Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Question What/where are these Duffy photo spots in the park?

So, I'm definitely more interested in Duffy and learning about how his character is being developed for Tokyo DisneySea, thanks to Duffydad. I've been looking at pictures online, and just kind of soaking it up as far as what people are doing with him, and what OLC does officially with him.

Which leads me to a question...

What and where are these "Duffy photo spots" inside Tokyo DisneySea? I've heard about them, and I've tried to see if I could understand what they were about, but I'm not having as much luck as I would like. The TDR website shows them, but the site is unable to be translated, and I can't read Japanese. From what I gather though, there are places you can place a Duffy bear and take his photo in a certain spot to create an "adventure" in the park for him, is that right? Does anybody have pictures and locations for them? Does OLC have some kind of story going with them, or a list? Is it sort of like those Kodak photo spots in the US parks, with a marker on the ground or near the location?

I'm asking because I'm curious how they set these up to work with the bear, or is it not as planned out as all that?
    Last edited by gurgi; 06-23-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Lightbulb Re: What/where are these Duffy photo spots in the park?

They're just like the other Fujifilm Photo Spots for humans that are scattered around TDS, suggested spots with a nice backdrop for a photo. Only they are, indeed, set up just for Duffy.^^ They're elevated to a photo-friendly height and offer a fold down seat big enough for him to stand or sit on with rear support so he won't fall over. There's one (A) just across from Aunt Peg's ("Duffy Central"), another (B) on the other end of Cape Cod around where big mascot Duffy usually does photo opps, and one more (C) kind of hidden on the way down to the Venetian Gondolas. Sometimes I kinda wish there was one of these in every Port, but sometimes I wish there wasn't one in the Venetian area and they were limited to Cape Cod or the American Waterfront. Either way, it's really impressive how the OLC concept, story, marketing, park integration and Guests' actual usage of Duffy are perfectly in sync at TDS. It all comes together incredibly well.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-05-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: ABC

• You have much to learn...

Re: What/where are these Duffy photo spots in the park?

I never really noticed these photo locations- were they just added recently?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, thank you! That sounds like a very cute idea, and I had wondered if they tailored it just for Duffy. Thanks for confirming that. So, there are only the 3...interesting.
    Last edited by gurgi; 06-25-2009 at 02:57 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    What and where are these "Duffy photo spots" inside Tokyo DisneySea?
    Obviously, you have NOT been looking at the photos I post regularly on the weekend update... have you??

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Obviously, you have NOT been looking at the photos I post regularly on the weekend update... have you??
    Honestly, yes I have. I love your photo reports, but I just don't remember pictures of the photo spots. Maybe because you post lots of nice pictures to look at, its easy to overlook some details.

• Banned User

I have posted pics of people with Duffy at the photo spots!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I have posted pics of people with Duffy at the photo spots!!!
    I"m sorry, I don't remember them. I do remember seeing other specific photos, and coverage of events, but seriously, I forgot you had pictures of the photo spots.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Perhaps you would like to post the pictures back up and contribute something to the thread instead of calling people out because there fail to remember your photo's in the MiceChat Weekend update!

• Banned User

I would if I had not deleted them from my files, or else, I would have no hard drive space left! Or better yet Malin.. why don't you contribute to this post with some photos of your own (since you are a character nut, based on your photo report from previous posts) and probably have some to share with the readers.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So why not just say that you had some pictures but had to delete them, instead of calling out the Original Poster for not seeing your pictures the first time round.

Unfortunately I don't have any Duffy pictures to add to the thread, as I don't visit the Resort that often. But it may be a nice gesture for some of the regular visitors who have more time, to take a few pics, if there are able too!

• Loves Mickey!

I have one picture if it helps but maybe not such a good picture.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you, Ichigopara, that's a good picture. I can see the little "seat" they have for him. Good thing too, as it would be a shame for somebody to "accidentally" let Duffy fall over the railing into the water. Although that makes me wonder if anybody has lost a Duffy by putting in him in precarious places and dropping him. I'm sure lost & found, and the cleaning crews have found some really crazy things guests leave behind.

• You have much to learn...

I'm surprised, judging by the photo- it doesn't look like there's much support to it & it's right by the water- Is there a net down behind the railing? I wonder just how many people may have accidentally dropped him while either putting him there or taking him off the seat after photographing him.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So why not just say that you had some pictures but had to delete them, instead of calling out the Original Poster for not seeing your pictures the first time round.

Unfortunately I don't have any Duffy pictures to add to the thread, as I don't visit the Resort that often. But it may be a nice gesture for some of the regular visitors who have more time, to take a few pics, if there are able too!
    Fortunately for me, Gurgi is a personal friend of mine and he knows that my calling him out on this is friendly "tisk, tisk" becuase he knows I always enjoy his comments on the photos I contribute to the Update. Also, as a staff member of the Micechat Weekend Update team, my calling him out also serves as way to advertise the Weekend Update on the boards since a lot of good people work so hard at bringing it to you all every weekend. Now, if Gurgi was offended, then I offer my apologies to him. In regards to you Malin, I think its shameful that you use a petty excuse to yet again create controversy and turn this into another anti-TDLFAN dig like you so often do. But you are not worth my time. So I am not bothering with you.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 06-30-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast