Early Entry Question

Hi, I am heading to Tokyo this weekend. I have been to the Tokyo Disney parks before but not in a few years and have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with...

I have read about early entry for Disney Hotel guests but haven't been able to find out anything about this on Disney's website. Am I right in understanding that Disneysea is having early entry to hotel guests up until and including Monday 29th June and Disneyland from Tuesday 30th June? I am not staying at a Disney Hotel so want to avoid going to the park on a day that has early entry if possible.

At opening what is my best way to join the standby line for Monsters Inc? Should I run and take the right alley off Main Street?

Can you still buy Disney tickets in Takashimaya Times in Shinjuku?

I realise it's going to be pretty warm there during the day but does it cool down in the evenings at Disneysea?

Thank you,
    Dan

Re: Early Entry Question

I was just there in May and they had early entry (except for Sundays I believe) into DisneySea. Early entry didn't really make a difference for that Park. It opened Raging Spirits, Indiana Jones, ToT and some rides in Mermaid Lagoon. At 10am when the Park opened, it was not crowded at all. I would not avoid the Park that day just because it had early entry. TDL I cannot talk to for early entry--but would suppose that they would only open up a few select rides, as well.

As for where to be when TDL opens, just to the right off the center. It gives you a clear path up into Mainstreet. When I was there, cast members had closed off the alley from Mainstreet to Tomorrowland--so you had to go up then come down into Tomorrowland at the Hub. So you'll need to follow the crowd. But I suggest you FP it, and then either get in standby line for it, or hit some other rides until it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmedan View Post
    I have read about early entry for Disney Hotel guests but haven't been able to find out anything about this on Disney's website. Am I right in understanding that Disneysea is having early entry to hotel guests up until and including Monday 29th June and Disneyland from Tuesday 30th June?
    That's what jtcent.com is reporting, and I would assume that the information there is correct unless you find out otherwise.

I am not staying at a Disney Hotel so want to avoid going to the park on a day that has early entry if possible.
    First of all, ALL of the on-site hotels participate, including both the 3 Disney hotels and the 6 "official" non-Disney hotels. But of you're staying off-site, even at a partner hotel, then you're out of luck.

Having said that, like GUYNYC said, I would not worry about early entry at all as far as avoiding the park that has it. I know that's very wise advice at WDW, but the guest demographics are so different at TDR that early entry is unlikely to make much of a difference at all in total park attendance.[/quote]

However, it is fun to see the stampede from inside Tokyo DisneySea. Watching the wave of humanity come roaring out from underneath the Hotel Mira Costa and surge into the plaza is a scene worthy of a nature documentery.

When I've used Early Entry in the past, I've had to pick up a special ticket at the hotel. The hotel staff will make sure they match the date of the special entry to the date on your ticket (i.e., the first two days of a multi-day ticket). Personally, I find Early Entry useful if just to escape the unpardonable mess that Toyko Disney has made of their "rope drop" process. No sane person should have to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    However, it is fun to see the stampede from inside Tokyo DisneySea. Watching the wave of humanity come roaring out from underneath the Hotel Mira Costa and surge into the plaza is a scene worthy of a nature documentery.
    That sounds delightful! I can see where early entry would help: you would have plenty of time to get positioned somewhere convenient for optimal viewing. But, I would imagine that Mira Costa guests would at least have a 30-second lead using their private entrance. Also, I seem to remember that they sometimes or always open that entrance a few minutes early in order to give Mira Costa guests a bit of an extra edge.

On my last visit, I participated in the TDL morning dash for the first time in the very front. I've been in line before opening several times, but usually quite a ways back. Thanks to JoeInJpn, this time I was able to be 4th in line at the turnstile when the park opened. There was definitely a rush of people from the second the park was open. Even being at the very front of the line, unless you literally sprint through the entrance plaza and World Bazaar, you will quickly be surrounded and nearly run over by the rush of people behind. Actually, it's not quite as bad as I make it sound. It's not as if people are in danger of being trampled. There are lots of people moving very fast, but the turnstiles only admit people so fast, so it's not like the beginning of a race where everyone starts at once. It is however a sight to behold.

^ Yea i love TDS early entry. Lets you get positioned, also they do open the maricosta guests in a bit earlier on normal days.

Thank you everyone for your replies!

We're staying somewhere cheap in Tokyo so no early entry for us.
    Good to know about the Monsters Inc line too.

They definitely start their day with a sprint at Tokyo Disney! We had enjoyed being part of that twice before a trip to Disneyland (Anaheim) in Christmas 2007. I think we were the third group in line and as soon as we got thru the gates we started sprinting (Tokyo Disneyland style), there were cast members telling us not to run but we ignored them (like what happens in Tokyo) and kept running until we got about half way up Main Street and realised there is no one else around and we looked back and saw a mass of people way behind at the start of Main Street. We felt a bit stupid when we realised that you don't run at Disneyland but have a fantastic memory of being first up Main Street on Christmas day and for a moment feeling like the park was only for us. Also meant no wait for Nemo which had huge lines all day.

^ Wow, no one was running on Christmas day? Sounds like a real expierience! Thanks for sharing it with us.