Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Don't mess with the duck!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort The Report!

Awesome TR! I am so looking forward to more.

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

Oh my gosh...I want to go back there again! Thanks for the trip report and the fantastic photos.

• Will return Soon...

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm finishing day 2 and will have pics and commentary up tomorrow night!

Thanks again!

• Will return Soon...

Talking Day 2-

Day 2- Tokyo Disneyland

Okay, back again!

Well today was an interesting one. Convincing my brother we had to get up at 6:15am so we could make the trek to TDR and be at the gate by 8am was surprisingly easy!

We got ready and left the Trains were much more bearable this morning to Tokyo Station as it was earlier then the day before and being jammed in the door barely. After making the walk across Tokyo Station to the Keiyo Line out to TDR we made it and were in line at about 8:05am for the 9:00am opening. 10th in line not too shabby.

Gates opened and I made the run for Monsters Inc. Listen to TDLFAN! That hour helps. It was fun to be in the crazy stampede and made it to the Fast pass machines at the starting formation of the giant queue for Fast passes. I waited a hole 30 seconds to get to the machine score!

Fast passes in Hand for Monsters Inc at 10am I met my brother outside Space Mountain which was in refurb. We made the walk over to Pooh which had a 5 min wait. However we spotted Scrooge out the front of Toon Town so we bypasses to their and got some pics with the characters in their Toontown gear. Had a look round, sadly Roger Rabbit was in Rehab too

We eventually made it to Pooh and was still at 5 mins, so we hopped on. I think my brother though I was insane wanting to go on the Pooh ride. His tune changed quickly after. He loved it and was amazed at the entire thing! This ride is incredible. Another regret my first trip was only riding it once. So I got it in a few time this trip.

After Pooh, we wandered round I got Fast passes for Splash and Big Thunder, as my brother wouldnít go on them, yes I was shocked and tried to get him on them, but in the end it was worthless so at least I got double fast passes for two days!

At this point my knee was really hurting. In the morning run to Monsters Inc I wreaked it somehow. And I was limping allot. Still being in my mind of being in the greatest place in the world I didnít let it stop me! We headed back towards Monsters Inc to use our fast passes.

The Haunted mansion was on the default 13 mins wait. So I said we should ride. The Haunted mansion is one of my favorite dark rides. Which I didnít even experience properly till my third trip to Disneyland. As the first two had the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. This is alright, but really dampens the ride IMO. The Haunted Mansion on its own is such a classic! I was very glad to ride it here. WOW! The maintance and lighting is perfect, as has been mentioned before. You canít see the skims!! And being able to translate the Stretching room narration for my brother, I think he thinks I have issues lol.

Ok we made it over to Monsters Inc. Ride and Go seek. Now I would be lying if this wasnít a pushing point to do this impulse trip. Monsters Inc is my favorite Pixar movie. I really enjoyed the DCA ride. Now the show building is perfect at TDL! Talk about like falling into the movie!! I really enjoyed this ride. The detail and elaborate sets were beautiful and the AAís floorless. The end scene is great too with the amazing effect with Booís door, very nice touch. Not as good as Pooh, but thatís hard to beat. A great addition to the park.
    I then proceeded to spend way too much money at the shop attached. I love TDRís unique merchandise!!! Combine that with my love for Monsters Inc. I was out allot of Yen very fast.

Here my brother and I split off for a couple of hours. My fast passes were up for Splash and Big Thunder. So we said weíd meet up in a couple of hours by Walt.

Making my way over to Big thunder through World Bazaar, My Knee was really playing my and I was struggling to walk on it. So I went to the Information board at the entrance to Adventure land and tried to ask where First Aid was. The first cast member couldnít understand me so she got another one who figured out what was wrong. I figured sheíd grab a map and show me where it was, which would have been plenty of help! Of course in my pain I must have forgotten where I was! Another testament to the magical cast members, she proceeded to personally walk me over to first aid in Tomorrowland. This really was wonderful. With her limited English she tried very hard and we had a pleasant conversation on where I was from is it my first visit, if I had done Disney Sea yet. She was great! Really warms your heart. And she was so proud of the parks especially TDS, she was saying how much she loved it. We got over to first aid and there was an attendant out front already waiting for me. THERE SO GREAT!! I cannot emphasize it enough. First Aid was as well top grade. They had translation books to ask me questions put on an ice patch, compression bandage and gave me an ice pack and I was on my way and feeling better to walk.

I headed back and jumped on Splash first. This was the ride I saw in a video when I was 8 or 9 and made me want to visit Disneyland. TDLís is the best version by far. The detail, maintenance and cleanliness of the attraction canít be beat. The Queue and loading area is the best out there too.

After this I hobbled as fast as I could over to big thunder and got in just a minute over the return hour for my fast pass. Another classic defiantly way better than WDWís (thereís was so rough last time I rode.) and just as good as DL.

After I went back and met up with my brother. I finally got my Monsters Inc popcorn bucket filled with Soy sauce and butter popcorn (YUM!) We jumped on Pirates next which is a close second to DLís version. Then jungle cruise, as I missed it in December. Of course had no clue what was going on but was still a great ride.

Sadly Western River Railroad was in Rehab, but it was pretty neat of TDL to have the Train sitting in the station so you could get a picture in it.
    We did the Tiki room, which is better than Floridaís (Really what isnít) but still pales in comparison to the original. The Stitch AA is impressive however. Then we played the shooting range and I got more fast passes for BTM and Splash.

While in Westernland the pleathera or characters came out to play. The Country bears, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, all in Western gear. Woody and Jessie. They were everywhere!! And in the Disney spirit we ran about grabbing pictures :-p Again canít say It enough the character interaction and connection here is so impressive Kudos to the cast once more.

After this we went and had lunch at the Queens royal Banquet. WOW this restaurant was so themed, Food was ok, but really we were eating there to look at it!

After lunch I dragged my brother on itís a small world as I said itís something everyone had to endure once! He survived and we split again for a couple of hours, I rode Splash and BTM again, Rode Pooh again and generally wandered around and soaked in the park. I must say after my first visit I wasnít sure how I felt about TDL I loved it but felt DL was better. After this visit I really fell in love with TDL and all the areas. This is defiantly the best DL style park (just edges DL in CA out)

At about 4 I met up with my brother and we jumped on the Mark Twain. The views from that area up to Splash are just beautiful. Its so hard to imagine just 20 minutes away is one of the busiest cities in the world.
    We then just strolled around got some pictures out front while it was quiet and rode Star Tours, Snow white and Peter Pan. Monsters Inc was sitting on only 60mins most of the day (think mid morning was its height at 80mins) Iím defiantly coming back late May next year!

We staked out my favorite spot for Dream lights about an hour before (Just on the pathway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, leading from the Hub.) there are benches by the entrance to the restaurant (in tommorwland, name has lost me) so I could stay off my knee and everyone sits on the ground so the views beautiful. Grabbed some Mickey nuggets and settled in for the Magic that is Dream Lights!

Dream LightsÖ What can I say that hasnít been said before! It is without a doubt the greatest Night time Parade there is. Itís the E Ticket of Parades! You sit there mesmerized, enthralled in the procession of lights and beautiful music, thinking it must be ending soon. Nope! It goes on for so long, but is never boring. The Performersí are working their hearts out and so committed to putting on the best show, as if itís there last (Like all shows/parades at TDR) I donít think I could watch the Electrical parade at DCA or Spectromagic at MK anymore! And the Cinderella Float. Well that is just what Disney is pure magic that make you warm and fuzzy inside. I can admit that float makes me well up.

After Dream lights we took our time leaving the park, we were both pretty wreaked and had already had such a fantastic day. I strolled about taking pictures of all the beautiful light painted areas. Did some shopping then said goodnight and began the Train back to Shinjuku. What a wonderful day!
    I should have my final day at TDR up this weekend (thank god for long weekends) My last day I Park hopped on my own as my brother wouldnít do more than two days when planning. And to be honest on my own was the best day!

Sorry this is so long! I just looked back, once I start thinking about it all I canít stop :-p And listening to Sinbadís on repeat isnít helping Itís been a week and all I want to do is return to TDR!

Pictures up in a min.gl
    Last edited by bigglesworth003; 06-04-2009 at 06:37 PM.

• Will return Soon...

Smile Day 2- Pictures

You know youíre here when you see the gateway

An hour Early Pays off! Listen to TDLFAN!

10th in Line!

The Rush to Monsters Inc Fastpass

30 Sec wait to get a Fastpass! That Hour early Paid off!

The Lovely cast!

Big Bad Wolf looking like a pimp! The Toown town costumes are bright and festive love the different costumes for so many areas around the park!

Scrooge decked out for Toon town as well

First Was Pooh with a 5 min wait
    A Family Pic

So Beautiful!

I want this!

A maid outside the haunted Mansion. I think she was surprised I wanted a picture with her.

Lovin The Haunted Mansion!

I havenít seen Paris in person, but this is the most stunning castle I have seen.

Very different then the vie in September No people!

My Favorite Donald Duck!

Ok, so I had never seen the White Rabbit out anywhere before! So at the cost of my Brothers picture with Goofy I had to get a pic! :-p

The view from Splash Mountain

Big Thunder

You love it or hate, it The infamous Curry Popcorn DELICIOUS!

Ok Allot of Characters today! They were everywhere and in the best themed costumes! Goofy!

Pluto, He had spent a good 5 minutes with this shy toddler with a leash on playing with the leash pulling him back, it was adorable. The commitment to the character and guest interaction canít be beaten at TDR!

Loving the Westernland Theme to the Costume. Thatís Disney Detail!

A Country Bear What?!?!?

Lunch, This Restaurant was Amazing

Hard to believe you just outside one of the worlds biggest/busiest cities!

I love lovelove! The Japanese So polite and organized, waiting for Jubilation!

Castle Shot time!

The Beautiful Gardens of TDL

This is how quiet the park was! This was the busiest today I think

I love this building, Monsters Inc is my favorite Pixar film. So I spent allot of money!

The sun is beginning to set

End of May is a great time to go Really Quiet, I managed a shot with no one in the foreground!

Dreamlights begins!

Iíve said it before, I wasnít a show and parade person in the parks, until TDR!!!

This float gives me goosebumps every time Pure Disney Magic!

And now some nighttime shots on the way out. This park always photographs beautifully. But Even moreso at night:

From the Hub up to World Bazaar

The Crystal Palace

World Bazaar and the wonderfully manicured gardens

World Bazaar Saying bye to the Castle for the night

Although not a Train Station just as magical entrance

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel at Night
    Thats It Sorry if its too much! its hard to pic just a few once i get started!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm just a little confused about the whole...Tokyo Disney parks. Disney Sea doesn't seem very...Disney. Is that the point?

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

Bigglesworth003,

I absolutely agree with you. I have never been much of a parade fan (other that the original Main Street Electrical Parade), but the Tokyo parks really know how to do it right. The japanese people love parades and their enthusiasm (both the performers and the guests) is infectious. Thanks again for the trip report.

Stitchy,

I think there was a concerted effort on the part of the designers to make Tokyo Disney Sea have a very different feel to it. It has it's Disney flavor, though, with attractions being based on Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. And the Disney costumed characters are present in the live entertainment. In think TDS is a bit like Epcot was in the beginning. If I recall correctly there was very little use of the Disney characters at Epcot in the early years. Make no mistake about it...the minute you set foot in TDS you know you are in a place only Disney could have made (with lots and lots of money spent by the Oriental Land Company). OH MY GOSH I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

{*sigh*}

One day. God willing, one day.

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Tokyo Disney Resort The Report!

Bigglesworth, these photographs are simply stunning. THANK YOU!

• Miss Bee Taylor

Your pictures are really nice.

I am busy going through our ton of pictures--it will take me a while....but I know they can't truly match your beautiful camera's...
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• Will return Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee View Post
    Your pictures are really nice.

I am busy going through our ton of pictures--it will take me a while....but I know they can't truly match your beautiful camera's...
    Aww thanks Aunt Bee! I can't wait to hear your report and see your pictures, Thats the beauty of photos everyones are different and tell your story!

