Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

"it's a small world"

I have never been to the park but I would love to see some photos of IASM! I love the attraction and would love to see this version of it and hear how it's different/the same.

Also, if I could use them for my site please let me know also. Thanks.

• Banned User

The ride itself is a mirror image to the one at WDW. Exactly alike in every respect. Only the boarding area differs as it is a dual boarding platform as opposed to the single lane as built at WDW. But the ride is just the same, down to the positioning of the sets, dolls and even color schemes.. I will send pics to you as soon as possible. I will also try to take some pics from DLP's IASW this Monday the 28th when I visit there.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The one big difference though between the TDL and WDW versions is that TDL has the Disneyland facade. So, outside it resembles Disneyland's, but inside it's the WDW version. Although now that WDW is updating their attraction, it will be different inside as well.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Also, while TDLFAN gathers his excellent photos, I found some from Chris' Tokyo Disneyland page that give you a general idea of what it looks like inside and out.

http://www.tdrfan.com/tdl/fantasyland/small_world/

• insufferable know-it-all

Someday I'll get far enough along in my Virtual DL site to put up IASW and my 80-some odd photos of it. However, seeing as I'm only on Main Street, I'd expect it to be a while.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi
    Also, while TDLFAN gathers his excellent photos, I found some from Chris' Tokyo Disneyland page that give you a general idea of what it looks like inside and out.

http://www.tdrfan.com/tdl/fantasyland/small_world/
    I've been to this site and it is really cool. He gives you a complete tour of the park. It feels like you're there.

• Banned User

Chris' site is great. I am glad Gurgi posted a link to it. His photos clearly stated what I mentioned on my post #2 up above.

Question

The one big difference though between the TDL and WDW versions is that TDL has the Disneyland facade. So, outside it resembles Disneyland's, but inside it's the WDW version. Although now that WDW is updating their attraction, it will be different inside as well.
    How is the inside different on Disneyland's IASW than WDW's or Tokyo DL's? Also, what is different on the updated version of WDW's IASW ride?

• Doing it with a flair

Great site! It makes me want to go there even more.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• Munchings & Crunchings

"How is the inside different on Disneyland's IASW than WDW's or Tokyo DL's? Also, what is different on the updated version of WDW's IASW ride?"

Well, the biggest difference between the insides of the WDW and DL attractions is that DL's is in a trough, and loads outside. WDW's ant TDL's is like Pirates, in that it's a boat on a track, and the water flows right up to the sets. Also, WDW and TDL load and unload indoors. Some of the sets are slightly different in the DL and WDW versions. I think that WDW and TDL's are farther away from the boats.

As for what WDW's will look like after the rehab, I don't know. The load/unload area will now look like the outside facade at DL and TDL, but as for what the sets will look like, I'm not sure. The one thing that will not change is that the boats will still be floating along like they do in Pirates, and not in a trough like at DL.

• Banned User

I agree with Gurgi... DL's IASW being the original features smaller boats that run on an elevated canal, similar to what a log flume ride canal is, while WDW's and TDL's boats are more on a pool and move thru the attraction by track, similar to the POTC setup. Also, Dl's sets are similar but designed differently and also positioned in different fashions as opposed to WDW's and TDL's twin versions, so at DL..you get a similar show to WDW's and TDL's but yet, it looks different in many ways. One unique aspect of DL's IASW are the blinking single lights found all over their sets, which are not found at WDW's or TDL's. Those two versions (and DLP's as well) have different type of lighting and other effects. DLP's version is an entirely different monster since it's a radical departure from Mary Blair's original IASW design. DLP's offer vastly improved lighting and projections with very lavishly done costuming for the dolls and very bright surrounding; a totally unique vision of IASW, which yet retains it's familiarity, and feel of it's three predecesors.

• Munchings & Crunchings

TDLFAN, do you have any photos of DLP's It's a Small World? It's the one that I know least about. I've seen the facade, but not really much of the inside. I was not aware that they changed it that drastically from the Mary Blair version. Now I'm curious.

if I'm not mistaken DL's Small World is also a longer ride with a few more scenes or at least a few more distinctions between the scenes

it's older and is the ride from the Worlds Fair that's in DL

I think I like WDW's "pool" just a bit better now though, I'm getting too tall and can easily see the bottum floor of the attraction (ceiling doesn't bug me as much) it used to not bug me when I was a little kid cause I was too short and would have to almost stand in the boat to see somethin but now

• Banned User

TDLFAN, do you have any photos of DLP's It's a Small World? It's the one that I know least about. I've seen the facade, but not really much of the inside. I was not aware that they changed it that drastically from the Mary Blair version. Now I'm curious.
    Actually I do and I will have them posted for you and BigPigletFan's enjoyment later tonight, along with pics from my trek into WDW today.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Actually I do and I will have them posted for you and BigPigletFan's enjoyment later tonight, along with pics from my trek into WDW today.
    Them photos' link is now posted in the Paris section of micechat. Go there now!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast