Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Re: Malin's TDR Trip Report May 2009

What beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I love that parade, I wish they would get one like that in the states with its beauty and diversity of its characters.

• Banned User

I can't no longer read this trip report. The picture sizes are too big and causes my PC to freeze badly. It took over 20 mins to load up and I have broadband!

• TheDisneyMagic

Fantastic trip report, loving all of the photos of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I can't no longer read this trip report. The picture sizes are too big and causes my PC to freeze badly. It took over 20 mins to load up and I have broadband!
    That is strange, at my end vBuletin is automatically scaling the photos smaller and to view the full size I have to click them. Is your screen resolution at a good rate?

• TDR and Japan fan

i can see the pics perfectly, they are cool btw.
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Resident of the Caldera

Looks like Malin had a dandy trip.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    get a new computer darling!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• You have much to learn...

Great photos & trip report Malin- Sounds like you had a great time as well- but how can you not in TDR.

It seems like a lot of people are going within the past few months- I'm counting down to my trip in about 5 months now.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Apologies about the delay folks but its time to finish my recap of my visit to Tokyo Disneyland.

Opening
    While I will be the first to praise the efforts of the parks operations team, I just donít understand its procedures during opening of the park. You have sat out side your gate a massive crowd waiting for the park to open, so why wouldnít you do what the other Disney parks often do and open up World Bazaar earlier so the crowd has something to do while waiting for rope drop. There may even purchase some food and merchandise items while waiting, and it would also result in a more organise flow than the usual and dangerous early morning dash you get. The mayhem each morning is just crazy and could be better organised doing it this way. On the positive side I do enjoy the Characters all coming out and warming up the crowd a few minutes before opening.

Food
    I didnít really notice a big difference in the selection of food available compare with previous trips, but no more Mickey shaped Burgers, a big surprise especially since Disneyland Paris has started selling its own take on the burger recently. Food portions still on the small size, and could be in many cases could be referred to as kid size portions, like the cup size for drinks. Also has the Resort started putting its prices up because I seem to go though a lot more money than I usually would do here.

Merchandise
    Iím not really in the target audience but I did purchase and find a few cool items. Items of interest for me were a great set of Monsters Inc figurines, some of the 26th Anniversary Monsters Inc related stuff like a Mickey in Cast Member costume. And I added a few titles to my media collection. Love how two of the previous stage shows have been released for purchase on DVD. By the way I made a point of looking but was unable to come across any issues of Tales from the LaughingPlace.

Attractions
    I was fortunate enough to get a few rides on my favourite signature attractions here are my thoughts on some of them.

* Big Thunder Mountain may not be as good as the version in Paris but in my view its not far of it. Love this attraction and its nice not to be knocked about like the death trap version in Orlando.

* Splash Mountain is best enjoyed on a hot day and Iím happy to report I took advantage of the heat and did multiple rides.

* This was my first time in Tokyoís Haunted Mansion that did not feature the Jack Skellington overlay and I enjoyed it, because the effects were all in excellent condition. While I have done the Haunted Mansion more times than I can recall, riding this version was like riding it for the first time. I felt the same way when it came to POTC and the Country Bears, so nice not to hear any clicking noises.

Fireworks
    Iím starting to question the point to the Fireworks, because most nights there end up being cancelled. Personally I would just scrap them as it saves disappointment. Most people end up leaving after them anyway so it doesnít end the day on a high note.

Right thatís my thoughts on Tokyo Disneyland out the way, next weíll move on to Tokyo and Mt Fuji.

• Miss Bee Taylor

Looks similar to a place I was just a week ago!!
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• Banned User

Are the Fireworks canceled that much?

• Not here to help

I think that opening World Bazaar before the park really opens is a great idea. They could have it running on low capacity having some place for snacks or breakfast open or something about an hour prior the opening of the park. For many visitors Mainsteet is something one passes by in a hurry to get to the rides.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

^^ Might get really congested though...especially if everyone was jostling for space in the half of Center Street adjacent to Monsters Inc.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Are the Fireworks canceled that much?
    I can't say for certain but going from personal experience, I would say the fireworks have been canceled at least 50% of all times I have waited to watch them. Maybe I just have bad timing but I doubt it. It seems every time there is a slight breeze coming from Tokyo Bay, the show is canceled. Not Management's fault here, but as a lot of Guest wait around for the fireworks before leaving, I feel it kind of ends the day on a sour note. Its not like either park needs the fireworks anyway, as both Dreamlights and BraviSEAmo are fantastic shows/parades and always end the night on a good note.

Might get really congested though...especially if everyone was jostling for space in the half of Center Street adjacent to Monsters Inc.
    It would be a problem but I am sure operations could come up with a solution to this.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

is Tokyo DL usually that busy?

Beautiful pictures, BTW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast