Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

JR rail between narita and maihama station

about how much does a one way ticket cost?

and how much is a ticket from maihama to downtown tokyo?

thanks
    Last edited by glenbot; 06-07-2009 at 11:12 PM.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: JR rail between narita and maihama station

There is no direct train from Narita to Maihama. You will have to either take the Narita Express(N'EX) into Tokyo Station or the Keisei Skyliner into Ueno. There are many other alternatives, but these are the most straight forward in my opinion.

There are several pricing options on N'EX. Best to just check out the websites.
    JR-EAST:Access to Narita Airport
    JR-EAST:Suica & N'EX

Here is the link to the Keisei Skyliner
    [KEISEI ELECTRIC RAILWAY] SKYLINER

From Tokyo Station you take the JR Keiyo or JR Musashino line to Maihama. The cost is 240 yen.

If you take the Skyliner to Ueno, you need to take the JR Keihin-Tohoku line to Tokyo Station and then transfer onto the JR Keiyo/Musashino line to Maihama. The cost is 290 yen.

An alternate route from Ueno would be to take the Tokyo Metro(subway) Hibiya line from Ueno to Hacchobori (160 yen) and from Hacchobori take the JR Keiyo/Musashino line to Maihama (210 yen).

If you do decide to buy the N'EX/Suica option for your trip from Narita to Tokyo, you can use the Suica card for your JR and Tokyo Metro payments.

Something else you didn't mention is the option of taking a bus. There is a direct bus from Narita to TDR (2400 yen).

Hotels in Tokyo Disney Resort (Maihama) Area⇔Narita Airport |Scheduled Services | Airport Limousine

The problem with the bus is that the last bus for TDR leaves at 5:05 PM. If you don't get in time for that bus, you will need to use the rail system or an expensive taxi ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    There is no direct train from Narita to Maihama. You will have to either take the Narita Express(N'EX) into Tokyo Station or the Keisei Skyliner into Ueno. There are many other alternatives, but these are the most straight forward in my opinion.

There are several pricing options on N'EX. Best to just check out the websites.
    JR-EAST:Access to Narita Airport
    JR-EAST:Suica & N'EX

Here is the link to the Keisei Skyliner
    [KEISEI ELECTRIC RAILWAY] SKYLINER

From Tokyo Station you take the JR Keiyo or JR Musashino line to Maihama. The cost is 240 yen.

If you take the Skyliner to Ueno, you need to take the JR Keihin-Tohoku line to Tokyo Station and then transfer onto the JR Keiyo/Musashino line to Maihama. The cost is 290 yen.

An alternate route from Ueno would be to take the Tokyo Metro(subway) Hibiya line from Ueno to Hacchobori (160 yen) and from Hacchobori take the JR Keiyo/Musashino line to Maihama (210 yen).

If you do decide to buy the N'EX/Suica option for your trip from Narita to Tokyo, you can use the Suica card for your JR and Tokyo Metro payments.

Something else you didn't mention is the option of taking a bus. There is a direct bus from Narita to TDR (2400 yen).

Hotels in Tokyo Disney Resort (Maihama) Area⇔Narita Airport |Scheduled Services | Airport Limousine

The problem with the bus is that the last bus for TDR leaves at 5:05 PM. If you don't get in time for that bus, you will need to use the rail system or an expensive taxi ride.
    Thanks Roger!

so if i did the first option its only 290 yen each way per person? =O

I did not list the prices for the N'EX or Keisei Skyliner. The 290 yen is from Ueno <-> Maihama each way per person. It is 240 yen Tokyo <-> Maihama each way per person.

If you follow the links I provided, one way N'EX is is 2940 yen for ordinary car and 4430 yen for Green car. If you buy the combo special for 3500 yen, that gives you 1500 yen credit on a SUICA smart card plus you N'EX ticket. Buying the combo you end up paying 1500 yen for your N'EX, having 1500 yen credit on your SUICA for your JR line or Tokyo Metro travels, and 500 yen deposite on the SUICA card that can be refunded to you at the end of the trip if you turn the SUICA card back in.

The Keisei Skyliner has varying prices based on the time of day. For the majority of the time the one way fare is 1920 yen. It is cheaper than then N'EX, but you have to remember it takes you to Ueno station. There you have to catch a separate train to Tokyo station and transfer there to Maihama (290 yen). It of course will also take more time this way. TOTAL COST for taking Skyliner is 1920 + 290 = 2210 yen.

IMO, buying the Suica/N'EX combo is the best deal if you plan to use the trains on other days while in Tokyo. Buy the Suica/N'EX special for 3500 yen. Take the N'EX to Tokyo station. Transfer to Maihama using 240 yen of the 1500 yen credit you have on your Suica card. When you get to Maihama, you still have 1260 yen credit on your Suica to use for your other rides on the JR or Tokyo Metro.

Oh one last thing. They have recently changed things at TDR, so you can also use your Suica card to pay for the Disney Resort Line (monorail).
    Last edited by Roger55; 06-08-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo spelling

Thanks! you are amazing.

i'm planning my trip right now and need to include all the transport cost.

when i saw the price of a 7 day jr rail pass my mind shattered at how expensive it was!

thanks for the info on this combo pass

I believe that you'll have to take the train downtown first and then transfer. The best thing to do is simply take the shuttle bus from the airport; that is only about $24/person.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom View Post
    I believe that you'll have to take the train downtown first and then transfer. The best thing to do is simply take the shuttle bus from the airport; that is only about $24/person.
    We want to take the train for the experience ahha!

Quote Originally Posted by glenbot View Post
    when i saw the price of a 7 day jr rail pass my mind shattered at how expensive it was!
    The rail pass is also an amazing deal. However, if you are not traveling far out of the Tokyo metropolitan area, it isn't worth the price of a 7 day Rail Pass.

Rule of thumb I tell people is...

If you are planning to travel round trip on the Shinkansen(bullet train) from Tokyo to Nagoya or beyond (Kyoto, Osaka, etc.), then the Rail Pass is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom View Post
    As I stated in my original response...

"There is no direct train from Narita to Maihama. You will have to either take the Narita Express(N'EX) into Tokyo Station or the Keisei Skyliner into Ueno."

and

"There is a direct bus from Narita to TDR (2400 yen).

Hotels in Tokyo Disney Resort (Maihama) Area&hArr;Narita Airport |Scheduled Services | Airport Limousine

The problem with the bus is that the last bus for TDR leaves at 5:05 PM. If you don't get in time for that bus, you will need to use the rail system or an expensive taxi ride. "

Am I using an invisible font or something???

As I stated in my original response...

"There is no direct train from Narita to Maihama. You will have to either take the Narita Express(N'EX) into Tokyo Station or the Keisei Skyliner into Ueno."

and

"There is a direct bus from Narita to TDR (2400 yen).

Hotels in Tokyo Disney Resort (Maihama) Area&hArr;Narita Airport |Scheduled Services | Airport Limousine

The problem with the bus is that the last bus for TDR leaves at 5:05 PM. If you don't get in time for that bus, you will need to use the rail system or an expensive taxi ride. "

Am I using an invisible font or something???

i saw it =O lol

• Lost in Wonderland

The Keisei Skyliner has varying prices based on the time of day. For the majority of the time the one way fare is 1920 yen. It is cheaper than then N'EX, but you have to remember it takes you to Ueno station. There you have to catch a separate train to Tokyo station and transfer there to Maihama (290 yen). It of course will also take more time this way. TOTAL COST for taking Skyliner is 1920 + 290 = 2210 yen.
    If you don't mind the trip to Ueno taking ~30 minutes longer and riding on a regular train, you can just take a Keisei Limited Express for 1000yen (total cost from Narita Airport to Ueno).

However, in my opinion, if you arrive in time to have the direct bus option, I would take that, especially if you have a few large suitcases to lug around. Each transfer means lots of stairs to climb with those heavy bags. (Not all stations have escalators or elevators). And traveling on the JR Yamanote Line (from Ueno to Tokyo) or on the Hibiya Line (from Ueno to Hacchobori) can be tough during rush hour. So if you have luggage, that's another good reason to take the bus instead.

Also keep in mind the station transfers:
    Keisei Ueno-> JR Yamanote Line Ueno (across the street, short walk)
    Keisei Nippori-> JR Yamanote Line Nippori (really close, but not sure if escalators)
    Keisei Ueno-> Metro (Subway Hibiya Line) Ueno (a bit of a walk)

JR Yamanote Line Tokyo-> JR Keiyo Line Tokyo (really, really, long, long walk. It's like you're walking to another station down the line)
    Metro (Subway Hibiya Line) Hacchobori-> JR Keiyo Line (average transfer walk)
    Last edited by Moving Sidewalk; 06-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    JR Yamanote Line Tokyo-> JR Keiyo Line Tokyo (really, really, long, long walk. It's like you're walking to another station down the line)
    How ironic that a poster named "Moving Sidewalk" left out that there are several moving sidewalks along the way that make it slightly easier to get from the JR Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku and N'EX platforms to the other side of Tokyo Station where the JR Keiyo/Musashino platforms are!

It is somewhat of a walk as Moving Sidewalk correctly pointed out, but it really isn't that bad. If you are doing it with luggage, just make sure that they are on wheels and you will be fine.

True that Roger55. Hehehe.

If I was bringing along luggage, I would choose the Tokyo Station long walk over the Hatchobori transfer. The most direct path between platforms at Hatchobori features long slopes and stairs with little elevator/escalator access. But then again, I might just be lazy. Hehehe.

Lots of construction going on at Nippori Station these days but there are escalators and elevators between Keisei and JR Lines.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Thanks for all the help! i plan on going in January when its colder. but to me its nothing. I'll be leaving -40 degrees Celsius and going to nice 0 degree weather

how are the crowds in January if i may ask?

• Banned User

With luggage or not, this is what I would do:

Take the Keisei Skyliner or the Keisei Limited Express train from Narita Airport to FUNABASHI Station. Walk 5 minutes to the JR Funabashi station (connected from the Keisei via escalators and bridge, easy to do with luggage), then take the yellow train one stop down to NISHI-FUNABASHI. Take elevator up to 3rd level and connect to Musashino Line to Maihama.
    The JR trip from Funabashi to Maihama is only 210 yen.
    The trip from the airport to Funabashi is somewhere between 700 yen (on the limited express) or 1,200 yen (if you do the faster Skyliner train).

The routing above is the fastest way from Narita Airport to TDR, and it is much cheaper than going to Tokyo station or Ueno station. Take it from someone who does the trains like a local man would.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast