Refurb schedule question

How consistent are ride closures? Are they annual closures?

We just got back a few days ago and can't wait to go back! We want to go back around the same time next year but missed Journey since it was closed and since we'll be forgoing our yearly trip to Anaheim next year to stay in Japan longer, we also want to go when Space is open since it's our favorite ride at Disneyland.

Is there an archive somewhere of closures?

• You have much to learn...

Re: Refurb schedule question

I don't know if there's an archives of the closures- but the main tokyo disney resort site www.tokyodisneyresort.com does have pages in english with attraction closures. It is only updated for this year though-so you'll probably have to check back often- but here's the direct link anyway to it Tokyo Disney Resort: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the closures page on the official website. I'm asking because I searched the forum first and I came across this post from 2005 Jttcote Closed In Summer!?!?!?!? in regards to Journey being closed in June.

June may be your vacation time at home, however, it is school time in Japan. Early May and late July/August are other break times. It is unfortunate though that they picked June this year. According to records, the attraction has usually been closed mid to late May the last 3 years.
    Just wondering about the accuracy of the statement. Based on this statement, is it reasonable to assume that the likelihood of Journey being closed in June is high?

There's really only one reason I can think of.

'Journey' is based on the same ride system of Epcot's 'Test Track' and uses small rubber wheels. Because of the speed and small turn radius in the rides, it's not well suited for wet surfaces as the tires tend to slip. June is the "rainy" season at Tokyo Disneyland. Becasue of the outdoor down hill on 'Journey', and becasue Tokyo tends to get long stretches of rain - the attraction would have to be closed most of the time anyway. In Florida, while they get a lot of rain year round, the rain tends to come in quick showers. It's possible to close 'Test Track' for a bit, let the track dry out in the heat, and re-open the attraction.

I'm not aware of them closing JTTCOTE during inclimate weather but perhaps one of the park regulars can chime in. It seems to me that I've been on it when it's been raining but I could be remembering it wrong. As was discussed on the other thread, June is perhaps one of the deadest times of the year at TDR, second only to Jan-Feb. So, although by US standards it's prime summer vacation time, it's off-season for Japan and thus a good time to close one of the signature attractions at TDS.

• Banned User

During torrential downpours, JOTTOTE has closed on ocasions due to the outdoor portions of the drop.