there was a walkthrough in the castle before, maybe they are using that same tunnel system.

just make a full boardwalk section with wooden coaster....TSM and the Woody Coaster

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Toy Story will be much better in American Waterfront than in Cape Cod.
    Cape Cod is part of the American Waterfront. It's divided into two areas, the New York area and the Cape Cod area.

ImagineerWarrior

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well we've been expecting this, and I have to say other than the giant Woody face, I think the style looks good. The classic Coney Island look, IE themeing that Paradise Pier should have had all along. That being said...the transition from city to boardwalk will be short and really quick...I hope they can pull it off. The only plot of land open appears to be the one they used for construction HQ for ToT. In the corner.

However...here is what is blowing my mind: 11.5 billion yen. That's $115 million US. WHAT!?!?!?

Even with the new area development and themeing, that is an astounding amount. So I think it is safe to say it will be an improved upon ride.

And I am glad they are reopening the castle for something. It is much nicer when the castle is used for an intimate F/X laden walk through that everyone can enjoy instead of a harlot shop, restaurant and hotel room no one can stay in. I mean Cinderella isn't my cup of tea film-wise...but finally having an attraction dedicated to her...its about time. Maybe HKDL will step it up and realize what they are missing.

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Interesting, very interesting! In the next few years it looks like TDR is adding quite a few nice attractions. Sure, all but one are clones from other parks, but if anybody can make them stand out from the pack, it's OLC. The Cinderella attraction sounds interesting, and very appropriate. Much like the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough at Disneyland. The ballroom concept art looks nice, but it doesn't quite look like the film version. Still, it's very good that they are actually using the old space for another attraction rather than turn it into a shop, restaurant or sit unused.
    Agreed, does not look like this:

But still an original Cinderella attraction is always interesting and I'm sure it will be done well.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast