Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Will return Soon...

Tokyo Disney Resort The Report!

Well Iím back at home in Melbourne, itís been a bit over a day and all I want to do is return to Japan!
    This was my second visit to this amazing country, I last visited in September for two weeks and discovered this unique country, itís loving people, and broad culture.
    We arrived on May 24th at 7pm and ended up taking the Airport Limousine Bus, as we were tired and it was easiest. What I didnít know was the bust drove past Tokyo Disney Resort, I saw the Disneyland Hotel and got very excited! We stayed in Shinjuku for the week at the Shinjuku Washington Hotel. The Hotel was clean and great proximity to Shinjuku Station, quick walk. The Rooms were tiny, but this is Tokyo, and a business hotel, and lets face it we spent very little time besides sleep in our room.
    Iíll try to get this report up over the next week or two. I will cover:
    Day1- Tokyo Disney Sea
    Day2- Tokyo Disneyland
    Day3- Park Hopping
    Rest- Tokyo.

Okay first up! Tokyo Disney Sea!

• Will return Soon...

Day 1 Tokyo DisneySea

Day 1- Tokyo Disney Sea

We woke up early, the park opened at 10am. We arrived at the ticket office about 9:10am, and were in line about 9:15am. WOW! I was surprised we were about 30 people deep already, we had arrived latter in September and were closer! No big deal! Opening came and we entered! This was my Brothers first time to any Disney Park, and he has always been quite cynical on the Disney park thing, Till Now! He was floored by the detail in everything!

We headed straight to Journey to the centre of the earth; grabbed fast passes and jumped on straight away as well.

I love this ride!!! This is the pinnacle of Imagineering IMO. From the second you enter the queue to the second you walk out the exit it is a explosion for your senses! Iím in love with the vehicles especially they are just so cool! The ride as always was suburb, my brother liked it allot, heís not a fan of rides and would not ride too much sadly, (thanks to a bad experience on the terrible rides at Dreamworld here)

After Journey we headed over to 20,000 Leagues under the sea. This was closed last time I was here so this was my first experience; it had a 15 min wait. The queue was great loved the displays, the ride was all right. We had a side seat and had to duck allot to see everything. Being in Japanese we didnít have a clue what was being said! But the detail, as with everything in TDS was top draw!
    After this we went round to Indiana Jones, ad grabbed some fast passes. This is when my Brother said he wouldnít go on it! I tried to explain it wasnít bad or fast or any big drops but his a stubborn one and wouldnít budge! So the rest of the trip I got double fast passes for most rides (score!) At this point we separated I went and rode Raging Spirits a few times on single rider, (a great time saver on this ride) I always here this ride is rough! But I still havenít experienced it I found it quite smooth and love that every little effect still is running in full.

I went and used my fast passes for Indiana Jones twice and, must admit I had forgotten how much I love Indian Jones! The technology in this ride fascinates me and is one of those attractions that reminds you what Imagineering is capable of with the right budgets and without the idea of selling merchandise. After this, I picked up a snack a Cheescake thingy between Mermaid Lagoon and lost river delta.. Delicious! This was when I got the whiff of a wonderful popcorn Curry Popcorn!!! I thought it was only sold in TDL!! So I picket up a small box. Yummers!

Now after this we headed to Sinbadís Storybook Voyage. I love this Ride, one regret of my last trip was only riding it once. I have had for the past 7 months the song in my heap and playing properly everyday on my iphone. This attraction is classic Disney. It draws you in to the story and despite the language differences you know the story and connect to it. And the Music is just that 90ís Classic Disney (Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast etc) Another regret last time was not buying a Chaundu to take home :-P so I changed that!

After this we did another attraction I missed last time, the magic Lamp Theatre. Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie so the fact I skipped this last time was unforgivable. What a great Attraction, I always enjoy the 3D attractions and the combination of live action and 3D was well done, and the English handhelds were helpful.

Next we explored a bit, looked around Arabian Coast, my brother won a Stitch doll, did Fortress Explorations, took lots of photos, checked out Mermaid Lagoon.

We then wandered round American Waterfront the NY area, got my double fast passes for Tower then explored the SS. Columbia. Another part I skipped lastime was looking round this ship. WOW! Itís like a real ship, and a great place to get park photos. The weather was clear and sunny so a great day for photoís! It was over here I picked up the heavenly smell that wasÖ

STRAWBERRY POPCORN!!! I love this stuff!!

We bumped into Cruella De Ville on the way back to Mediterranean Harbour. The characters at TDR just go above and beyond with their personas. HUGE! Props to the cast in this regard. She was a Riot, demanding I kiss her hand, and then just wandering around asking everyone if they had seen her puppies! On a Side note, the character everywhere were just amazing, they connect with everyone so well, and take the time to bond and leave an impression and not just get the photo and move on. Also no carers! Its amazing especially with the way the guests push around to be next, granted we got in on it too! And so many random rare characters!!! LOVE IT!

We got to Mediterranean Harbour and secured our place to watch The Legend of Mythica! I can only say what has been said a million times. This is phenomenal! There is so much in this show, just when you think thatís it.. MORE! Iíve said it before, I was never a parade or show person, I loved fireworks and Fantasmic! but the parades MehÖ Well TDR converted me. Iím a sucker for Shows and this is my favourite daytime show. Again, the cast is so committed they make this show.

After the intoxicating fun that is Legend of Mythica we wend explored Cape Cod, this area is so nice and quiet, I do hope it gets an attraction and keep itís seaside country town feel. We went into the ĎDuffy Storeí for a laugh, and am just amazed at how loved this little guys is!

We then continued to Port Discovery and rode Storm rider, which my brother enjoyed but wouldnít do Indy!! I really do hope Star Tours 2.0 utilities this technology I love the portholes up the side very nice touch.

After this I spit from my bro and walked back as the return time was up for Tower. This is defiantly my favourite tower, I love WDW on but the story at TDS is so much richer then the Twilight story. And the Shirku idol is so cool! I do wish the drops werenít so tame but I understand why. Rode this twice then met my brother and we left to check out Iskpari for a bit.

Did some shopping and got some dinner at a weird fruit restaurant, which wasnít too bad.
    After dinner we headed back into TDS and just wondered around taking it all in, jumped on Journey another time and then staked a nice place for BraviSEAmo! Started to get a bit cool, but that didnít stop us waiting.

BraviSEAmo! Began and was still breathtaking I love the score for this show and the whole story. My Brother loved it too and between us took so many photos of it. I will be sad the day this show leaves as its so majestic. (Though it seems World of colour will replace it eventually, which thankfully does look quite spectacular.)

The fireworks were cancelled due to winds, which you could defiantly feel! We headed out then as we were pretty tired after the long day of flying the day before. Heading out taking in the nigh time beauty of Mediterranean harbour and of course doing some shopping :-D

It was a great day back at Tokyo Disney Resort and at the most beautiful Disney Park in the World.

I cannot say enough good things about the cast either. They are so good! Their commitment to their jobs and the roles they play is like nothing I have ever seen. Which can really be said about the Japanese people, they are the most helpful and polite people! They make you feel so welcome in their country. But I will talk more about Japan in general another day-

I will post some Picís from Day 1 Shortly

• Not here to help

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort The Report!

Cool!

Well what more can be said? DisneySEA is Disney at itīs best. Made in Japan!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Will return Soon...

Photo's Day 1!

Waiting to get into Tokyo Disney Sea, This woman infront had a Duffy bigger then her!

Beautiful Mediterranean Harbour

First ride of the Day, and the Best!

The effect of these is amazing

In the queue for 20,000 Leagues under the sea

Lost River Delta with Indiana Jones looming

Classic Disney Attraction

The Alleys of The Arabian Coast

The entrance to Arabian Coast

In the entrance to Mermaid Lagoon, King Triton I want this!

Just Beautiful

Youíve all seen this before!

A wander through The Fort

This room is spectacular!

Looking down on the pendulum room

The Beautiful Vistas seen from Fortress Explorations

McDucks Department Store

The Ultimate Tower!

In the Lobby

Shriku!!

2nd Pre-show Room

Hehehe No one is enjoying this!

Beautiful Broadway Theatre

The Columbia!

Hello! From the Deck of the Columbia!

Columbia with tower looming behind

Legend of Mythica Begins!

Mickey!

Hi Pluto!

Peaceful Cape Cod

Me and Mickey

Quick Step outÖ

I still am amazed its just a hotel

And were back!

Raging Spirits

Looks Amazing at night

Fire!

Mermaid Lagoon at night, Magical!

I want this!

Waiting for BraviSEAmo!

It Begins!

The water Goddess Emerges

I think the god of Fire is coming

Yep there he is

They Meet

The Dance begins

Love!

Boom!

Too much exposure whoops!

Finale!

The end to a Brilliant first day at Tokyo Disney Sea
    Tomorrow Tokyo Disneyland!

• Not here to help

WOW! You got some great pics there! I want to go back now!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Fabulous shots of BraviSEAmo!

It always amazes me what feelings of excitement TDS generates in all trip reports that I read. Not so for the other well known parks at WDW... EPCOT for example never creates this much excitement and admiration when people write about it..

• You have much to learn...

Terrific photos- thanks for sharing- Yet, you can't get any real bad shots of Tokyo Disney Sea since it's such a beautiful park. Looks like you had a great time.

• Disneymom

completely love it. Thanks for sharing.

• De la Terre ŗ la Luke

This report makes me want to go even more! Such amazing photos, thanks for posting them

sweet pics!....
    my heart is yours

• Central Florida

Great pics, Bigglesworth! Thanks for sharing.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• World Traveler

Awesome TR!! Thanks for sharing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

OH MY!! I WANT TO GO!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

OH MY!! I WANT TO GO!!!!
    2nd door on the left at the end of the hallway.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

harhar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast