Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duffy

• You have much to learn...

Re: Duffy

The original Disney bears from years ago were really much nicer than the few they produce now & I think they even looked more like the current Duffy does back then. The newer ones are smaller and of cheaper quality than they used to. I still don't have a normal sized Duffy, but do have a Disney bear from years ago.

I still think a Build a Duffy would really take off if it were introduced in TDS- but they do have enough of seasonal offerings & events- so Duffy is doing just fine now as it is.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Oh my gosh I want a duffy so much! He's just too cute!!! What are the cutest outfits to get for him in your guys' opinion?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Oh my gosh I want a duffy so much! He's just too cute!!! What are the cutest outfits to get for him in your guys' opinion?
    I'm not sure what are his cutest outfits. I'm just getting into collecting him myself, so I don't really have much advice to give yet. I've seen lots of pictures of his various outfits, thanks to the site Duffydad posted in the other thread.

ディズニーベア@ダッフィーのコスプレ コスプレ館

There have been so many, but it's not like we can just go buy any of the old ones. Basically, it looks like right now only the 3 that TDLFAN took a picture of are availible, and who knows for how long. So...of those 3, I think all are cute for different reasons. I like the raincoat because it kind of reminds me of Paddington Bear, which I used to have when I was little.

I really, really like his TDS 5th anniversary costumes though, because they seem to be based off of actual park costumes. Of course those are not availible anymore, but they sure looked cute.

Anyway, cuteness is totally in the eye of the beholder, so which outfits you like best are a pretty personal choice. Some people don't care about any of it, like TDLFAN, so your mileage may vary. Also, you could just buy clothes for him wherever you live, since he seems to fit other doll/bear clothes. Just don't dress him in Hannah Montana and you'll be fine, LOL!

• Disney Fan & Musician

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I'm not sure what are his cutest outfits. I'm just getting into collecting him myself, so I don't really have much advice to give yet. I've seen lots of pictures of his various outfits, thanks to the site Duffydad posted in the other thread.

ディズニーベア@ダッフィーのコスプレ コスプレ館

There have been so many, but it's not like we can just go buy any of the old ones. Basically, it looks like right now only the 3 that TDLFAN took a picture of are availible, and who knows for how long. So...of those 3, I think all are cute for different reasons. I like the raincoat because it kind of reminds me of Paddington Bear, which I used to have when I was little.

I really, really like his TDS 5th anniversary costumes though, because they seem to be based off of actual park costumes. Of course those are not availible anymore, but they sure looked cute.

Anyway, cuteness is totally in the eye of the beholder, so which outfits you like best are a pretty personal choice. Some people don't care about any of it, like TDLFAN, so your mileage may vary. Also, you could just buy clothes for him wherever you live, since he seems to fit other doll/bear clothes. Just don't dress him in Hannah Montana and you'll be fine, LOL!
    LOL! Thanks.
    How can I search for Duffy on Yahoo! Japan Auctions? I can't translate his name.

• Munchings & Crunchings

LOL! Thanks.
    How can I search for Duffy on Yahoo! Japan Auctions? I can't translate his name.
    Well, here's the Yahoo auctions site with Duffy listings. The only problem I found is that it puts completed auctions in the list too...annoying!

Yahoo!?????? - ????? ?????

Anyway, Duffy in Japanese is ダッフィー so that might help you in your search. Be aware that the Japanese auctions will not ship overseas, so you're limited there...unless you have an address in Japan to ship to, then it shouldn't be a problem, I guess.

• Disney Fan & Musician

To DuffyDad, I still have to think about it, but if I did buy a Duffy bear from you could I pay you through PayPal? So much easier that way.

• Miss Bee Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    The original Disney bears from years ago were really much nicer than the few they produce now & I think they even looked more like the current Duffy does back then. .
    I haven't seen the current Disney Bears --but the original Disney Bears weren't a big seller here in the states--or at least in California (and I thought they looked like Duffy too).

Those Disney merchandise outlets that they have every so often at local malls---I saw stacks of those Disney Bears about 3 years ago. I almost bought a few...then thought better of it. Now I could kick myself--!
    They were going for a bargain price---and as I said, sure looked like Duffy.
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• You have much to learn...

The original Disney bears looked much nicer than the current 2 or 3 they are offering now- I've currently seen a My first Disney Bear, a Disney bear dressed in a High School Musical shirt & another with a NYC shirt avail in the NY World of Disney- there may be a few more, but not that I recall.

Yes Aunt Bee, you probably saw them at the outlets since they disappeared from the parks a few years ago- guess they weren't big sellers- I do have 1 from years ago.

I did hear a while back from someone that the pink Disney bear was selling around $1000 USD last year in Japan- Too bad I didn't have one of them.

The newer ones on sale now in the US have a slightly different face- it's a little more rounded- but it just isn't the same

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I got my photo with the Disney Bear at the Once Upon a Toy shop at WDW's Downtown Disney 4 or 5 years ago. I just happened to be in there and he was out doing a meet & greet. He was so cute I couldn't resist.

But I love all these outfits for Duffy. Too adorable. I've said it once and I'll say it again... Japan gets the BEST merchandise.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Oh dear, just what i need...more irresistible junk for me to hoard.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Cool Re: Duffy

I like the rain poncho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12