Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

TDR does it again...

First, they pushed Marie goods to celestial heights. Then came that silly Disney bear who has no business being in a "disney" park. Then came trampy Clarice... and Thumper and Ms Bunny.. and adorable Chandu, who at least has a prominent part in a real Disney attraction.. unlike some bear we have come to hate. Now comes the latest character to grace the shelves of TDR's many gift shops with it's own merchandise line: Fifi.

Yes, Fifi... which goes way back to a 1933's Pluto short.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 06-15-2009 at 07:24 PM.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: TDR does it again...

I love that they are using Fifi!! Clarice too! It's nice that these characters don't get forgotten.

Then came that silly Disney bear who has no business being in a "disney" park.
    You totally made my Duffy cry! You should give Duffy a chance TDLFAN!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Aww, no love for Duffy at all? He told me that he really likes you.

As for Fifi, they've used here before too. I've seen her on several pieces of merchandise in the past, along with Pluto and her puppies. It's kind of interesting that TDR picks these obscure characters and markets them. I have to say the strangest one was the Orange Bird a few years back.

• You have much to learn...

Whether you like the characters or not, TDR does a great job of keeping the older, more obscure characters alive-Disneyland and Disneyworld seems to have forgotten most of them.

I know Duffy, or the original Disney Bear is a recent addition, but it's nice to see some of Walts original creations come to life once again. I'm happy Oswald is back with the Disney company as well.

I think Gurgi would make a great addition as well-he seems to be forgotten lately & needs his own product as well.

Disney originally created the Orange Bird for Florida & the eagle from, I believe, the Olympics years ago-and I think there were a few other non-Disney characters created years ago- but I think it's neat that TDR is bringing them back to the public as well as a tribute to some of the unknown Disney creations as well

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Whether you like the characters or not, TDR does a great job of keeping the older, more obscure characters alive-Disneyland and Disneyworld seems to have forgotten most of them.

I know Duffy, or the original Disney Bear is a recent addition, but it's nice to see some of Walts original creations come to life once again. I'm happy Oswald is back with the Disney company as well.

I think Gurgi would make a great addition as well-he seems to be forgotten lately & needs his own product as well.
    Yes, I've been waiting patiently for TDR to release Gurgi merchandise. I've been watching them use these obscure characters and wondered if they would get to him eventually. I know a few years back they had stationary with a couple of the Black Cauldron characters on it, but the images were small, and those characters were not the focus. If they did Gurgi by himself I would be ecstatic!!

The Black Cauldron is just about the last movie left that the Walt Disney Classics collection hasn't touched at all yet. I always thought that Gurgi would make a great club member piece & I'd love to see Taran with the sword or the Horned King with the cauldron.

At least they did use the Black Cauldron in the Castle Mystery tour- but closed it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The Black Cauldron is just about the last movie left that the Walt Disney Classics collection hasn't touched at all yet. I always thought that Gurgi would make a great club member piece & I'd love to see Taran with the sword or the Horned King with the cauldron.

At least they did use the Black Cauldron in the Castle Mystery tour- but closed it.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for a WDCC piece too. I mean, come on, this year they released a whole Robin Hood series. Toby the Turtle, really? So, if he can have a sculpture, then Gurgi should soon too. Especially since the movie is being re-released on DVD later this year.

• Felice Natale!

Lightbulb Re: TDR does it again...

Sadly, I missed the Mystery Tour. The Black Cauldron is my favorite Disney animated film. And although I love Gurgi, the Horned King is without a doubt the real reason I love that movie so much. He's such cruel, charismatic evil! I can't think of another Disney villain who even comes close. Perhaps Maleficent or Ursula, but actually...no, not really. There's Chernabog, I guess, but I think he's more "scary" than "bad" - since he's technically just doing his job.

And back to the original topic; in case, like me, you didn't know who Fifi is, here's a clip.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R2wE8Sduhs"]link[/ame]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by duffydad View Post
    the horned king is without a doubt the real reason i love that movie so much. He's such cruel, charismatic evil! I can't think of another disney villain who even comes close. Perhaps...
    ...tdlfan????

• Banned User

Oh... BTW.. just a few pictures of the Fifi merchandise..

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: TDR does it again...

Thanks for the photos, TDLFAN. I haven't seen this stuff in the parks, but I haven't been looking, either. This kind of thing isn't really my style. It surprises me that they didn't bump up the schedule a few months with these, though. Especially for a relatively obscure character, seems like the Valentine's push would've been a smart move.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ...tdlfan????
    LOL, so bad!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Thanks for the photos, TDLFAN. I haven't seen this stuff in the parks, but I haven't been looking, either. This kind of thing isn't really my style. It surprises me that they didn't bump up the schedule a few months with these, though. Especially for a relatively obscure character, seems like the Valentine's push would've been a smart move.
    Yeah, thanks for the photo proof, TDLFAN. I agree that this stuff seems more appropriate for Valentines day. I love Pluto's "heart eyes" on one of those plush! Oh, and I do like the fact that they actually have a sign telling guests exactly "who" this character is supposed to be. The thing is, to be honest, some of the merchandise could be confused for Lady from Lady and the Tramp...just bigger eyes. I guess since both dogs seem to be Cocker Spaniels (I know Lady is, but I'm guessing at Fifi) there is a resemblance.

Also, are those Fifi's "dog ears" you can wear in one of the photos?? What the heck??

• Banned User

Yes, those are "Fifi" ears to wear.. Please don't ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast