hello there! touring alone?

Hello all,

I don't really know how to organize the writing of this post so after much typing and deleting, I'm just going to type.

Basically, I am a major Disney fan, I have been to WDW multiple times (the most recent only 2 weeks ago) and Disneyland multiple times as well, and I am moving to Japan for at least a year (doing the JET Program) in August. I really really really want to go to Tokyo Disneyland while I am there.

I have done reading on the subject already, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now with all of the information out there. This is not like my usual WDW trip where I already know where everything is and how to do it....

Mostly though I was wondering if you think I could have a good time by myself. I am a 21 (22 by the time August rolls around) year old American female. I have intermediate conversational Japanese ability and can read Japanese as well so communication doesn't bother me but... I'm worried about maybe getting weird looks because I am all alone. Also should I be worried about safety? Although I studied abroad in Japan for 2 months and I am quite familiar with the culture, the massive crowd reports are scary and I am just trying to see if this is a bad idea. Perhaps by the point I am ready to go I will know someone I can drag along... but who knows.

Thank you all for reading!

Re: hello there! touring alone?

As far as I know, as long as you use your common sense, safety won't be an issue. Of course, being a foreigner, you might get attention of others (not because you're alone, but since Japan is just so homogeneous you might stand out a little bit) but that shouldn't bug you! People are glad to help you out.

My advice is just to have somebody's contact in your phone just in case anything happens. =]

You should be fine once you're inside the Resort. Lots of young women visit TDR by themselves and some do it more than once a week! I don't think it will be a problem finding a Japanese girlfriend or two who'd want to visit TDL with you. Or if you'd like a local guide, message me. Read my private message for more info.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Moving.. just one piece of advice: stay far far far away from men who are into Duffy. Other than that, like Joe said.. you should be fine.

I am also wondering.. what is the JET program?