Also thanks for all the kind words everyone! I will have the final day at Tokyo Disney Resort up shortly.

• Will return Soon...

Day 3- Park Hopping!

Day 3- Park Hopping

Ok, so my last day at Tokyo Disney Resort I was on my own. I started the day at TDL, I got there early about 1hr 15mins and was third in line!

Gates opened and I was through, instead of running to Monsters Inc again, I saw the line for a group photo with Mickey and Minnie, There were only 3 in the line so I joined it and grabbed a great pic with the big cheese and his Lady.
    After the photo, I took it pretty cruisey I got some pictures in the hub and made my way to Poohís Hunny hunt. 20 Minute wait so I grabbed a fast pass and got in line. Amazing as always, this may be my favourite ride in TDL; I donít think I will be able to ride another Pooh ride again.

After pooh was a great time for photoís no one was around the park! Got some great shots of a deserted Small world and Critter Country. I went straight to Splash Mountain and was literally a walk on! I canít get enough of TDLís Splash! It is the best there is; I rode it twice in a row! Gotta love the opening and everyone at Pooh and Monsters!!
    After my time on Splash, I started to head back to Pooh for my Fast pass. Stopped by The Haunted Mansion for another ride, then Jumped back on Pooh.

The rest of my time at Disneyland I just wandered around taking photos, and just soaking in the atmosphere. I left TDL at about 11am.

Before grabbing the Monorail to spend the rest of my day at Tokyo Disney Sea, I went for a wander through Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

This hotel is just majestic. The lobby is so beautiful I just spent 20 mins sitting there admiring all the details, from the glass elevator to the enormous dripping chandeliers, I could have spent all day sitting there if I lived in Japan!
    After my all too brief visit to the Hotel I jumped onto the Monorail and went round to Tokyo Disney Sea. On the way I got to see the Mickey head made out of traffic cones in one of the empty car parking lots. Itís things like that, that really put TDR leaps beyond the rest, and it really impresses me.

I arrived at TDS and the entrance was empty, soon realising that fairies primavera was on, which was great as I got some great shots of the entrance with few people around, including the Aqua sphere with no one around it! Nerdy I know! Also saw a little bit of Fairies Primavera, and was quite impressed for a special event they really do go all out! And the Music was insane! Really wish I bought the soundtrack now.

I decided it was time for lunch, and as I was alone I decided to check out one of the nice sit down offerings. Majellanís was a bit out of my price range so I went for Ristorante di Canaletto in Mediterranean Harbour. I had a great lunch and the cast were so attentitive and caring. I swear my drink never sat empty for more then 10 secs. I had the Sausage Pizza and Cheese plate. Both were great and my Waitress made sure everything was perfect.

After Lunch I went over to the other side of the park, Today TDS was dead; everything was no more than a 10 min wait, or a walk on! So I went on a ride rampage or sorts I got on to Indy twice, Raging Spirits, then I made sure a regret I had last visit wouldnít happen again. I rode Sinbad three times in a row (followed with another two before I left :-p) I Love this ride! The music is so perfect, Iím still not sick of hearing it 8 months after my first visit. The ride itself is of E Ticket quality (Like the entire park) the AAís are so fluid and the entire ride is so elaborate and colourful, I just wish more people would ride it.

Iíd time this well after wandering through Arabian Coast and getting my Chanudu and a quick pic with Aladdin (Unfortunately I didnít catch Abu!) I got back to Mediterranean Harbour in time to get a great spot for the legend of Mythica. Iím glad I caught every possible showing this trip. The Parades and Shows at TDR defiantly have turned me around; I was never a parade person, but nowÖ I love them!

After Mythica, I went to go see the 3:30pm Mystic Rhythms, which I was early for so went and rode Indy again a couple of times, including one ride with an entire Jeep to myself! On the way back to the Hanger Stage for Mystic Rhythms I got a quick photo with the other two calibroes. Then got in for Mystic Rhythms.

Ok I missed this show last time and was told that was a mistake so I made appoint to catch it this time round. It wasÖ Interesting. Didnít love it, got a little bored but the men it defiantly kept my attention, very nice :-D Had a great set and some great effects, loved the end fog. Still donít think Iíll see it again, but I can defiantly see how people would enjoy it, just not my thing.
    I swan by Mysterious Island after and rode Journey to the Centre of the earth 2 more times, with only a 5 min wait each. Seeing I was alone I took my time wandering around and made my way over to American Waterfront to take a closer look at the details, and ride Tower of Terror.

As seems to be the running theme today I ending up riding Tower 4 times in a row it was the deadest ride of the day! One ride included a elevator to myself! Was kind of creepy but I loved it! Pays off to take your time through the queue on your own.
    After my Mini Marathon on Tower it was about 6pm and I was getting tired and decided to start to wind up my day. I did however go back and ride Sinbad another 2 times and grab a ride on Journey one last time, almost didnít then thought, I donít know when ill be back one last ride on my favourite in the world would be a smart idea.

On my way out there was a crowd gathered staring at the aqueduct ruins, curiosity got the better of me and I joined, and figured out what this crowd of about 30 guests was looking at. A hidden Mickey in the wall!! I thought it was pretty funny how a crow grows all just staring at a wall was great!

On the way out I finished some shopping sat by the Aquasphere and said goodbye to the greatest Disney Park in the world, Tokyo Disney Sea.

Well that was the end of my three days at Tokyo Disney Resort. I must say this place is defiantly the greatest Disney Resort on the planet. Just thinking about those three days now three weeks ago brings a grin to my face I just canít get rid of! And Iím happy to know itís only 10 hours away!

Iíll post some pics shortly of today. And hopefully get a summary of the rest of my time in Tokyo and some pics in the next week and some final thoughts.

Photoís will come tomorrow too tired now to finish them all

• Will return Soon...

Talking Day 3- Park Hopping Photo's!

Day 3- Photoís

The Best start to a day at TDL 3rd in line!

Why youíre early!

The Mad dash once inside the gates beings

Ah I had to get it, both together couldnít resist. Really I am 25 :-p

The beautiful hub empty!

It was the perfect shot! A second morning is great to just take photos

Itís a Small World

Queen of Hearts Banquets

One day after Closing, the walls are up and hinting at whats to come

Poohís Queue

A Windy DayÖ

So Amazing in the ride

Why you shouldnít do drugs

Pooh was already getting busy just over an hour after opening

Monsters was like this all day I think

All gone by 10:20

Entrance to World Bazaar from Tomorrowland

I have grown quite fond of World Bazaar

Coming out the other side of World Bazaar, Adventureland

Adventureland

One last look before heading out..

The queue for Photos with Mickey and Minnie Now.

Hotel Guest Entrance to TDL

Tokyo Disneyland Station

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

This hotel freakin floors me.

Time to get to Tokyo Disney Sea

One last goodbye ☹

This is one of the best things Iíve seen. That is commitment to the magic, no matter what role your play.

Approaching TDS

Itís Hard not to smile at this

I really wish they sold their posters like DL, I would have come back with allot!

The entrance was empty

The entrance

Ahh thatís why it was empty. Fairies Primavera is on!

Quick walk by

Time for lunch, Nice setting for it!

Was Very nice

Photostich, can you pick the stuff up.

The streets of the Arabian Coast

The Legend of Mythica

The greatest Parade Ever!

Tower, looming over the park

I wish this sign was sold

The MiraCoastaís Wedding Chapel

Goodbye Tokyo Disney Sea See you next Year ☹

• Disappearing/Reappearing

wow. that hotel is gorgeous! And that wedding chapel...do people actually get married there? Or, is that just the stage name?

• TDR and Japan fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    wow. that hotel is gorgeous! And that wedding chapel...do people actually get married there? Or, is that just the stage name?
    yes when we were there we were entering the hotel and there was the bride in her dress getting in the chapel, and the family
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Minion

Re: Day 3- Park Hopping Photo's!

Thanks for the TR!

With regard to the picture below...do hotel guests have a separate entrance to Tokyo Disneyland park?

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post

Hotel Guest Entrance to TDL
    Down with the Hat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast