TDS 10th Anniversary Plans?

Any word yet on what the resort will be doing for TDS' 10th anniversary? I heard about Soaring and Midway coming... but I'm already a DLR AP. Any other idea of what we can expect regarding park offerings or celebrations?

Come fall/winter 2011, it may be time for a trip.

• Banned User

Re: TDS 10th Anniversary Plans?

Toy Story Midway Mania has been officially announced for 2012, but that date is tentative. I think we may see some major entertainment additions for TDS' 10th. It might be time to say bye bye to Legend of Mythica (so sad) and BraviSEAmo for a new show incorporated for the 10th Anniversary. I doubt any attraction will come then since they already announced a ride that opens after it.

Soarin' by the way, would have been over the Medditeraian if I believe correctly, not California.

• Resident of the Caldera

Soarin' is kaput for now.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

lets just hope they dont add world of color or little mermaid to Tokyo an come up with something more original

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

There is a strong rumour going around that World of Colour will be replacing BraviSEAmo. I don't see Legend of Mythica being replaced, but do expect new stage shows for Big Band Beat and Over the Waves. The 10th Anniversary is a long time away and I don't expect we will be getting official confirmation on the event until early 2011.

• Banned User

I still think it is a hunk of baloney that what we currently see coming to DCA will be coming to TDS. They might share the same theme and name, but no way in the world will they give the same experience.

Would they have to drain the sea if they were to recreate DCA's World of Color? Or do they have all they need already underwater?

• You have much to learn...

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it seems somewhat unlikely for a copy of the World of Color for TDS. I doubt they already have in place what is currently under construction in California Adventure. It would take too much time to wall off and drain the lagoon & I doubt the OLC would take that much time to detract from the overall show from their guests.

TDLFAN mentioned that they do wall off a small area of the lagoon for maintenance for Braviseamo. I don't even think the lagoon is deep enough for all of the equipment they would have to install- I don't remember the exact depth- but I think it's only somehwere between 4 and 6 foot deep.

They may do better bringing out a series of floating barges.

I could be nice if they do have some variation of the show- but I doubt it's going to be the same as the one they are getting in California- But I do know they would most likely come up with something even better and more spectacular given the time.