Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How About....A Trip Report!!!

Last edited by Another Voice; 07-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: How About....A Trip Report!!!

This almost stream of consciousness style Trip Report is a refreshingly cool idea. Kudos!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: How About....A Trip Report!!!

"It's also a shame that DisneySea will be dumping something unique like BraviSEAmo for an insipid squirt gun and PowerPoint slideshow in the name of "synergy". It used to be that Disney prided itself on creating new wonders, not recycling film clips."

Now, I think that's a little unfair, considering the show is not even being performed yet, and everybody is complaining about it. I hope you're willing to eat your words if the show turns out to be fantastic. I'm by no means an apologist either, but considering who is behind the show, and what's been described, I think certainly it will be more than "squirt guns" and "film clips".

"This almost stream of consciousness style Trip Report is a refreshingly cool idea. Kudos!"

This part I agree with, despite my above rant. I do like the random thoughts trip report, it's a breezy way to do it and gets the point across.

• Central Florida

Great report! Thanks for sharing! I, too, loved the stream of consciousness style. I should try that sometime - it might make my reports a little bit shorter. I tend to write way too much!
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

• You have much to learn...

Great report as well- I've yet to do one, but will basically repeat much of what has been said on this site time and time again. Hopefully any new show at TDS will be well recieved- Braviseamo is great, lets hope any new show is fresh and new with a great score as well

• Miss Bee Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post

The roof over World Bazaar makes the whole place loud, chaotic and completely unpleasant.
    I like the idea of a roof over your head--and the wideness of the streets...but I totally agree with the "loud and chaotic"---especially early in the day, and late in the evening. My girls were really turned off from that area because of it.
    If you happen to go by in mid-day when it was less busy, it wasn't so bad.

I liked your trip report---thank you for sharing your experience.

And, I had to chuckle when you mention a trip back to the hotel during the day is now a requirement. It is for us as well. While I personally could keep on going--I know it is a matter of "keeping my family happy"--and the Mr. of the family needs a break from all that "Disney Joy"--teehee.

Thanks for the report...
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

Last edited by Another Voice; 07-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Your captions are hilarious Another Voice! Can't wait for my TDR trip at the end of the year.
    信じてコンパス・オブ・ユア・ハート

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

ADMIN NOTE

I've removed a few posts which derailed this trip report.

Reminder to all to please be respectful of others, follow the MiceChat rules, and not derail the threads of others.

Thank you for your help.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

A few photos ----

Good Gods! Tokyo Disneyland is STILL using the wretched Generic Disney Cups of Shame.
    That is not the case anymore. Here are the new designs already in use at TDR:

Smile Re: How About....A Trip Report!!!

[quote=

[FONT=Times New Roman]I witnessed an amazing main gate temper tantrum thrown by a man screaming in French. It included slapping turnstiles, railings and the wanton spilling of brochures. I've never seen so many in suits coming running from every corner before. I have no idea what the fit was about, and because he was French I couldn't possibly care less...only that he made a complete donkey out of himself.[/FONT]

Oh boy, Europeans do know how to make a spectacle of themselves. So sad Disneyland Paris is filled with these kinds of morons !
    I think I am gonna move to another continent soon.....

Great report though !!

• Will return Soon...

Great Trip report! Love the commentary on the pics too! Sounds like you had a great time

I've always thought someone could good write a great PhD dissertation on the cultural differences between all the Disney parks. It's impossible to say one is better or worse than another, they are just different. As loud and as "unruly" as the crowds can get at Disneyland Paris, they also seem to have a much happier time than the crowds at Tokyo Disneyland. And while the crowds at Walt Disney World can be slovenly, there is a comfort level there that can't be found because of Tokyo's "we're at grandmother's house so behave" attitude. Then again, as I'm stuck on the train at Disneyland Paris for 20 minutes while the cast members have a chat, I yearn for TDR's efficiency.

A trip to Disney is a vacation. It's up to each individual to decide what they are comfortable with or not.

• Munchings & Crunchings

[quote=ErikM;1055395259]
    Quote Originally Posted by

[FONT=Times New Roman
    I witnessed an amazing main gate temper tantrum thrown by a man screaming in French. It included slapping turnstiles, railings and the wanton spilling of brochures. I've never seen so many in suits coming running from every corner before. I have no idea what the fit was about, and because he was French I couldn't possibly care less...only that he made a complete donkey out of himself.[/FONT]

Oh boy, Europeans do know how to make a spectacle of themselves. So sad Disneyland Paris is filled with these kinds of morons !
    I think I am gonna move to another continent soon.....

Great report though !!
    Well, I have to say, as an American, it's not just Europeans who are able to make spectacles of themselves! We have quite a good reputation of doing that as well. So, if you do move to another continent, make sure to pick the least obnoxious one, LOL! ;-)

• Munchings & Crunchings

I've always thought someone could good write a great PhD dissertation on the cultural differences between all the Disney parks. It's impossible to say one is better or worse than another, they are just different. As loud and as "unruly" as the crowds can get at Disneyland Paris, they also seem to have a much happier time than the crowds at Tokyo Disneyland. And while the crowds at Walt Disney World can be slovenly, there is a comfort level there that can't be found because of Tokyo's "we're at grandmother's house so behave" attitude. Then again, as I'm stuck on the train at Disneyland Paris for 20 minutes while the cast members have a chat, I yearn for TDR's efficiency.

A trip to Disney is a vacation. It's up to each individual to decide what they are comfortable with or not.
    Yes, that could be an interesting dissertation, or book. As long as it's not as dry as "Riding the Black Ship: Japan and Tokyo Disneyland". That book seriously put me to sleep. It was informative, but very, very boring!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast