Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• My liver hurts!

Re: Part 1-Aunt Bee at Disney Sea

OMG!! I love the pics!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Part 1-Aunt Bee at Disney Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee View Post
    I have to tell you DuffyDad--that we actually DID go on this site--and actually spent an afternoon on it! Hence, my daughter with Downs and I knew the storyline very well.
    But, while standing in the elevator waiting area the 2nd time to ride the attraction--a Cast Member heard me explaining the storyline to my other girls--he came over with a lovely printed handout detailing the whole Harrison Hightower/Tower of Terror storyline in English (great souvenir!). I thought it was great that my other two girls could 'catch up' with what the whole hotel was about.
    OMG! I want that!!!

• Banned User

All you have to do is ask any CM for it and they will bring you one. I have a copy of it myself. Sometimes I wish the US parks has such nifty little "experience helper" tools for japanese guests who visit the parks. At WDW especially, seems to me the japanese have a hard time getting around and unable to ask questions. Several times I have been a witness to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    All you have to do is ask any CM for it and they will bring you one.
    Is there other ride in TDR that provide such guide? Thanks.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    OMG! I want that!!!
    What a fun way to enjoy the ride...and then remember it afterwards!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    Is there other ride in TDR that provide such guide? Thanks.
    They did not have the ToT guide when I went a couple of days ago so they told me that they would have it at Guest Relations. They have an entire envelope with different pamphlets for the rides in English!!! It is very nice! I have not checked TDL but I bet they have pamphlets for the attractions there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bee View Post
    The three of us arrived around 11:00 am—and we went directly to the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center to hand over our luggage, and to check into the Sheraton Grande Hotel at Tokyo Bay.
    Here, we were given our room assignments and bought our 4 day passes to both Tokyo Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland.

Once the girls arrived we decided we couldn’t wait until the next day to go into Disney Sea—the MAIN reason I travelled all that way! In the hotel lobby, it was simple enough to by evening passes into the park (Starlight passes). My daughter with special needs decided to stay back in the room to relax, and so four of us headed into the park. We entered Disney Sea at 6:02 pm---and from that moment my jaw stayed dropped until we left the park at 10:00 pm.
    Aunt Bee, a bit confused here. You first mentioned that you bought 4-day passes, and first night using Starlight passes. From your trip report:
    29 May: TDS (using Starlight passes)
    30 May: TDS
    31 May: ?
    1 June: TDL
    2 June: TDL

I understand that you have to visit 2 different parks on the first two days for the multi-day passes, then can do park hopping from third day onwards. How do you actually utilise the passes?

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    They did not have the ToT guide when I went a couple of days ago so they told me that they would have it at Guest Relations. They have an entire envelope with different pamphlets for the rides in English!!! It is very nice! I have not checked TDL but I bet they have pamphlets for the attractions there too!
    Thanks for the information. Will certainly ask for that "envelope" when visit TDR next time

• You have much to learn...

I did get the Tower of Terror one, and I believe also one at Sinbad too- I do pick up the English guidebooks, as well as the Japanese ones each time I visit (since they are much nicer & have pictures of food & merchandise), but didn't realize they had the individual attractions guides at guest services- I'll check it out as well when I visit.

Thanks again Ichigopara- hope we can meet up again next time & more than just a few minutes. Nice to see you back & posting again.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    That's a great thing to know, and very helpful. I'll have to remember that when I make a trip...stop by guest relations!

• Resident of the Caldera

There are lots of printed "guides" to various attractions in English, or in English and Japanese. There is a set of four (all different!) for Fortress Exploration, four or five different maps (routes) for the Leonardo Challenge), one for Ariel's Playground in Mermaid Lagoon, the one you mentioned for Tower of Terror (my last trip in April was the first time I'd seen this) and the one for Sindbad. There should be one for Stormrider, however if you read the supertitles on the screens above you, you get the vital points of information.

The cast members do not always hand these pieces of paper/maps out automatically--sometimes you have to search for them. Ditto for the electronic translation devices like the one used for the Magic Lamp Theater. I have always had to request one from a castmember. I didn't even know they had one for the Little Mermaid show--thanks, AV! I'll try that in October.

It's interesting how the fact that one can't understand a language creates the expectation that more information is being transmitted than is actually the case. Initially I was somewhat frustrated that I had no idea what the narration was on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, however when my friend translated it for me (as we went through the ride on a subsequent visit), I discovered that the only vital bit of information is that you've expended all your power in shocking the giant squid and descend far down with no way to return to the surface until the mysterious creatures push you. Now I could see that we apparently lost power and felt a slight descent, and could also see that shadow on the wall of the creatures pushing our vehicle, but until my friend translated everything I couldn't put two and two together. But one sentence is all you really need to know.

Glad you had a great time!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Part 1-Aunt Bee at Disney Sea

I replied to this in another thread cos I thought it was becoming a separate topic.

• Miss Bee Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    Aunt Bee, a bit confused here. You first mentioned that you bought 4-day passes, and first night using Starlight passes. From your trip report:
    29 May: TDS (using Starlight passes)
    30 May: TDS
    31 May: ?
    1 June: TDL
    2 June: TDL

I understand that you have to visit 2 different parks on the first two days for the multi-day passes, then can do park hopping from third day onwards. How do you actually utilise the passes?
    Sorry--I guess I could have been more clear.

My husband, one daughter, and I went out to the Disney Resort early in the day. My two other daughters stayed behind in Tokyo to visit a few other sites. While there, I purchased 5-4 day passes (Days 1 & 2 at DisneySea, Days 3 & 4 for TDL--but could be used for Disney Sea as well), to begin using on May 30th.

We had no intention on going into DisneySea that first day out at the parks, as we all thought we would stay in Tokyo itself until the evening. But, my two other daughters showed up at the hotel quite earlier than expected. We all quickly agreed--"Let's go into Disney Sea!"
    So, I purchased the evening passes at the Sheraton Hotel ticket counter in the lobby.
    This was the best decision ever, because the park was practically empty that night! Every just about every attraction was a 'walk on' --

The next day (May 30) we started using the 4 day passes.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12