Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duffy

• Disney Fan & Musician

Duffy

Where can I get a duffy bear without actually going to TDR? And can someone actually explain to me who Duffy is? :P Is it possible to get more outfits for Duffy like a build-a-bear type thing?

Thanks!
    -Jack

• Banned User

Re: Duffy

Duffy is not a Built a Bear item. However, I believe some of those built a bear outfits may fit the medium size Duffy. The reason why the Duffy situation is so unique is because Duffy itself is a marketing representation of TDR's unique entertainment or events.... like selling the current yellow poncho, to match Japan's rainy season.. so, when you market the Duffy doll in these scenarions.. the possibilities are endless... just like the Duffy fans' pocket$.

I am not sure where you could fine a "pure" Duffy from TDS in the states, except for trying EBay and hoping for the best. But WDW and DLR did sell the original Duffy doll, but it was not called Duffy (just Disney Bear) and it was available in different colors and styles.. but these were poor sellers and discontinued.

In regards to the Duffy story as developed for TDS.. the duffy bear is supposed to be a gift from Minnie to Mickey, and he basically comes to life. I am sure Duffydad can explain better. They even sell the Duffy tale in a nice color storybook sold at the park.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Do I really have to pay $140 for Duffy? What's the actual price for him at DisneySEA transferred to American currency?

Japan Disney Teddy Bear Hidden Mickey Bear Duffy Plush - eBay (item 310149053471 end time Jun-20-09 17:39:22 PDT)

• Will return Soon...

From memory ( I could be wrong, i only had a quick look at one but remember looking at the price) he is around the 3000 Yen Mark give or take a few hundred Yen so about $30 odd US Dollars

• Disney Fan & Musician

Silly for selling it at $140! hahaha

• Banned User

The Duffy plushes come in different sizes and the price varies... with the mini one being around 1,200 yen, and the other ones somewhere from 3,300 yen up to like 4,600 yen or more.. I would actually have to check or wait for any given Duffy fan to post that information here. BTW, here is what the rain poncho outfit that started this thread looks like..

This is also a good picture to appreciate Mickey's face on Duffy's face.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Where can I get a duffy bear without actually going to TDR? And can someone actually explain to me who Duffy is? :P Is it possible to get more outfits for Duffy like a build-a-bear type thing?

Thanks!
    -Jack
    Hey, Jack.

Answers to all of your questions - including pricing, character history, even different editions and costumes - have already been posted extensively in the Rainy Day Duffy thread.^^ Check that out, and if you still have questions, let us know!

PS: If you decide you want one, I'd be happy to help with buying and shipping it. $140 is just ker-Azzy!

• Disney Fan & Musician

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Hey, Jack.

Answers to all of your questions - including pricing, character history, even different editions and costumes - have already been posted extensively in the Rainy Day Duffy thread.^^ Check that out, and if you still have questions, let us know!

PS: If you decide you want one, I'd be happy to help with buying and shipping it. $140 is just ker-Azzy!
    I'll have to think about it, but how much would it cost for a regular stuffed duffy bear cost with a good outfit too? It's my birthday coming up on Monday so I might as well get a present for myself! lol

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for that photo, TDLFAN! I have a couple of questions about it though. First, when did you take it? I ask because I want to know if the Duffy outfit on the far right is still for sale. Also, what, exactly are those "citrus" looking things above the Duffys? I like the pattern, but are they bags or something? I'm just curious.

• Banned User

All three outfits you see there are still on sale. The photo was taken the day they released the poncho outfit.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    All three outfits you see there are still on sale. The photo was taken the day they released the poncho outfit.
    Ah, ok, thank you. What are the "citrus" things though?

• Banned User

A collection of bags on sale.

• Munchings & Crunchings

A collection of bags on sale.
    Thanks again. They sure love their bags too...

• Central Florida

I am not sure where you could fine a "pure" Duffy from TDS in the states, except for trying EBay and hoping for the best. But WDW and DLR did sell the original Duffy doll, but it was not called Duffy (just Disney Bear) and it was available in different colors and styles.. but these were poor sellers and discontinued.
    I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday, and in one of the shops I saw The Disney Bear for sale. It definitely looks different from Duffy. I think Duffy is much cuter, and has a better story. Anyways, the Disney Bear I saw was only available in one color fur and I did not see any outfits for him/her.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, the US "Disney Bear" version is much more generic. Although they have released a few recently with t-shirts like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. Still, they don't sell any outfits for the, and the bear does look slightly different from Duffy. However, if you want one, they will probably fit clothes made for other bears like Build-a-Bear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast