Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.

Ok, I'm going to post the story again, because Duffydad asked me to do so. I think the story has more impact with the pictures, and I'll comment after the story on why I think Duffy is the way he is because of the book.

Anyway, here is the story translated by Duffydad, and pictures by me.

Front Cover

Endpapers with Cape Cod motif

Title page

One day, as Mickey was about to set sail for one of his long adventures, Minnie thought he should have a special keepsake to remind him how much he was loved while he was out at sea. Mickey is Minnie's favorite mouse, so she gave him a teddy bear she had hand-made with her whole heart.

Minnie wrote a rosy "Bon Voyage!" message and carefully dropped it into a small glass bottle. She gently tied the little bottle round the bear's petite neck, capped it with a cork and sealed it with a kiss for luck. Voila!

Minnie presented the bear to Mickey at the pier by the old lighthouse on a blustery day. Mickey smiled brightly, and placed the teddy lovingly into his duffel bag. "I'll call you Duffy!" And the two were off to begin a wonder-full journey.

One night out at sea, Mickey was dog-tired from navigating all day. He decided to go to bed early and fell fast asleep.

Duffy appeared in Mickey's dream, wearing a sailor's uniform and smiling. The happy little bear opened Minnie's message in the bottle and showed it to Mickey:

"DEAR MICKEY,

THIS BEAR IS MEANT TO BRING YOU LOTS OF HAPPINESS AND LUCK.

LOVE,
    Minnie"

Mickey smiled in his sleep, and awoke feeling totally reenergized and cheerful.

Mysteriously, upon waking, Mickey found Minnie's message in his own hand! But he was sure that it had been in the bottle and sealed tight when he fell asleep! Not only that, but somehow Duffy had got dressed and was wearing the very same sailor's uniform from the dream!

When Mickey returned home from his voyage, he told Minnie and his friends about his surprising and inspiriting dream come true. They all agreed, but Goofy said it best: "Gawrsh, that Duffy sure is one special teddy bear!"

Everyone wanted one of Minnie's special Duffy bears. So she did her best to make them, one by one, for all of her friends. The waiting list was so long; Duffy was just too popular! There were too many orders, and Minnie couldn't keep up.

So her friends said, "We'll help, Minnie!" And they all worked together, Minnie and all of her friends, making the lovely teddy bears. Each one charmed with a message in a bottle from the heart – we can't forget that!

A lot of people love Duffy now… From children to princesses, to adventurers and explorers like Mickey. Everyone feels happier when Duffy's around! People especially love taking photos with Duffy. They say when anyone sees these pictures, the smiles in the portrait overflow to the viewer! When snapping photographs of cherished memories, you always find your warmest, brightest smile when you're with the bear of happiness and luck!

Mickey with Duffy

Huey, Dewey, & Louie with Duffy

Aladdin & Jasmine with Duffy

Ariel & Eric with Duffy

There's even a rumor that sometimes you can find Duffy by himself, strolling along the pier in his sailor uniform, perhaps returning from his own adventures… But how can this be?! He's just a teddy bear, right? Nobody understands it, but you should try to meet him yourself! Can you think of a new adventure for you and Duffy? Then you'll be saying, too, "That Duffy sure is one special teddy bear!"

Overview of Cape Cod area

Back Cover

Ok, now that you've all seen the story, now I can see why Duffy is treated the way he is. Basically, it looks like the storybook is sort of an "owner's manual". If you notice the pictures, the things the characters are doing with Duffy are very deliberate. You can see why people place Duffy at the table with them to eat...because Mickey and Minnie do the same. You can see characters lining up to take pictures with Duffy. You can see them buying the bears from the store. It's like the Japanese need to be shown what to do with Duffy, and once they understand, they run with it and do their own thing. It's very subtle marketing, and one that I think hearkens back to the way Walt Disney used to use synergy to get people interested in his products. He had a way of selling without being crass or overt about it. I think the way they've created this mythology for Duffy makes sense for the Japanese audience and also keeps it classy. So, how soon after Duffy's debut did this storybook come out?

Oh, I also love the use of the classic styled characters. Goofy looks like his early incarnation, and then you have the generic animals that all look like they came out of Mickey's early cartoons.

Anyway, hopefully everyone enjoys the story and pictures.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Ok, I'm going to post the story again, because Duffydad asked me to do so.
    Actually, I was talking about your "arrival" photo story, but this is a cool post, too.^^

Ok, now that you've all seen the story, now I can see why Duffy is treated the way he is. Basically, it looks like the storybook is sort of an "owner's manual". If you notice the pictures, the things the characters are doing with Duffy are very deliberate.
    You can see why people place Duffy at the table with them to eat...because Mickey and Minnie do the same. You can see characters lining up to take pictures with Duffy. You can see them buying the bears from the store. It's like the Japanese need to be shown what to do with Duffy, and once they understand, they run with it and do their own thing. It's very subtle marketing, and one that I think hearkens back to the way Walt Disney used to use synergy to get people interested in his products. He had a way of selling without being crass or overt about it. I think the way they've created this mythology for Duffy makes sense for the Japanese audience and also keeps it classy. So, how soon after Duffy's debut did this storybook come out?
    Oh, I also love the use of the classic styled characters.
    I don't think it's so much that people need to be shown what to do with Duffy in order to understand; rather, I think audience-aware OLC created a story and park placement for Duffy that reflected what Japanese fans would naturally do with a plush mascot character when playing in a theme park. Chicken or egg, I dunno. Either way, it works beautifully.

Actually, neither the above story nor the Duffy name existed when "the Disney Bear" was first brought to TDS as a product for Harborside Christmas 2004. It was the next year that Duffy's official name, new story, and park presence were launched as a cohesive new mascot concept. After a year of experimentation with new costumes and ideas (and monitoring Guests' reaction with the bear), by Harborside Christmas 2005, the generic Disney Bear was gone - Duffy had become the character we know and love today. Whereas WDW had simply intended the Disney Bear as a product to sell, OLC designed Duffy's park presence and merchandising as an experience to be had.^^ Deeply grounded in DisneySea's themes of adventure and exploration, as well as classic Disney values of giving, friendship, the value of work/sacrifice, the power of magic and love; the new story combined with Mary Blair-inspired illustration to firmly establish Duffy as a classic Disney character, and independent from his generic Disney Bear made-to-make-money origins. Ironically, OLC's new direction was destined to generate a LOT of revenue...when will Disney execs learn? Aunt Peg's became "Duffy Central" and signage in Cape Cod proudly declared the area "Duffy's hometown." Costumes became available sold separately, along with sweets and tea accoutrements, stationery and other goods. The costumed Duffy mascot finally joined the Harborside Christmas show Candlelight Reflections in 2006, and has been part of it ever since.

His popularity really exploded last year, though, as part of TDR's 25th Anniversary celebration (4/2008~4/2009). He joined the cast of Meet & Smile (and still does), and his clothing line was considerably expanded. Besides the three basic costumes released in April 2008, there was also a Travel Set that tied in with the TDS storybook notion of Duffy as an explorer, and included a duffel bag - his namesake.^^ In addition to these, Duffy got to wear Cast uniforms from both TDS and TDL, as well as other parts of the Resort. Plus, of course there were the customary Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's costumes. The Valentine's was particularly special for 2009 - as one of Duffy's themes for the year had been "uniforms," it was only fitting that he get an original uniform and his own place to work right in his hometown of Cape Cod. The "Sweet Duffy" Cafe event was wildly successful. Not only were there special limited-edition sweets and a drink, but also tons of merchandise, and of course the "Sweet Duffy" uniform with apron. It was a fun, month-long celebration of !

Now, with "Cape Cod Seasons," Duffy is a bonafide phenomenon! Check out this short article suggesting that Duffy has even eclipsed Mickey as "the most popular Disney character in Tokyo." I think that may be overstated and premature, but the ever-growing success of Duffy and his clear distinction from the relatively unsuccessful WDW "Disney bear" product is impossible to deny.

The great thing, too, about Duffy's popularity is that he gets better and more interesting as this process unfolds. Since his story only exists in the hearts and minds of Duffy/TDS fans, the more people create with Duffy, the richer the character becomes. One reason it's so fun to take pictures of and tell stories with Duffy is because he really is whatever we make him...or her, for "those" fans.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-26-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Clarification.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Actually, I was talking about your "arrival" photo story, but this is a cool post, too.^^
    Oh, oops! I thought you were talking about his origin story. As for my own Duffy's "arrival" story, I didn't know if people would be interested in that or not. I did try to create an album in my profile, but the pictures are too large...ugh. Photobucket has no problem with size, but I guess Micechat does. However, my new avatar is from one of those pictures of my own Duffy bear. Here is a link to my Photobucket album though. I put captions on most of the pictures.

Duffy the Disney Bear pictures by gurgitoy2 - Photobucket

I don't think it's so much that people need to be shown what to do with Duffy in order to understand; rather, I think audience-aware OLC created a story and park placement for Duffy that reflected what Japanese fans would naturally do with a plush mascot character when playing in a theme park. Chicken or egg, I dunno. Either way, it works beautifully.

Actually, neither the above story nor the Duffy name existed when "the Disney Bear" was first brought to TDS as a product for Harborside Christmas 2004. It was the next year that Duffy's official name, new story, and park presence were launched as a cohesive new mascot concept. After a year of experimentation with new costumes and ideas (and monitoring Guests' reaction with the bear), by Harborside Christmas 2005, the generic Disney Bear was gone - Duffy had become the character we know and love today. Whereas WDW had simply intended the Disney Bear as a product to sell, OLC designed Duffy's park presence and merchandising as an experience to be had.^^ Deeply grounded in DisneySea's themes of adventure and exploration, as well as classic Disney values of giving, friendship, the value of work/sacrifice, the power of magic and love; the new story combined with Mary Blair-inspired illustration to firmly establish Duffy as a classic Disney character, and independent from his generic Disney Bear made-to-make-money origins. Ironically, OLC's new direction was destined to generate a LOT of revenue...when will Disney execs learn? Aunt Peg's became "Duffy Central" and signage in Cape Cod proudly declared the area "Duffy's hometown." Costumes became available sold separately, along with sweets and tea accoutrements, stationery and other goods. The costumed Duffy mascot finally joined the Harborside Christmas show Candlelight Reflections in 2006, and has been part of it ever since.

His popularity really exploded last year, though, as part of TDR's 25th Anniversary celebration (4/2008~4/2009). He joined the cast of Meet & Smile (and still does), and his clothing line was considerably expanded. Besides the three basic costumes released in April 2008, there was also a Travel Set that tied in with the TDS storybook notion of Duffy as an explorer, and included a duffel bag - his namesake.^^ In addition to these, Duffy got to wear Cast uniforms from both TDS and TDL, as well as other parts of the Resort. Plus, of course there were the customary Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's costumes. The Valentine's was particularly special for 2009 - as one of Duffy's themes for the year had been "uniforms," it was only fitting that he get an original uniform and his own place to work right in his hometown of Cape Cod. The "Sweet Duffy" Cafe event was wildly successful. Not only were there special limited-edition sweets and a drink, but also tons of merchandise, and of course the "Sweet Duffy" uniform with apron. It was a fun, month-long celebration of !

Now, with "Cape Cod Seasons," Duffy is a bonafide phenomenon! Check out this short article suggesting that Duffy has even eclipsed Mickey as "the most popular Disney character in Tokyo." I think that may be overstated and premature, but the ever-growing success of Duffy and his clear distinction from the relatively unsuccessful WDW "Disney bear" product is impossible to deny.

The great thing, too, about Duffy's popularity is that he gets better and more interesting as this process unfolds. Since his story only exists in the hearts and minds of Duffy/TDS fans, the more people create with Duffy, the richer the character becomes. One reason it's so fun to take pictures of and tell stories with Duffy is because he really is whatever we make him...or her, for "those" fans.
    Thanks for the detailed park history, Duffydad! I had come to thsoe conclusions myself after trying to research him online, but you've put specific timeframes for it, so that was very helpful for me. I'm sorry I missed out on his early costumes, but I'm very glad I got in now, while he's getting bigger. I think the "Sweet Duffy" campaign was also a test, to see if he could hold his own with a special event, and apparently (though small) it seems to have worked. From what I hear, TDS is getting it's own Halloween event this year, and I'm assuming it will center around Duffy, since he dabbled in that last year. Of course, you know what they say when you assume...

Still, as long as they keep the events and costume releases intimate and classy, I'm very happy. I won't be too thrilled if he's everywhere all over both parks...too much exposure is a bad thing, but I've said that before.

I owe it all to Duffydad though! See what you started, LOL!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Again, the "magic" of Duffy, I think, is that the TDS story is so detailed, but ultimately, with its factory-produced-Duffy-for-everybody/sailing-away-Duffy-for-himself ending creates a scenario in which everyone's own experience with the character is canon. Everyone - not just Mickey - gets her or his own Duffy, and Duffy has his own adventures (in our imaginations) independent even from anyone else! This kind of story design is not so easy to pull off, clearly establishing a character but leaving all power with the audience at the same time.

I think the "Sweet Duffy" campaign was also a test, to see if he could hold his own with a special event, and apparently (though small) it seems to have worked. From what I hear, TDS is getting it's own Halloween event this year, and I'm assuming it will center around Duffy, since he dabbled in that last year. Of course, you know what they say when you assume...

Still, as long as they keep the events and costume releases intimate and classy, I'm very happy. I won't be too thrilled if he's everywhere all over both parks...too much exposure is a bad thing, but I've said that before.
    I also think that "Sweet Duffy" was an experiment, and with as much product must have been moving at this time, the powers that be have to be convinced of Duffy's financial potential. This is both exciting and worrisome. You've said it before, and so have I, but just in case anyone from TDS/OLC gets wind of these forums: Duffy's appeal is that there's just enough story and just enough merchandising, just enough park presence...and NOT TOO MUCH!^^

I'm excited about TDS Halloween, but I hope it's not fully centered on Duffy; it should be a TDS event, not a Duffy event. I hope he's a big part of it, but honestly Valentine's at TDS this past year felt almost more like "Sweet Duffy" than "Season of the Heart," although he was not in the show. Funny thing is, I think he should have been in the show, as part of the Sweet Duffy campaign, but I think other areas should have had a little more of their own things going on, too. Especially in Arabian Coast and Mermaid Lagoon where we have two major couples, it would have been nice to see some pair Meet & Greets or area theming like a Magic Carpet photo spot, or making Ariel's Grotto look like the "Kiss the Girl" scene. It'll be interesting to see how they do TDS's first park-wide Halloween.

And definitely I agree with you on this, Gurgi - never say never, but...he should never be in TDS. There may be some special event or promotion someday that could make me change my mind, but as it stands now, I can't imagine a scenario in which that seems like a good idea. I don't, honestly, see OLC ever liking that idea much, either. I think they've worked pretty hard to ground Duffy in TDS.

One thing that I really think helps maintain balance as Duffy grows and demonstrates OLC's commitment to keeping Guests empowered to interpret the character is the use of online contests. There was a photo contest last Christmas, and there's currently a writing contest. I would like to see these monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly at least. These events really communicate that Duffy belongs to Guests/fans.

I your arrival story! The photos and the captions are both great! Makes me wanna go back and do one.^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Again, the "magic" of Duffy, I think, is that the TDS story is so detailed, but ultimately, with its factory-produced-Duffy-for-everybody/sailing-away-Duffy-for-himself ending creates a scenario in which everyone's own experience with the character is canon. Everyone - not just Mickey - gets her or his own Duffy, and Duffy has his own adventures (in our imaginations) independent even from anyone else! This kind of story design is not so easy to pull off, clearly establishing a character but leaving all power with the audience at the same time.

I also think that "Sweet Duffy" was an experiment, and with as much product must have been moving at this time, the powers that be have to be convinced of Duffy's financial potential. This is both exciting and worrisome. You've said it before, and so have I, but just in case anyone from TDS/OLC gets wind of these forums: Duffy's appeal is that there's just enough story and just enough merchandising, just enough park presence...and NOT TOO MUCH!^^

I'm excited about TDS Halloween, but I hope it's not fully centered on Duffy; it should be a TDS event, not a Duffy event. I hope he's a big part of it, but honestly Valentine's at TDS this past year felt almost more like "Sweet Duffy" than "Season of the Heart," although he was not in the show. Funny thing is, I think he should have been in the show, as part of the Sweet Duffy campaign, but I think other areas should have had a little more of their own things going on, too. Especially in Arabian Coast and Mermaid Lagoon where we have two major couples, it would have been nice to see some pair Meet & Greets or area theming like a Magic Carpet photo spot, or making Ariel's Grotto look like the "Kiss the Girl" scene. It'll be interesting to see how they do TDS's first park-wide Halloween.

And definitely I agree with you on this, Gurgi - never say never, but...he should never be in TDS. There may be some special event or promotion someday that could make me change my mind, but as it stands now, I can't imagine a scenario in which that seems like a good idea. I don't, honestly, see OLC ever liking that idea much, either. I think they've worked pretty hard to ground Duffy in TDS.

One thing that I really think helps maintain balance as Duffy grows and demonstrates OLC's commitment to keeping Guests empowered to interpret the character is the use of online contests. There was a photo contest last Christmas, and there's currently a writing contest. I would like to see these monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly at least. These events really communicate that Duffy belongs to Guests/fans.

I your arrival story! The photos and the captions are both great! Makes me wanna go back and do one.^^
    You're right, Duffy's story is purposely left open-ended so that everyone can have an "adventure" with him. It's not that common for characters, especially Disney ones. Usually you get a specific ending all wrapped up neatly with a bow...until a sequel or prequel is made, LOL!

As for Sweet Duffy and the upcoming Halloween, I agree that it's probably better to focus on more than just Duffy. Especially the valentines thing. You're idea of Disney couples in the park is great, and I thought they did that with Seasons of the Heart, but I guess not parkwide.

As for Halloween, I'm very curious how they're going to go about that with TDL next door. I mean, Halloween is all about spooky fun and maybe villains. The theme is pretty limited. So, with TDL next door doing the pumpkins, ghosts, and villains thing, it's going to be hard for TDS to do something totally different. With Cape Cod, it will be a little easier to have a New England style, low-key event like they did last year. Still, it's going to be hard to make it parkwide without making it too similar to what's going on next door. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

• Loves Mickey!

As for Halloween, I'm very curious how they're going to go about that with TDL next door. I mean, Halloween is all about spooky fun and maybe villains. The theme is pretty limited. So, with TDL next door doing the pumpkins, ghosts, and villains thing, it's going to be hard for TDS to do something totally different. With Cape Cod, it will be a little easier to have a New England style, low-key event like they did last year. Still, it's going to be hard to make it parkwide without making it too similar to what's going on next door. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!
    I heard it will be masquerade themed and that would be very fitting for TDS and different from what land is doing so I hope it is true!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

You're right, Duffy's story is purposely left open-ended so that everyone can have an "adventure" with him. It's not that common for characters, especially Disney ones. Usually you get a specific ending all wrapped up neatly with a bow...until a sequel or prequel is made, LOL!

As for Sweet Duffy and the upcoming Halloween, I agree that it's probably better to focus on more than just Duffy. Especially the valentines thing. You're idea of Disney couples in the park is great, and I thought they did that with Seasons of the Heart, but I guess not parkwide.
    You can buy merchandise everywhere, but it's the same merchandise. It's the same with Harborside Christmas, come to think of it. There's Mickey/Minnie stuff everywhere, but during these "couple-themed" events, it would be nice to have Ariel/Eric in Mermaid Lagoon, Aladdin/Jasmine in Arabian Coast, and Manfred/Beatrice in American Waterfront. That last one is my favorite, of course.^^

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    I heard it will be masquerade themed and that would be very fitting for TDS and different from what land is doing so I hope it is true!
    Ichigo beat me to it!^^ I was just gonna guess that at TDS the theme would have to be "Masquerade." Goes perfectly with Mediterranean Harbor, and even works well for American Waterfront (glamorous parties of the NYC elite) and Arabian Coast (veils and belly dance costumes work with the theme for me). With the design aesthetic that infuses TDR and especially TDS merchandise, I expect to be spending a lot of money if this is indeed the theming. I guess it really has to be. I hope Duffy's costume will finally not be just a "pumpkin bag!" Maybe a harlequin?!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Oh, that's interesting! I like that idea, it's a classed-up version of Halloween. I'm really looking forward to what they're doing now!

You can buy merchandise everywhere, but it's the same merchandise. It's the same with Harborside Christmas, come to think of it. There's Mickey/Minnie stuff everywhere, but during these "couple-themed" events, it would be nice to have Ariel/Eric in Mermaid Lagoon, Aladdin/Jasmine in Arabian Coast, and Manfred/Beatrice in American Waterfront. That last one is my favorite, of course.^^
    Wait, who are Manfred and Beatrice?? I've never heard of them before.

Ichigo beat me to it!^^ I was just gonna guess that at TDS the theme would have to be "Masquerade." Goes perfectly with Mediterranean Harbor, and even works well for American Waterfront (glamorous parties of the NYC elite) and Arabian Coast (veils and belly dance costumes work with the theme for me). With the design aesthetic that infuses TDR and especially TDS merchandise, I expect to be spending a lot of money if this is indeed the theming. I guess it really has to be. I hope Duffy's costume will finally not be just a "pumpkin bag!" Maybe a harlequin?!
    Yeah, I wonder if they will do it park-wide or not? Also, it could be fun for Duffy. I imagine they can't get away with releasing another "pumpkin" costume for him...it would be a shame if they did. A harlequin Duffy woudl be very cute...and also appropriate for me, since I have that theme in part of my room, so he'd fit right in.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Wait, who are Manfred and Beatrice?? I've never heard of them before.
    Manfred Strang and Beatrice Rose Endicott are from Tower of Terror. They are my favorite Disney couple because they are both wicked smart and have strong personal belief systems (that clash at times^^). Check the site and enjoy. Have some free time on your hands, though; it's extensive. I'm actually gonna go back through it again, too. 'Sbeen a while.^^

Yeah, I wonder if they will do it park-wide or not? Also, it could be fun for Duffy. I imagine they can't get away with releasing another "pumpkin" costume for him...it would be a shame if they did. A harlequin Duffy woudl be very cute...and also appropriate for me, since I have that theme in part of my room, so he'd fit right in.
    I've noticed that "park-wide" really means mostly Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, and Arabian Coast. Seasonal event decorations are less apparent or totally absent from Port Discovery, Lost River Delta, Mysterious Island and Mermaid Lagoon. This suits me fine, though. I don't really think Christmas wreaths or fluffy hearts would work well in those areas anyway. Except Mermaid Lagoon at Valentine's, as I've mentioned. Of all the princesses, I think Ariel is the most genuinely romantic.

Anyway, I'm confident all of the "front three" areas will be in on Halloween this year, and I'm optimistic that Duffy will not be a pumpkin...again...I think we're way past midnight on that one. Let's hope for Halloween Harlequin, or better yet - an assortment of different costumes!

• You have much to learn...

I also enjoy the seasonal events at TDS & feel that what they do is enough & don't go too overboard and spoil it.

It will be very interesting to see a Masquerade theme to TDS for Halloween since it would be repetative if they went for a full Halloween effect since they are doing that very well in TDL anyway. I'm sure they will carry it out in TDS with more class and finesse.

Although themeing seems to be primarily focused in certain areas of the park, I would love to see what they come up with with areas like Lost River Delta, Port Discovery & Mysterious Island for the different seasons. There has been some, from time to time, but not as focused as in Mediterranean Harbor or American Waterfront areas like what has been said earlier.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I also like how TDS has been holding separate events like Seasons of the Heart/Sweet Duffy, Spring Carnival, and Disney a la Carte. Those have no equivalent over at TDL, so it's nice that there are other offerings that are totally unique to TDS. I also love how Spring Carnival and Disney a la Carte are basically EPCOT's Flower & Garden and Food & Wine festivals, but given a new spin.

Oh, and speaking of Disney a la Carte...what will happen with that this year, since last year it fell right at the same time TDL was doing Halloween? If both parks are now doing that, what will happen to the dining event?

• You have much to learn...

I checked out your new arrival photos from last week- Looks like Duffy made it there safe and sound and is having a good time.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I checked out your new arrival photos from last week- Looks like Duffy made it there safe and sound and is having a good time.
    Yeah, he made it in one piece, and he's really cute...somehow different from his "Disney Bear" roots. I thought it would be a fun thing for me to try to improve my photography skills, and figured Duffy could be a tool to do so. I'd love to take some classes to get better as well. I did add a new album of taking him with me to my getaway spot in the woods. Hey, it was a fun little exercise, and I still have my sanity afterwards, LOL! I haven't started talking to Duffy...yet, LOL!

• Banned User

I was told today by Ichigopara that TDS will offer a halloween event of some sort.. with a masquerade theme to it.. sounds very venetian to me. So, look for Duffy to be out there in his little costume wearing a cute mask.
    BTW.. here in my hand I have the Duffy pin set that was sold a couple of years ago. So cute. I wonder how much it would fetch on EBay...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Oh, and speaking of Disney a la Carte...what will happen with that this year, since last year it fell right at the same time TDL was doing Halloween? If both parks are now doing that, what will happen to the dining event?
    I heard from Ichigo that A La Carte was a one-time deal. Kinda bummed I missed it.

Yeah, he made it in one piece, and he's really cute...somehow different from his "Disney Bear" roots. I thought it would be a fun thing for me to try to improve my photography skills, and figured Duffy could be a tool to do so. I'd love to take some classes to get better as well. I did add a new album of taking him with me to my getaway spot in the woods. Hey, it was a fun little exercise, and I still have my sanity afterwards, LOL! I haven't started talking to Duffy...yet, LOL!
    That's been my goal, too, the photography aspect. Only once I started getting better at composition, I noticed how old my camera is!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    BTW.. here in my hand I have the Duffy pin set that was sold a couple of years ago. So cute. I wonder how much it would fetch on EBay...
    That's so cool! One of my MiceChat friends just found that set for me, too! What a lucky week! I don't know why you'd want to sell them, but they usually go for US$40~50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM
  2. 11-12-2010, 08:04 AM
  3. 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. 11-11-2010, 04:23 PM
  5. 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
  6. 11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
  7. 11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
  8. 10-23-2010, 11:45 PM
  9. 10-17-2010, 06:31 AM
  10. 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM