I apologize, this will be long. I've been reading and reading and I haven't had anyone to bounce thoughts off of aside from someone else who doesn't know anything, so I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
Some background info: we're going to TDR on Wednesday through Friday, June 17-19. We just visited Anaheim Disneyland last month and so we're familiar with the versions in DLR and DCA.
1) Are we able to purchase tickets at our hotel or only Resort hotels have that option?
2) If not, for sure we can purchase tickets at the Welcome Center at 7:30 AM? Do trains run that early that we can get there that early? Our hotel offers a shuttle but I'm not sure what the first one is and I want to make sure to be in line an hour before they open, however...
3) We're going to do DisneySea on the first day because it opens an hour later so it gives us some time to get to the resort area, but I would prefer to do Disneyland first. In my mind, Wednesday would be less crowded then Thursday, y/n or doesn't matter? We will use the parkhopper Friday by going to Disneyland in the morning and heading over to DisneySea for the rest of the day.
4) Which one would run out of FP sooner, Big Thunder or Buzz? Our first two FP will be Monsters, Inc. and Pooh. These are the only FP rides we plan to go on.
5) Is Jungle Cruise worth going on if I've been on the one in DLR numerous times?
6) Is there a "best" time to go to these attractions: Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer Island Rafts, Haunted Mansion, and Grand Circuit Raceway.
In DisneySea, our FP plan is as follows: ride ToT, then grab a FP Indy, FP Raging Spirits, and our last FP 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and in between, ride other rides.
7) Same as #6 except DisneySea edition: Stormrider (worth the FP?), Aquatopia, Sinbad, and Magic Lamp Theater (worth the FP?).
8) How do we ask in Japanese if we can wait for the next load to get the front or the back? We really want to get the best experience for 20,000 Leagues and Raging Spirits (although for this, we'd have to go on it to find out if we like the front of the back -- for Screamin' we always ask for the last row even though most people ask for the front.)
9) Are we supposed to take the monorail to DisneySea? I've read tips about walking to save time since it's such a short distance, but all the trip reports I've read talk about riding the monorail.
10) This is a money question. We're looking to exchange a large sum so we've been monitoring the exchange rate the last couple weeks. I've read on two different sites that it's better to exchange US$ in Japan since it's more favorable than doing it at home but that was last year. Anyone have any experience like that? We'd be doing the exchanging at the airport.
We have a Capitalone Visa, which shouldn't charge foreign transaction fees. If we decide to take the card along, we'll probably put half our money on it. Does anyone have any experience with the exchange rate with a credit card? How comparable would it be to using cash? I understand if the exchange rate continues going up while we're there, we would benefit, but if it goes down, we would've benefitted exchanging to yen while it was good.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for the help!